Operation What's-its-Name against ISIS

[img]/images/Operation_Whatsitsname.jpg[/img]

It turns out, the Pentagon and the White House have hit a wall trying to come up with the most politically correct and inoffensive name for the operation against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, which isn't a real war and isn't a real operation.

"Operation No Boots" was rejected because it sort of implies that the US military have a shortage of footwear. "Operation Flip-Flops" was deemed too offensive to Sec. of State John Kerry. The Pentagon's idea of "Operation Limp Wrist" made Barack Obama squirm, and "Operation Enormous Fist" offended the First Lady, who, in turn, suggested "Operation Sculpted Shoulders" and "Healthy Snacks for Oil," which was rejected by the Pentagon because it "sounded too gay."

As of now, the most promising contender for the name is "Operation Arugula," but that may change, too. Let's put our minds together, comrades, and create a name that will go down in history as the gold standard of the genre.

For a more in-depth research, please refer to this WSJ report:

Operation Name-That-Mission: The Hunt for Military Monikers

Gen. Russel Honore said:

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/r/russel_honore.html">

During Hurricane Rita, he's the dashing guy who said some folks were stuck on stupid!

Listen listen listen and learn learn learn!

\

Well Comrades I've been pondering this....I remember Operation Linebacker....a manly, tough sounding NFL name. What if dear leader could appear even more powerful while allowing the NFL to redeem itself by lending a football name to this operation...something not too tough sounding that might signify desire for victory, like "Operation Touchdown" but that signifies "better than nothing"....kinda like a field goal... Kickers come to mind...Operation Place Kicker.....or maybe.....Operation Ali Haji Sheikh!

Operation "Present For Duty" has adequate vagueness. Democrats want presents (or a caring presence), and Rethugglikkans will get off of their checkbooks after reading the word duty,

We have a great crop of suggested names on our Facebook post:

• Operation Bush was right
  • Operation approval ratings
  • Operation Rolling Blunder
  • Operation Wag the Dog
  • Operation Enduring Confusion
  • Operation Crisis..CR ISIS. Christians Removing ISIS
  • Operation Ebola distraction
  • Operation clauseable deniability
  • Operation Maginot Line
  • Operation Infidel
  • Operation Variable Strategy
  • Operation man-child president
  • Operation as little response as possible to make Obama look tough
  • Operation caught with pants down
  • Operation Washington Redskins
  • Operation Milton Bradley
  • Operation Huh?
  • Operation Do Nothing
  • Operation Rectal Cranial Inversion. Oops Dims might take offense.
  • Operation Nobel peace prize
  • Operation kill these bad guys so more bad guys will take their place.
  • Operation Obama Drone. "Everybody got Obama Drone, keep him in as prezdent..."
  • Perhaps the problem is we are too worried about a name and not worried about a strategy to win.
  • Why bother? Barry will end it once the Mid-term elections are over.

I think it should be “Operation Election Cycle”. Why with all the mindless bloodshed and terrible news that has been going on, one would think that it might help if we just take a little pause and join liberals and hoist a large glass of election appeasement and capitulation. I am quite sure that after our glorious men and wymen in uniform finish bombing and infecting themselves with Eboli, they could be sent guarding Planned Parenthood centers, thanks in part to the constant barrage of neo-con propaganda.

How about "Operation Depends What the Meaning of IS IS"?

I love all the suggestions, especially Operation Depends What the Meaning of IS IS

Here's more from Facebook:

• Operation War against the Islamic State that isn't Islamic and isn't really a war
  • Operation CoverYourAss
  • Operation Flop....forget the Flip part

Thank you for the more equal acknowledgment, comrade Red Square. I will treasure being more equal than my equals until equity reigns supreme.

I suggest the name be all inclusive, so as to not alienate any particularly sensitive groups.
how does Operation LLGBTQUWOUEBSDFHWEWFEDSFD sound?

My first thought upon seeing this topic was, "Name? But Obama is all about slogans!" Catchy slogans, usually no more than three words, that he can paint on the side of his big black Canadian built bus as he tours the country inciting the masses to chant something like, "War Can't Wait" or "Bombing the Future", but then I quickly realized two things:

1 - Such slogans are the province of warmongering, bloodthirsty, oil-stealing Republicans.

2 - Obama travels around the country touting slogans for the purpose of ginning up the masses to support an attack on our REAL enemies--Republicans.

But as all good Party members know, the trouble with attaching a name to something is that in the event it becomes unpopular (usually the result of misdirection and messaging by Fox News and talk radio), a new, bright and shiny label must be stuck on top of the old one to win back the approval of the fickle, easily distracted masses.

Judging from the above submissions, we may have enough names in the hopper to get us through 2016.

May we all collectively spit on Fox News.

It is of most importance for us to remember that peace is not the absence of war......
but rather the absence of anyone or anything that disagrees with Party doctrine !

Oh yes.... the naming of Dear Leader's Grand Military Plan .......
How 'bout "Operation Half Vast " ?

The War Against The Koch Brothers

Got to stay in election cycle theme.

Operation You Didn't Build That

Operation IRS Audit

Operation I Won

Operation Occupy ISIS

Operation Chicago Bathhouse

Operation Slow and Timid (as opposed to Fast and Furious)

Operation Bomb Arbitrary Maniacal Arabs

Get it? Acronyms are always in.

Comrade StimulusMaximus,

First, you should be denounced for this "Maximus" stuff, there is no equality in it.
Second, you should be applauded for your most equal operational naming convention.

Who could possibly find fault with O.B.A.M.A. ?

See the ration-tender for an extra ration of beet peelings for your good work (that we expect to be shared among the collective...)

Extra beet peelings for everyone is the Archetypical instance of spreading the misery.

StimulusMaximus wrote:Operation Bomb Arbitrary Maniacal Arabs

Tovarichi wrote:Who could possibly find fault with O.B.A.M.A. ?

Indeed, comrades! I believe we have the winning entry, here. It's practical, provides a wide scope for execution and is unassailable from a perspective of political correctness. O.B.A.M.A. would also serve as a rallying cry for 'moderate' Muslims and moderate 'conservatives'. Politically, it's a win-win-lose-lose-win-lose-win-win-lose-win situation. Brilliant! If we could, somehow, incorporate Ebola into that operation, The Party™ will have perpetual political dominance.

Remember, comrades, we are dealing with some very uncivilized people here

Operation Incredibly Tiny

Operation We Are Not At War

I heard through the beet fields that it was considered to be Operation Save Face.

Raum Emmanual Goldstein
OPERATION FLACID PHALLUS

OPERATION RELUCTANT MILQUETOAST

Raum Emmanual Goldstein
Actually, now that I think about it, it should have a more Middle Eastern flare:

OPERATION RELUCTANT TEABOY