Anti-savage poster offends a savage: the back story

While this story has been covered in the New York Post, NewsBusters, JihadWatch, and linked on Drudge, I'd like to offer a little-known back story of the events - and it involves the People's Cube in more ways than one.

To restate the news story in one paragraph: the Egyptian-American pundit Mona Eltahawy, who likes to pose as a "liberal Muslim" on CNN and MSNBC's weekend morning shows, has revealed herself as a savage anti-Semite and an Islamic supremacist, trying to vandalize pro-Israel ads in a New York subway station with pink spray paint (her color-coding, no doubt, inspired by the notorious Code Pink). A pro-Israel activist Pamela Hall, who has been chronicling these "controversial" ads on her blog, happened to be there and tried to protect the ad with her body, for which she was violently attacked on camera by the raging "liberal Muslim." As the police promptly arrested the Muslim lunatic, she screamed about her right to freedom of speech and expression, claiming a "non-violent" protest. Pamela Hall, the real defender of freedom of speech in this story, who got pink paint all over her face, clothes, and video camera, is pressing charges.

Now for the back story: Pamela Hall is also a personal friend of ours and a member of the People's Cube, posting on our site as "Red Squirrel." She and I had worked on a few projects, the most successful one being this video, which she shot and I edited. It was picked up by Drudge and posted on their respective sites by Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh, who also played the soundtrack from it on his show: Liberal Outrage: A Pro-McCain March In Manhattan.

Pamela is also the photographer who captured the infamous "Death to all Juice" picture that has since become an Internet meme. This story and the follow-up story were also posted on the People's Cube: "Death to all Juice" Guy Busted in NY for Joining Jihad. The reason the picture originally had no attribution was, at the time Pamela was trying to stay below the radar, very reasonably fearing to lose a job due to New York's intolerant "liberal" attitudes.

Standing up for reason and common sense in New York City is indeed a dangerous business. During the 2008 election Pamela Hall was hit over the head in the street by a deranged Obama voter. I reported the attack, along with the photographic proof, on this site and Pajamas Media: Obama Supporter Assaults Female McCain Volunteer in NY.

That story, also featured on Drudge, could have been a game changer in the election. However, two days later, a deranged woman who claimed to be a McCain supporter, faked a similar assault. The media jumped on the fake attack with glee, as the Democrat activists deliberately created a confusion between the two cases, dismissing the assault on Pamela despite a police report and the name of the perpetrator. Whoever owns the media owns the narrative and therefore gets to write history.

Let's hope this story will not fade away as easily. Regardless of what narrative the media will develop this time, to every reasonable person, this tiny woman who fearlessly stood in the way of a raving savage, is the true hero.

More to come later, including Pamela's recollection of the event and her own video she took with her camera.

For now, let me finish with the anti-savage poster she was protecting with her body. We covered the story of how the MTA initially rejected this ad, adding a series of visual spoofs portraying the hypothetical reaction to it by offended savages. That makes Mona Eltahawy's claim to be a Proud Savage nothing more than - you guessed it - life imitating the People's Cube.

MTA: Geller's Anti-Savage Poster May Be Insulting To Savages

You get no argument from us, Mona - you're a bona fide savage, vandal, and barbarian.

We support the Savage! (has anyone seen my Caviar stash.. seems to have gone missing...)

Bruno!!!!

How unfortunate for me to have missed this important and relevant bit of news on any of the major current news stations! I suppose in the frenzy of declaring O'bama soaring in the polls and trouncing Mittens™ in the election already, they simply didn't have the time to report on such mundane, insignificant newsworthy stories.

Thank you, Red Square

Mona obviously understands the new savage progressive paradigm on free speech: included in the savage progressive free speech rights are the rights to vandalism and to abridge everyone else's free speech rights. They also have the rights to decide what we're allowed to see and hear - for our own good. The sooner the NYPD figures that out, the better off we'll all be.

And Pamela Hall, just what is it with this "reason and common sense" garbage? There is no room for such nonsense in the savage, progressive, Obama-supporting world of next Tuesday. Also, in the future when you insult a savage (or tender savage sensibilities), wear a helmet.

Mona Eltahawy: proud savage, vandal, barbarian.

Mona_Eltahawy_savage_vandal_barbarian.jpg

Image Her supporters claim that the "anti-savage," pro-Israel ads insult Muslims by equating them with savages.

But the ads don't presume that all Muslims are against Israel - the progs do! By claiming the above, they presume that being a Muslim automatically makes one hate Jews. Here's what they are saying, in other words: "To want to murder Jews is in the Muslim nature, and who are we to deny them their cultural and religious rites?" All cultures are equal.

This brings us to "speciism." It claims that humans shouldn't be superior to animals only because they have reason. All animals are equal with humans.

Now the two ideas, cultural relativism and speciism, come together: the progs see Muslims not as fully human, but rather as part-animals, who can only exist in a special habitat that is different from the rest of non-Muslim humans. The said habitat involves tyranny, oppression, chauvinism, irrationality, and murdering of the Jews and other non-believers as a form of human sacrifice to please their god. And that is OK, because that's what being a Muslim means. Destroying that habitat will endanger the "Muslim species." Yet, at the same time, these people must enjoy the same rights as the rest of humanity: all cultures are equal.

Isn't such an approach an ultimate insult to Muslims - at least those who are not savages and have the ability to think rationally?

Exalterd Party Chairman wrote:The said habitat involves tyranny, oppression, chauvinism, irrationality, and murdering of the Jews and other non-believers as a form of human sacrifice to please their god. And that is OK, because that's what being a Muslim means. Destroying that habitat will endanger the "Muslim species."

Replace the word "muslim" with "liberal" and it's a carbon copy of exactly what liberals do: they're tyrannical, oppressive, chauvinistic, irrational, and murder the unborn as a form of human sacrifice to their god of convenience. They express a demonic hatred — just like the muslims do — towards anyone who isn't a member of their club. Murders probably have been committed, but is well within the scope of their hatred towards "non-believers".

"Jihad is not primitive and I will savage anyone or anything that disagrees!"

Makes the whole point of the poster.

Komrades, let us rejoice that the conservative reactionary scum are not as violent as we portray them. Otherwise they would have the same protection as the Islamists.

My Our entire collective is simply mystified: Why is this "Mona" thing - "a woman creature" - not completely protected in an officially sanctioned burqa? Is she it not publicly flaunting her its visible "lady parts" in this shamelessly wanton public display? She It should be Stoned To Death - as conforms to Islamic Law Every Law of Thinking People.

Fhalkyn, I am reading an essay by Theodore Dalrymple on the anger of backwards people. He says that Joseph Conrad understood it best. The Pole was, with his father, sent to a gulag. Then he became, of course, one of the best and most perceptive authors in English. I've also read V. S. Naipaul's Among the Believers, which chronicles his tour of I think five (7?) Muslim countries 30 years ago. He talked about the technological backwardness of the civilization.

Bear in mind that Romney's supposed gaffe in Israel was merely quoting a study by Islamic scholars, and there are some, I find, who are not merely inciting murder of infidels. This is refreshing. The study was on the backwardness of Islamic countries and civilizations and why they're backward.

It would be hard, I'd think, to be brought up in an ideology and to go out into the outer world and find it utterly incapable of even coming to terms with anything more modern than the Middle Ages.

Father Prog,

That reminds me of a scene in Lawrence of Arabia where a Bedouin military leader said to Lawrence, "We don't need the training; just the guns."

Red Square wrote:This brings us to "speciism." It claims that humans shouldn't be superior to animals only because they have reason. All animals are equal with humans.

Now the two ideas, cultural relativism and speciism, come together: the progs see Muslims not as fully human, but rather as part-animals, who can only exist in a special habitat that is different from the rest of non-Muslim humans. The said habitat involves tyranny, oppression, chauvinism, irrationality, and murdering of the Jews and other non-believers as a form of human sacrifice to please their god. And that is OK, because that's what being a Muslim means. Destroying that habitat will endanger the "Muslim species." Yet, at the same time, these people must enjoy the same rights as the rest of humanity: all cultures are equal.

Isn't such an approach an ultimate insult to Muslims - at least those who are not savages and have the ability to think rationally?

Hey Boss,

First, please forgive me if my response is not completely articulate - I'm sick again, and probably shouldn't post with such a high fever cause really, I might be a bit delirious... It wouldn't be the first time. That said, I must admit to being torn over this entire thing. As a multi-hyphenate in the form of a Female-Cetacean(Dolphin)-Kanadistanjian-Jewish-Zen-Buddhist-of-Russian-descent (that doesn't cover it all but will do for now... oh! I forgot Zionist and Survivalist! sorry)... I am truly torn... the Muslims... or seemingly most Muslims, want to push Israel into the sea... as a Jew and a Zionist, this upsets me... as a Dolphin, I can't argue... I like the sea and although there's lots of herring in Israel and many Jewish neighbourhoods world-wide, it's pickled and requires rye bread, which gets soggy in the sea... and dolphins like to catch it ourselves... fresh, y'know... I have no problem with speciism to a point - I believe it should be limited to those species that show theory of mind (what some would call self-awareness which is the pre-condition for empathy - a quality which many humans are not even capable of) ... Dolphins, of course, as well as elephants, and many whale species... Gorillas and Orangs, just as examples... I don't view it as cultural relativism as much as simply trying not to wipe out endangered species which I value. Cows are neither self-aware nor endangered, and they're tasty. And although they aren't known as a species with theory of mind, a smart dog can be said to have the moral sense of a three-year-old.

Similarly, I am horrified at what is done to women in many Muslim countries and cultures, and yet even as I write this, a Montreal Afghani-Kanadistanjian mother is once again facing charges in court for attempting to stab her teenaged daughter to death for staying out all night with her friends and walking around in public (in her words, like a prostitute), and socializing with boys. For every woman who wants to escape the bonds of Islam that make them less than human and allow them to be treated worse than broodmares, it seems there is another who is so inculcated in the cultural norms that seem pervasive within Muslim countries and which allow mothers to value their own daughters' lives below that of their families' honour...

I found our friend Jeffrey Imm's (think I got the name right) post sweet but woefully innocent, and not in a good way, and sadly, from experience, 'a touch' simple. It would be very nice to believe that all the world's ills could be solved if we were all just nice and respected one-and-other... Sadly, it only takes one nuclear Iran to screw it up for everyone and experience has taught me that just because I want something to be so, doesn't make it so. The whole human rights vs. human wrongs riff is catchy, but ignores the fact that 'human rights' in the sense of moral or legal entitlements are simply not the same thing as right vs. wrong, in the sense of right as defined as morally correct, just, or honourable. As you correctly pointed out, usually Hallmark™ sentiments are a bit shorter if you want them to fit on a card, but it'd make a catchy card that would probably sell well in the UN gift shop or on any product on which Ghandi is also quoted extensively... That's right... "Be the change you want to see in the world" mugs... you can find them in the same aisle as "Human rights, not human wrongs!" mouse pads... I think his entire post is summed up better in the lyrics of En Vogue's "Free Your Mind" (and the rest will follow)... you could dance to it, and it cost less than a mouse pad.

And yet, as a Zen-Buddhist, there is always the urge to reduce such complex and ultimately life-endangering threats to their simplest form... If we only live just and respectful lives, creating as much good in the world as possible while reducing evil to as great as an extent as we can, we will have met our moral requirements for a good life. This, of course, ignores the basic fact that we only have control over our own behaviour and others don't share this belief. Humans are complex, yet stupid, on the whole, and even the most evolved of cultures gives over very easily to a mob mentality which allows the individual to abrogate personal responsibility while 'just following orders' or worse, to give in to emotional justifications, rather than rational ones... whether this translates into a mob burning down a KFC and killing a foreign dignitary simply because they are angry about a repulsive video but don't share the same beliefs in free speech as the country in which is was produced, thereby blaming the country and its fundamental principles rather than the individual who actually produced it, OR, it leads the majority of a country to give over to the warm and fuzzies they get from patting themselves on the back for voting for someone based on skin colour rather than ability, having collectively fallen under the spell of pretty words that make them feel good but don't stand up to critical scrutiny.

However we look at it, I think the lesson to be taken away is that no matter who the message comes from, spin is spin, and people are easily made dizzy. And dizzy people like the feeling, whether it allows them to abrogate their responsibility to think critically rather than emotionally, or gives them license in their minds to join the mob and justifies their destructive impulses. Either way, the spin has succeeded...

As you so aptly once wrote, "Dizzy with success"...
SMO...

Sister, when you're sick you are perhaps at your most perceptive. I know how that goes. When you're at the bottom, there is nothing but your health and survival; when you're MERELY ill you can't do all you want and are reflective.

I've noticed the modern tendency to replace thinking with sentimentality. I'm very sorry that for example some boys spoofed a girl into thinking she was Homecoming Queen. (Where are the feminazis when you need them?) I'm sorry for the girl. But the reaction of the town, pitching in to buy a gown for her, other things, was nothing but an invitation to entitlement.

Into every single life a little rain must fall. Or shit must happen.

The biggest victim of political correctness was thought. Which has been entirely supplanted by sentimentality. Sentiment is feeling; sentimentality is, as someone said, blubbering over a dead donkey. Nothing wrong with sentiment.

Everything wrong with sentimentality. We cannot live reasoned lives with a Hallmark card mentality.

Forgive my absence, comrades and thank you for the cavier Rooster,

Another excellent report Comrade Red Square! The back stories are always the most interesting. It is good to see the older comrades and the new ones I have yet to speak too.

Sister Massively Opiated wrote:I found our friend Jeffrey Imm's (think I got the name right) post sweet but woefully innocent, and not in a good way, and sadly, from experience, 'a touch' simple. It would be very nice to believe that all the world's ills could be solved if we were all just nice and respected one-and-other...
Comrade Sister of Various and Sundry High Amplitude Opiations, first of all I hope you feel better soon!

Secondly, for best results as per the part of your post which I quoted above: Fire up Nirvana's "Territorial Pissings", preferably at a volume equal to your massive opiations (equality in all things, you know), and note the first lyrics, which are, in fact, quoted from a much earlier lil' ditty by the Youngbloods.

I think that the tone in Curt's voice as he sings them pretty much says it all; but he may not (to be sure) have been contemplating the potental Dolphin vantage point at the time of the recording.

Yes, yes. Liberal Muslim practicing Taqiyya. Maybe she is vying for a spot at the State Department by impressing Huma Abedin. There is always need for more Liberal Muslims to help infiltrate the capitalist strongholds.

Maybe next time Suzie "Medea" Benjiman visits glorius prophet Ahmadinejad at a Potemkin Village of his choosing, she will take Mona Eltahawy along.

Is redolent of opening scene of 2001 substituting Krylon for the bones.

From one Skwerl to another: All hail fearless & brazen Red Squirrel.

Here's jihadist who might join the #ProudSavage hashtag. As an amateur surgeon and adventurous gourmet eater, he can credibly explain what "My Jihad" means to the unsuspecting LIV infidels.

Video: Syrian rebel cuts out soldier's heart, eats it

Beavis wrote:Remember, Komrades: Mona Eltahawy is an anagram for A Hate-ly Woman
Not to mention Waay on the Lam and Why Moan A Teal?

Sister Massively Opiated wrote:
Red Square wrote:
However we look at it, I think the lesson to be taken away is that no matter who the message comes from, spin is spin, and people are easily made dizzy. And dizzy people like the feeling, whether it allows them to abrogate their responsibility to think critically rather than emotionally, or gives them license in their minds to join the mob and justifies their destructive impulses. Either way, the spin has succeeded...

As you so aptly once wrote, "Dizzy with success"...
SMO...

Darling Sista M,

You bring my thoughts into greater focus, like a "Zoom In" I love you for this! (Many other reasons as well.) I agree with Father Prog when he says that you are most perceptive when you are sick! Yes! We got your back, Sweetheart! And, that's a damn good back, too!

We ain't patronizing you, sweetheart. We mean it! You COOK!

Father Prog Theocritus wrote: The biggest victim of political correctness was thought.

Yes! To the infinity degree! Not squared, not tripled, not quadrupled! No! To infinity! I don't know how to express this mathematically but, infinity it is! I absolutely love this quote! It rings a bell in my heart!

I submit from a friend one of the most perfect expressions of truth. AND the last paragraph of his speech had me sobbing while reading it to my partner. So very touching.

You, Father Prog and Sista M remind me of this. I cannot find the words to describe my love for you as well as my love for our Founding Fathers:

How Much Did Our Founding Fathers (old, dead white men) have to Pay? Plenty! And, in most cases, EVERYTHING! They were astounding people. Imbued with great integrity. By definition, integrity is what holds, among other things, civilization together.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/pages/static/my_father_s_speech

p.s. When I went back to place the "OFF" button in a strategic place, it just wouldn't do it.

Image Say what you will about the following, and I'll add my two cents into it as well, but one of the things I am grateful for living here in America is the notion of private property (yeah, yeah, I know).

What I own is mine, and no one can take that from me. This leads to the idea of the sanctity of life, that life is worth protecting, it is worth preserving. This leads to the idea that it's okay for me to have a different opinion, and I should not be killed over it. In a civilized society, this is possible. In a primitive society, it is impossible.

I can not tell you how sickening it is to me to see/hear people say "down with this civilized society!" What's even sicker is we're heading that way. I enjoy my life. I enjoy the comforts advance technology has brought us. I enjoy waking up and not worrying about a thug coming into my house and taking what's mine. I enjoy living. To hear these monsters say "you can't live like that, you must submit to a primitive society's ways" is not only disgusting, it's down right insulting to so many things, both on a personal level and to a lot of people (like those who have been saved thanks to advances in medicine. I wonder if those primitive screw-heads think blood letting still works.)

In all honesty, the only comfort I take is knowing these fools will reap what they sow, and chances are good they will not be sitting in the big golden comfy chair that is the leader's chair, or anywhere near it for that manner.