Our Obama Posters Published in an Academic Book

The People's Cube enters history once again, this time in the form of illustrations for an academic book on copyright law by Kenneth D. Crews, PhD, a professor at Columbia Law School in New York.

Copyright Law for Librarians and Educators
Creative Strategies and Practical Solutions

American Library Association - Chicago 2012

Obama_Poster_Fair_Use_Parod.jpg
As copyright goes, Mr. Crews requested the permission to use our images first, which has been granted. After a few emails I received an autographed copy of his book - many thanks! He even suggested a meeting over a cup of coffee in the city, but unfortunately I left town. Too bad - we have a lot to discuss!

Obama_Poster_Fair_Use_Autog.jpg
Keep the spirit too, Kenneth Crews - and together we will keep the People's Cube rolling!

And thanks to all the Cube members who participated in the Obama Posters thread and shared their ideas!

Excellent Comrade Square
Once again your work inspires the Proletariat most magnificently. The World of Next Tuesday© draws closer!

Image Outstanding! There's only one way for a professor to know of the artwork even existing, and that is his graduate assistants! We're getting through! Keep up the great work!

Image Silly Eggheaded academicians, In the world of Next Tuesday™ , all artwork belongs to the People™ and the books are published by the Government, so who should waste time asking such permissions? <spit>

I denounce this 1 percenter Kapitalist Kenneth Crews, PhD, professor of Kapitalist law-lessness who will earn many ill-gotten royalties on the backs of Students who could otherwise be gainfully occupying Wall Street for the betterment of the People™

Great Stalin's Ghost wrote:Today academia, tomorrow the world!!!!!!!
I like Academia especially in cookies but you can eat them separate too.
How they help us conquer the world?

Khruelchev wrote:Excellent Comrade Square
Once again your work inspires the Proletariat most magnificently. The World of Next Tuesday© draws closer!
I'm still working on Monday.

Tovarichi wrote:Image Outstanding! There's only one way for a professor to know of the artwork even existing, and that is his graduate assistants! We're getting through! Keep up the great work!

Image Silly Eggheaded academicians, In the world of Next Tuesday™ , all artwork belongs to the People™ and the books are published by the Government, so who should waste time asking such permissions? <spit>

I denounce this 1 percenter Kapitalist Kenneth Crews, PhD, professor of Kapitalist law-lessness who will earn many ill-gotten royalties on the backs of Students who could otherwise be gainfully occupying Wall Street for the betterment of the People™

Denounce is good Ja?

Yes Pravda, a fresh healthy Denounce is best when broiled just until tender, then served with a light orange sauce with rice. Maybe some beets on the side and dry red wine to go along with it. They serve it on Tuesdays in the Mess Hall...line up early before they run out.

Guardian of Pravda wrote:
Yer nuts!

Tovarichi wrote:Yes Pravda, a fresh healthy Denounce is best when broiled just until tender, then served with a light orange sauce with rice. Maybe some beets on the side and dry red wine to go along with it. They serve it on Tuesdays in the Mess Hall...line up early before they run out.

Just after beet removal exercises which the guards demand everyday.

Great Stalin's Ghost wrote:
Guardian of Pravda wrote:
Yer nuts!
It's good to be understood. (Better than stood against wall then put under afterwards.)

Where's the like like like spit spit spit button!Your should be sorry for coming to America, Red Square.Soon you will be unable to walk down your prison hallway unnoticed by other thought criminals.

The Comrade forgot to add "Nuts" after the Academia in his explanation.

Most of the “nuts on are on the faculty, not in the student body!

General Confusion wrote:The Comrade forgot to add "Nuts" after the Academia in his explanation.

Most of the “nuts on are on the faculty, not in the student body!

Is it not amazing Comrades how much subtle humor can be derived from the most innocent of statements.
Indeed when Comrade Putin stated the elections in Russia were fair I laughed myself silly and had to eat beets to recover.
Academicians for the most part are nuts. They have to be to put forward the Party Line with a straight face.
Without them where would the party be. These brain washing educators of young minds full of mush (Properly attributed to Rush) would not receive the propaganda education they strive so hard for so that they can occupy small parks and other areas of labor.

Comrades, we must rally around our nut-less brethren in Jackaldemia. Many of them cannot even lift a shovel or a beet.

I'm allergic to Academia nuts.
Cashew nuts have too much phlegm.
Brazil nuts are suspicious due to their proximity to dictators.
However Castellated nuts are safe.

Christine O'Donnell used to hang out with Hex Nuts, and look where that got her.

Ivan Betinov wrote:Christine O'Donnell used to hang out with Hex Nuts, and look where that got her.
Dey gonna get you now. Messing with them Witches and such, my my.
They cook dem hexnuts in a coven?

American students should belong to "Future Farmers of America" because their heads will be full of Road Apples. They will indeed get an "apple a day".

General Confusion wrote:American students should belong to "Future Farmers of America" because their heads will be full of Road Apples. They will indeed get an "apple a day".

Comrade General, you are Confused. American Students must belong to
Future Toilers of Amerika ™ , we do not want their heads filled with silly notions of independence and self reliance. One may well call them Future Kulaks of America if they are untouched by the nuts of academia. Furthermore a whole apple a day is indulgent capitalist behavior, they must have beets and, if loyal to The Party ™, liquid potatoes.

Comrade Coily wrote:
General Confusion wrote:American students should belong to "Future Farmers of America" because their heads will be full of Road Apples. They will indeed get an "apple a day".

Comrade General, you are Confused. American Students must belong to
Future Toilers of Amerika ™ , we do not want their heads filled with silly notions of independence and self reliance. One may well call them Future Kulaks of America if they are untouched by the nuts of academia. Furthermore a whole apple a day is indulgent capitalist behavior, they must have beets and, if loyal to The Party ™, liquid potatoes.
Wodka, er I mean Vodka. Yes.

And this image will soon appear in a revised edition of an influential British tome Problem Solved: A Primer in Design and Communication (Phaidon Press, UK) - illustrating the chapter on ethical & political design.