List of Forbidden Rock Bands in the USSR in 1985

This is a translated list of Western rock bands that Soviet Komsomol (a Communist Party for young people) singled out for deletion from the list of permissible music to be played at Soviet dance clubs, due to their "ideologically harmful compositions." I'd never seen it before; it had to be for internal use only. And yet I'd been feeling the invisible presence of this and similar blacklists throughout my entire life in the Motherland.

Now that I live in New York, my daughter showed me this page her professor of Russian history distributed for discussion. It is taken from a book by Alexei Yurchak "Everything Was Forever, until It Was No More: The Last Soviet Generation." The chapter is called "True Colors of Communism: King Crimson, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd." The entire text can be found in Google books. Scroll to page 215 for this diagram. Read the chapter for more context.

This one was manufactured by ideological hacks in Ukraine, but similar things were going on all over the USSR. Please note that this was a more "liberal" time in the Soviet history. The previous decades were much tougher.

Imagine ACORN or AmeriCorps activists telling DJs in America what music they can't play due to politically incorrect content. Who would they purge? Most bands are already in Obama's camp, performing "ideologically beneficial compositions." I can't think of anything to purge besides country music, but most of it has already been purged for much the same reason.

Can someone think of a band that should be purged from playlists in 2009 America due to "ideologically harmful compositions"?

My theory is that you have to completely break down society and degrade culture before the state can take total control and convince the population that it is necessity.

Democrats are in effect prepping their acolytes for the institution of the nanny state.

Materialism, physical beauty and sex, financial success without effort or practical ability (i.e. music industry, sports stars, Hollywood) are all championed by popular culture. Take a weekend to watch MTV and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. You're acting "white" if you speak English correctly and do well in school. Ambition to be materially successful is looked down upon unless you're a celebrity or old money.

This is classic. Make people dependent on the State and the few control the many. It is straight out of 1984. The proles are kept contented by the primal commodities that the Party encourages them to partake of, whether it be booze, sex, gambling or whatever.

Forget personal responsibility. The Party wants to be responsible for you. The Party exists for its own sake, power and ends. If they can break the system thoroughly enough you can bet that the Party will take control even down to the micro level because it is the only path to true human equality and happiness.

Can someone think of a band that should be purged from playlists in 2009 America due to "ideologically harmful compositions"?

The arch-Fascist Lee Greenwood comes to mind...to phooey with his "Proud to be an American!" A thought crime in every line. Charlie Daniels as well.

Red Square wrote:manufactured by ideological hacks in Ukraine
Hacks! I'd say so. What the hell is The Clash doing on the list, when lead man Joe Strummer was the most useful of idiots. The title of their fourth album was Sandinista for crying out loud. The Clash should have been the adopted national Rock Band of the USSR. Having said that, their third album London Calling is in my top 10 of all time.

Julio Iglesias and Depeche (Com)Mode? I wonder if Julio knew this and whether he thought, As I wow the women to swooning so I wow the Soviets to sweating. Were it not so sad, this would be a hilarious list of "threats."

Does this mean Pink Floyd before 1983 was OK? Something tells me Syd Barrett wasn't a New Soviet Man kind of guy.

I'm with Superkommissar Maksim about including the Clash. I think it's the first Clash album that has them pictured wearing "Red Guard" armbands.

And the Village People? I think "In the Soviet Navy" would be a big hit, as would the communal and formative lifestyle of the "YMSA."

Surely similar lists were made for internal bands like Kino, Laibach (in Yugoslavia), Boris Grebenshikov/Aquarium (spelling probably wrong). I know Boris is still at it. Apparently he plays to decent crowds of Soviet emigrants in NYC. I'd like to see him for a variety of reasons, but I don't live in NYC or wherever he does (I assume still in St. Petersburg).

I hear Ned Rorem is a reactionary. I think he even sat an interview once with a kulak from National Review!

I thought the first name everyone would mention would be Ted Nugent. Reasons: guns, violence, jingoistic imperialistic tendencies, as exemplified by his refusal to denounce George W. Bush when all other musicians of his stature declared their resounding, unanimous, non-conformist denunciations.

And also ZZ Top. I don't know why, I just want to see them on the thoughtcriminal list. That'll show them.

Oingo Boingo and their fascist song Capitalism, definitely should top the chart of any song thoughtcrime list...

and Only A Lad...

Only A Lad (Composed for your Marxist Social Stratification Crack Pipe Addiction)

Johnny was bad, even as a child everybody could tell
Everyone said if you dont get straight
Youll surely go to hell

But johnny didnt care
He was an outlaw by the time that he was
Ten years old
He didnt wanna do what he was told
Just a prankster, juvenile gangster

His teachers didnt understand
They kicked him out of school
At a tender early age
Just because he didnt want to learn things
(had other interests)
He liked to burn things

The lady down the block
She had a radio that johnny wanted oh so bad
So he took it the first chance he had
Then he shot her in the leg
And this is what she said
Only a lad
You really cant blame him
Only a lad
Society made him
Only a lad
Hes our responsibility
Only a lad
He really couldnt help it
Only a lad
He didnt want to do it
Only a lad
Hes underprivileged and abused
Perhaps a little bit confused

His parents gave up they couldnt influence his attitude
Nobody could help
The little man had no gratitude

And when he stole the care
Nobody dreamed that he would
Try to take it so far
He didnt mean to hit the poor man
Who had to go and die
It made the judge cry

Only a lad
He really couldnt help it
Only a lad
He didnt want to do it
Only a lad
Hes underprivileged and abused
Perhaps a little bit confused

Its not his fault that he cant believe
Its not his fault that he cant behave
Society made him go astray
Perhaps if were nice hell go away
Perhaps hell go away
Hell go away

(repeat chorus)

Hey there johnny you really dont fool me
You get away with murder
And you think its funny
You dont give a damn if we live or if we die
Hey there johnny boy
I hope you fry!

Oh, 2009 list, nyet... please check the current list from the Department of Homeland Scrutiny.

Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables

INGSOC wrote:My theory is that you have to completely break down society and degrade culture before the state can take total control and convince the population that it is necessity.

Democrats are in effect prepping their acolytes for the institution of the nanny state.

Materialism, physical beauty and sex, financial success without effort or practical ability (i.e. music industry, sports stars, Hollywood) are all championed by popular culture. Take a weekend to watch MTV and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. You're acting "white" if you speak English correctly and do well in school. Ambition to be materially successful is looked down upon unless you're a celebrity or old money.

This is classic. Make people dependent on the State and the few control the many. It is straight out of 1984. The proles are kept contented by the primal commodities that the Party encourages them to partake of, whether it be booze, sex, gambling or whatever.

Forget personal responsibility. The Party wants to be responsible for you. The Party exists for its own sake, power and ends. If they can break the system thoroughly enough you can bet that the Party will take control even down to the micro level because it is the only path to true human equality and happiness.
While all you said it true INGSOC, I have to ask, have you read "Brave New World" by Aldus Huxley? If you haven't, you should, and I'll give you a summary. In this world, people are encouraged to be hedonistic, people drink a thing called "soma", a hallucinogen of some sort, people have sex not only freely, but in groups and ritually.

On both stories (BNW and '84) I find America is running down a path in combination of the two. Where BNW is one where thought is not needed, '84 makes thought painful. Where in 84 there is a strong centeral government, in BNW, there is a government, but not very strong.

What do I mean by a combination of the two? I see an America closer to BNW, but a nasty totalitarian government which will rewrite history, kill off thoughtcriminals, and stay in power over the general population. I hope I die before the day comes, but if I'm alive when we see such a thing happen, you can bet your account, I'll be heading to some remote island in the Pacific I can govern myself, that or find somewhere there's a foreign land of people like here on the Cube, because America would not be worth saving by then.

Without order, there is chaos.

The Beatles. Their song "Back in the U.S.S.R." makes a mockery of the Rodina.

First off, what would a good commisar be doing in Miami Beach anyway? Hmmm? There are plenty of fine warm resorts on the Black Sea. If you don't like them, I'm sure we can find something a bit colder.

Why fly BOAC? And of course it was a dreadful flight. Isn't Areoflot good enough, where everyone flies First Class in their very own Torquemada seat?

I would hope the Ukraine girls can knock someone out. Pinkie, are you from the Ukraine?

The only singing and shouting Moscow girls make anyone do is when they are pointing out the failure of capitalism and the west in general! Singing and shouting - as if they should be having a good time!

It is not your daddy's farm. It belongs to the state! Where the next five year plan (or the one after that, I can't remember) will feed the entire population of The WorldTM*.

Though I could do with a little comradely good-fellowship to keep me warm!

* The WorldTM = definition to be decided at the next politburo meeting.

Commissar_Elliott wrote:
INGSOC wrote:My theory is that you have to completely break down society and degrade culture before the state can take total control and convince the population that it is necessity.

While all you said it true INGSOC, I have to ask, have you read "Brave New World" by Aldus Huxley? If you haven't, you should, and I'll give you a summary. In this world, people are encouraged to be hedonistic, people drink a thing called "soma", a hallucinogen of some sort, people have sex not only freely, but in groups and ritually.

On both stories (BNW and '84) I find America is running down a path in combination of the two. Where BNW is one where thought is not needed, '84 makes thought painful. Where in 84 there is a strong centeral government, in BNW, there is a government, but not very strong.

What do I mean by a combination of the two? I see an America closer to BNW, but a nasty totalitarian government which will rewrite history, kill off thoughtcriminals, and stay in power over the general population. I hope I die before the day comes, but if I'm alive when we see such a thing happen, you can bet your account, I'll be heading to some remote island in the Pacific I can govern myself, that or find somewhere there's a foreign land of people like here on the Cube, because America would not be worth saving by then.

Without order, there is chaos.

I haven't read BNW but have been aware of it and will read it shortly.

The language that is used to describe opposition in our domestic political discourse is getting more poisonous. Objectors to the direction of the government are subjected to ridicule in the press, “tea-bagging” being a prominent example.

I don't recall this treatment in the media with the code-pink or moveon.org crowd over the past decade. Opposition candidates and leaders are mocked openly, i.e Palin. Resistance to leftist policy is “astroturf” while SEIU members or other union thugs in practical uniform are trucked in with no mention of manufactured support or intimidation. Unions and organizing are accepted methods of leftist politics that are apparently exclusive and frowned upon if similar methods are used by anyone else.

I try to remain centered and objective in my observation but you really do have to retrain your mind and curtail critical thought to observe what is happening in the United States as anything less sinister than extreme leftist subversion of the foundation of the nation.

This song takes me back, way back, I mean way, way back to a time I was so stoned, I can't remember what year it was. Listen, and you'll feel like you're stoned, too.

Leninka wrote:This song takes me back, way back, I mean way, way back to a time I was so stoned, I can't remember what year it was. Listen, and you'll feel like you're stoned, too.

But it is a good song! I recall when it was a beer ad song, for Michelob, I think, when I was in college or nearly so. Had an older buddy that was a serious pothead who always endorsed an album of Canned Heat and John Lee Hooker, but I never listened to it: I couldn't find it. It was like every copy of it had been bogarted.

While I'm too lazy to check the date, I think the '80s album Speak English or Die by SOD (Stormtroopers of Death) should have made the list. It assaults both the ears and certain progressive values, as in the 27 second number "F**k the Middle East." Then there is the repudiation of diversity and multilingual immigration with "Speak English or Die." In just 4-5 seconds, the "Ballad of Jimi Hendrix" insults the entire Age of Aquarius and dares to remind the hippies of mortality! Why, it is amazing the album isn't banned in the West. That it wasn't is proof of the hollow compassion of capitalism and Western classical liberal values.
<br>Let us not forget that flagrant hooligan Sammy Hagar who refused to drive 55 in the '80s. Typical capitalist pig: He kept repeating "I Can't Drive 55," as if that is a legitimate excuse. He even dares to drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini (some frivolous elitist vehicle surely acquired outside official channels), not a Volga, Trabant, or even VW Microbus!

No Madonna? Surely she warranted a ban for her sexual exploits?

Of course in 1985 she was just getting started. Hadn't debased herself enough at the point,I guess.

i do love me some madonna though. I'm going to hell.

Comrade Lenin 'n' Things,

I say, to paraphrase the evil Boosh, "Bring it on!" The hell, the "boy toy" Madonna, and the Revolution!

Say, why isn't there a rock band called The Revolution? Or was there, but they were sabotaged from inside by foreign agents and reactionary elements? For what it's worth, I've never trusted singers with tambourines--too outré to be real reactionaries?

This story is suddenly bringing a lot of traffic from FARK.com , which may last for a day or two. Re-education of the masses has begun!

Comrades! We are most impressed, there are some glorious useful idiots Party Faithful™ on fark! That's right you Party Faithful™ the Bushhitler's KKKapitalist 9/11 ideological indoctrination must be stopped! The Rethuglikkkans must be reigned in and reviled in the name of Social Justice™! All thoughtcriminal tea baggers must stomped out with the boot of Revolutionary Justice™!

Hail Obama!!!!

The only song, the song of The Party™ must reign on supreme:

Союз нерушимый республик свободных
Сплотила навеки Великая Русь!
Да здравствует созданный волей народов
Единый, могучий Советский Союз!
ПРИПЕВ:
Славься, Отечество наше свободное,Дружбы народов надёжный оплот!Партия Ленина — сила народнаяНас к торжеству коммунизма ведёт!
Сквозь грозы сияло нам солнце свободы,
И Ленин великий нам путь озарил:
На правое дело он поднял народы,
На труд и на подвиги нас вдохновил!
ПРИПЕВ
В победе бессмертных идей коммунизма
Мы видим грядущее нашей страны,
И Красному знамени славной Отчизны
Мы будем всегда беззаветно верны!
ПРИПЕВ

Curiously enough, almost two months after posting, this topic is drawing attention from all over the world. It started with Fark.com, and now it's an article on the British Rock Radio site (someone was industrious enough to type the list of bands) with a nice illustration...

...and a Finnish (apparently news) site Aamulehti with this illustration:

Given such an attention, I added the following clarifying paragraph to the original description:

Now that I live in New York, my daughter showed me this page her professor of Russian history distributed for discussion. It is taken from a book by Alexei Yurchak "Everything Was Forever, until It Was No More: The Last Soviet Generation." The chapter is called "True Colors of Communism: King Crimson, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd." The entire text can be found in Google books. Scroll to page 215 for this diagram. Read the chapter for more context.

The wisdom of the Soviet People was prescient. Alice Cooper should be banned here, too! He is a right-wing evangelical Christian who once campaigned for Public Enemy #1 of the People, Barry Goldwater!!!! He glorifies the ignorant, misfit rantings of Sarah Palin:

https://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106541<br>
And he starts sentences with "totally". I know some of our comrades do too, but it still annoys me.

While we are at it, I formally denounce Ted Nugent. He is an unapologetic Konservative ™, and although I don't think he wrote "The Federal Reserve Isn't Federal At All", he used to play it all the time on his radio show. Spreading state secrets....the traitor!

Sorry for the double posting, comrades. Rooster, are you mocking the Princess? Remember, we are all equal now....but some of us are more equal than others.

Not at all comrade, here please accept these coupons as a token of my appreciation...

Image of your royal hieny highness.

Sure... huba, huba.... er I mean, would you like the English culture club version (which toasts on one side) or the American rock and roll version (good and toasty all over)?

Red Square wrote:Most bands are already in Obama's camp, performing "ideologically beneficial compositions." I can't think of anything to purge besides country music, but most of it has already been purged for much the same reason.
I was wrong - there is a progressive strain within country music. For example, this country musician shall be spared of the purges. Watch him getting his nose brown all the way to the tonsils as he performs to the Obamas in the White House. I can't imagine anyone in WH having a slightest inkling towards country music. They must have suffered through it to improve their "street creed" with the "rednecks."

It's now 2017, and progressive American educators are producing very similar flyers. It's not about music - yet - but give it time. The spirit and the method of wholesale mixing of any undesirables with the neo-Nazis is the same.

Flyer: ‘MAGA,' ‘anarcho-capitalist' are coded neo-Nazi language

• Flyers have appeared at the University of Kansas calling “Make America Great Again” and “anarcho-capitalist” examples of coded neo-nazi language and urging students to remove materials posted by “hate groups.”

MAGA_Flyer_Nazis.jpg

How have I never seen this (in all the years I've been visiting this site ) before .
Were Krokus (correct spelling) albums smuggled to Red Square in the Ukraine ?
Madness punk ? Ska surely
Scorpions violence ?? Looking at my Scorpion albums the only remotely violent song of theirs appears to be Virgin Killer .
You get the feeling there must another list for the really naughty bands of that era ,Slayer, Metallica,Venom to name a but a few .

Red Square wrote:... Flyers have appeared at the University of Kansas ...
uh, the KU flyer lacks that special emblem, it came up around 2008, coding many things, among them dislike of a certain skin color as well as a certain pretty common group of people. It was kinda circle, with fields (or was it highways?) in it. Recently, I saw it circulated as "Over".

... by golly!
look in the right upper corner of this page, the News we don't have time ‒ there it is, that Over.

Pronoun Pins.jpg

The University of Kansas is becoming quite active in the Next Tuesday™ movement:

LAWRENCE, Kan. — University of Kansas students are being offered buttons through the school's library system meant to make their preferred gender pronouns clear.

Various University of Kansas Libraries employees now sport the square-shaped pins, with extra ones also doled out to interested students, the Lawrence Journal-World reports.

Library leaders say the buttons are part of the library system's "You Belong Here" marketing effort meant to lure undergraduates and ensure that they feel welcome, including transgender students.

The buttons come in three versions: "He him his," ''She her hers" and, for people who don't identify themselves as male or female, "They them theirs."

"Because gender is, itself, fluid and up to the individual," a sign at the libraries reads. "Each person has the right to identify their own pronouns, and we encourage you to ask before assuming someone's gender. Pronouns matter! Misgendering someone can have lasting consequences, and using the incorrect pronoun can be hurtful, disrespectful, and invalidate someone's identity."

These pronoun buttons are strange. When I address someone, I usually use the pronoun "you/your." But then again, perhaps the person I am addressing would prefer "thou/thy/thee."

Myself, I have always wished to be addressed as "Excellency." But a simple "Comrade" will do. Where are my buttons?

Red Square wrote: Can someone think of a band that should be purged from playlists in 2009 America due to "ideologically harmful compositions"?

1. Ted Nugent - Patriotism
  2. KISS - Christianity
  3. Johnny Cash - Capitalist Monetary System
  4. Fleetwood Mac - Straying from Party Doctrine
  5. Toby Keith - War against Islam, Patriotism
  6. ZZ Top - Cisgendered White Male Sexuality
  7. Dave Brubeck - American Exceptionalism
  8. KC & The Sunshine Band - Dancing with members of a different gender
  9. Kraftwerk - Electronic Music that is intelligible
  10. RUSH - Non-Progressive Thought
  11. Led Zeppelin - Metals that hurt The Children™
  12. Frank Sinatra - Class
  13. Def Leppard - Cisgendered White Male Sexuality
  14. Classical Music - Bourgeois White Men

Red Square wrote:It's now 2017, and progressive American educators are producing very similar flyers. It's not about music - yet - but give it time. The spirit and the method of wholesale mixing of any undesirables with the neo-Nazis is the same.

Flyer: ‘MAGA,' ‘anarcho-capitalist' are coded neo-Nazi language

• Flyers have appeared at the University of Kansas calling “Make America Great Again” and “anarcho-capitalist” examples of coded neo-nazi language and urging students to remove materials posted by “hate groups.”

MAGA_Flyer_Nazis.jpg

The "elephant in the room" is the missing codeword ,one the real neo-Nazis (not just anyone the left label Nazis) have been using since the 1980's "Zionist" ,now why would that "codeword" be excluded ?

I have just discovered the original sheet of banned bands in Russian, on this Facebook page. It was posted as a comment to a translated list posted on the Night Flight page. The latter has some pretty good comments.

Rereading this thread I realized that back in 2009, when it was started ten years ago, things hadn't been as progressive in America as they are now, when people are labeled neo-Nazis and racists, and their work gets banned and erased from the Internet at the drop of a commissar's hat. The Progressive World of Next Tuesday is a breath away!

[img]/images/various_uploads/List_of_Bands_USSR_1985_Russian.jpg[/img]

Red Square wrote:
Imagine ACORN or AmeriCorps activists telling DJs in America what music they can't play due to politically incorrect content. Who would they purge? Most bands are already in Obama's camp, performing "ideologically beneficial compositions." I can't think of anything to purge besides country music, but most of it has already been purged for much the same reason.

Try looking up Xurious "trigger 50" on Youtube. Banned in 40 countries at one point, including the UK. Still restricted viewing on Youtube in the US. Electronica song, melody with no lyrics, only Nigel Farage calling the EU a bunch of tossers.

Red Square wrote:I have just discovered the original sheet of banned bands in Russian, on this Facebook page. It was posted as a comment to a translated list posted on the Night Flight page. The latter has some pretty good comments.

Rereading this thread I realized that back in 2009, when it was started ten years ago, things hadn't been as progressive in America as they are now, when people are labeled neo-Nazis and racists, and their work gets banned and erased from the Internet at the drop of a commissar's hat. The Progressive World of Next Tuesday is a breath away!

(OFF)
My Cyrillic is a bit rusty, let me freshen it up a bit:

• 1. Sex Pistols - Punk, Violence
  • 2. The B-52's - Punk, Violence
  • 3. Madness - Punk, Violence
  • 4. The Clash - Punk, Violence
  • 5. The Stranglers - Punk, Violence
  • 6. KISS - Neofascism, Punk, Violence
  • 7. Krokus - Violence, Strong personality cult (Only in USSR could you get banned for being too famous!)
  • 8. Styx - Violence, Vandalism
  • 9. Iron Maiden - Violence, Religious Lyrics
  • 10. Judas Priest - Anticommunism, Racism
  • 11. AC/DC - Neofascism, Violence
  • 12. Spark Spark? - Neofacism, Racism
  • 13. Black Sabbath - Violence, Religious Lyrics
  • 14. Alice Cooper - Violence, Vandalism
  • 15. Nazareth - Violence, Religious Mysticism, Sadism
  • 16. The Scorpions - Violence
  • 17. Dschinghis Khan - Anticommunism, Nationalism
  • 18. UFO - Violence
  • 19. Pink Floyd - Criticism of Soviet Aggression in Afghanistan
  • 20. Talking Heads - Doubting Soviet Victory in Europe
  • 21. Perron - Eroticism
  • 22. Bokonon - Eroticism
  • 23. Originals - Sex
  • 24. Donna Summer - Eroticism
  • 25. Tina Turnmer - Sex
  • 26. Shannon English - Sex
  • 27. Kenet Hit - Homosexualism
  • 28. Manish Machine - Eroticism
  • 29. The Ramones - Punk
  • 30. Van Halen - Antisoviet Propaganda
  • 31. Julio Iglesias - Neofascism
  • 32. Jazoo - Punk, Violence
  • 33. Danish Mode - Punk, Violence
  • 34. Village People - Violence
  • 35. 10cc - Neofascism
  • 36. The Stodges - Violence
  • 37. The Boys - Punk, Violence
  • 38. Blondie - Punk, Violence

Red, since you grew up reading Cyrillic, did I do an accurate job?

EDIT: I just saw the English list above.

Further, how do I add spaces between paragraphs? No matter how many spaces I add, they always end up smoohsed together!

The Osmond Brothers, and throw in their dissident "country" sister Marie... aside from their religious zealotry (think Mitt Romney), they were abusers of teeth-whitening compounds long before it was popularized by the Hallmark Channel.

Kid Rock, after coming out as a Trump supporter, has been thrown under the tractor by his progressive former fans.It's not bad enough that he supports that Kulak, Trump, but he's also guilty of "cultural appropriation," a thought crime supreme.
After rising to fame by appropriating hip-hop culture, Kid Rock made multiple pivots – first to rap-rock, then southern rock, heartland rock and now a mashup of them all. During these pivots, the artist began using the Confederate flag and championing “Southern heritage” in line with his new fan base and changing sound
Comrades, as we can clearly see, Kid Rock is demanding, in the strongest possible terms, to be forbidden.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:Further, how do I add spaces between paragraphs? No matter how many spaces I add, they always end up smoohsed together!
Switch to Poor Text Editor for breaks. You can add breaks in Rich Text Editor as well, using "soft return" - SHIFT+ENTER

In that list, 10cc were called "neofascists" apparently because they slept with the commissar's daughter but didn't want to work for it. I had posted this song earlier as Friday Night Music from Laika.

The only music worth listening to is Comrade Otis and The Soviet Socialist Marching Harmonica Army Band. My favorite.