New 2024 Postage Stamps Preview!

I'm a counter-propagandist, not a numismatist but I can't resist posting a sneak peek at the newest stamps that will be offered by the Postal Commissariat in 2024. 

USSA POST.jpg

Here are some samples:
[click any for larger in new window]

2024 Subcultural Icons Forever Stamps.jpg

OLYMPICS 2024.jpg

2024 Nation of Migrants Forever Stamps.jpg

Any collector would be proud to add these to their Forever collection :-)

genipero wrote:
12/15/2023, 5:03 pm
Any collector would be proud to add these to their Forever collection :-)

Thanks. More to follow.

THE SPIRIT OF '76
Written in 1948, actualization in progress since then.
1984.jpg

Orwell didn't know that he was authoring a manual.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
12/27/2023, 9:42 am
Colonel,saw your stamps at IOTWreport but comments were closed. It was a Dr. Tar post . Both Great sites !

genipero wrote:
12/27/2023, 3:20 pm
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
Colonel,saw your stamps at IOTWreport but comments were closed. It was a Dr. Tar post . Both Great sites !
That probably explains why this thread got so many views since Christmas Day.

The comments are closed but there are 14 of them posted here:  https://iotwreport.com/new-forever-stamps/

Anyone know who this BFH is? Someone said he used to post at The Cube.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
12/27/2023, 6:48 pm
genipero wrote:
12/27/2023, 3:20 pm
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
That probably explains why this thread got so many views since Christmas Day.

The comments are closed but there are 14 of them posted here:  https://iotwreport.com/new-forever-stamps/

Anyone know who this BFH is? Someone said he used to post at The Cube.

OK, Colonel. Not sure how to submit it here but if you look at the menu at the site you can read "about us" and it describes the foundation of IOTWreport and if anyone knows who BigFurHat is it's The People's Cube's founder Oleg Atbashian.

BigFurHat was one of the three Cube comrades - The Cagey Three - a.k.a. the KG3 - professional artists who later started their own site, "I Own the World." We remained comrades, of course.

They had their own section on the Cube, and their work can be seen here.

https://thepeoplescube.com/kg3/

Some posts may have old HTML with broken images. Report those to the management. The errors shall be fixed and the guilty shall be punished.

Red Square wrote:
1/8/2024, 5:43 pm
BigFurHat was one of the three Cube comrades - The Cagey Three - a.k.a. the KG3 - professional artists who later started their own site, "I Own the World." We remained comrades, of course.

They had their own section on the Cube, and their work can be seen here.

https://thepeoplescube.com/kg3/

Some posts may have old HTML with broken images. Report those to the management. The errors shall be fixed and the guilty shall be punished.
Thank you, Comrade Red Square, for snatching this vital information from the memory hole.

Never in my life have I found a subject more spiritually draining than that of philately. It truly boggles the mind. Truly. Avoid it at all costs. That's all I have to say.

Pamalinsky wrote:
1/18/2024, 1:41 am
Never in my life have I found a subject more spiritually draining than that of philately. It truly boggles the mind. Truly. Avoid it at all costs. That's all I have to say.
Never in your life? Perhaps you've never been exposed to Boring Books:

Classic Odessa joke (90% of all Jewish jokes come from Odessa).

Odessa.jpg

In an old residential area, a window flies open, and a woman's booming voice fills the space. "Hey, Sarah, is my syphilitic husband with you?"

Across the courtyard, another woman appears in the window. Her face turns from red to white, and she faints.

A man quickly takes her place, yelling in frustration, "Sophie, for the last time, it's not 'syphilitic,' it's 'philatelist!'"

In Texazistan, the joke was about being in bed with Arthur Wrightus. Not as cultured as Odessa, by any stretch.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
1/18/2024, 7:06 am
Pamalinsky wrote:
1/18/2024, 1:41 am
Never in your life? Perhaps you've never been exposed to Boring Books:

Wow, after 4 seconds of listening to this I felt like I was in a NDE (near death experience, for those of you just tuning in) and had spent the half-life of plutonium experiencing my entire life. Does that make sense?

Thing is, I arrived at a place I did not like. Can I get a make-over? Please, kill me now! Please! I just hate the way this turned out. Ewe! As if?

Red Square wrote:
1/18/2024, 4:45 pm
Classic Odessa joke (90% of all Jewish jokes come from Odessa).

In an old residential area, a window flies open, and a woman's booming voice fills the space. "Hey, Sarah, is my syphilitic husband with you?"

Across the courtyard, another woman appears in the window. Her face turns from red to white, and she faints.

A man quickly takes her place, yelling in frustration, "Sophie, for the last time, it's not 'syphilitic,' it's 'philatelist!'"
Absolutely wonderful!

Here's another one.........
Everyone knows where the Big Apple is. The big question is: do you know where the Minneapolis?

A woman on a train platform walked up to a man and said, “Excuse me, but are you Jewish?”
“No,” replied the man.
A few minutes later the woman returned. “Excuse me,” she said again, “Are you sure you’re not Jewish?”
“I’m sure,” said the man.
But the woman was not convinced, and a few minutes later she approached him a third time. “Are you absolutely sure you’re not Jewish?” she asked.
“All right, all right,” the man said. “You win. I’m Jewish.”
“That’s funny,” said the woman.” You don’t look Jewish.”

In the times of Leonid Brezhnev, the USSR issued an anniversary stamp with Brezhnev's portrait, but all those stamps were falling off the envelopes.

The Party appointed a special commission to investigate. Soon they had a report:

“The stamps don't hold because most people who buy the stamp are spitting on the wrong side.”

“What about the people who don't spit, but the stamps still don't hold?”

“Those people are licking the stamp's back side so intently, there’s no glue left when they're done.”

Red Square wrote:
1/18/2024, 9:47 pm
In the times of Leonid Brezhnev, the USSR issued an anniversary stamp with Brezhnev's portrait, but all those stamps were falling off the envelopes.

The Party appointed a special commission to investigate. Soon they had a report:

“The stamps don't hold because most people who buy the stamp are spitting on the wrong side.”

“Those people are licking the stamp's back side so intently, there’s no glue left when they're done.”
Thanks, Comrade. I've been waiting since early December for someone to humorously exploit the licking aspect of philately.

Approved by the trifecta who'll infect ya,  CDC, NIH and WHO.

VIRI 2.jpg

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
1/19/2024, 11:45 am
Red Square wrote:
1/18/2024, 9:47 pm

Thanks, Comrade. I've been waiting since early December for someone to humorously exploit the licking aspect of philately.

All this philatious talk of licking someone’s stamp…

jackalopelipsky wrote:
1/26/2024, 1:28 pm
All this philatious talk of licking someone’s stamp…

That isn't even close to licking, Comrade.

This is licking:

DOGSTER.jpg