Gov. Newsom: Doctors should write scripts for housing!

During his state of the state address this week, California Governor Gavin Newsom said that doctors should be able to write prescriptions for housing, just like insulin and antibiotics.

Doctors may start prescribing homes to sick patients as part of California Gov. Gavin Newsom's plan for a holistic solution to healthcare and homelessness.

In a series of tweets on Friday, the Democrat argued healthcare and homelessness are not separate problems. He suggested doctors should be able to prescribe a place to stay if they are treating a mentally ill person who does not have stable housing.

“Doctors should be able to write prescriptions for housing the same way they do for insulin or antibiotics,” Newsom said. “We need to start targeting social determinants of health. We need to start treating brain health like we do physical health. What's more fundamental to a person's well being than a roof over their head?”

Who will take this one?

california home1.jpg

Gavin Newsom turned down the historic Governor's mansion in Sacramento and instead moved into a six-bedroom, 12,000-square-foot home costing nearly $4 million in Fair Oaks.

Must've been his doctor's orders. I want the same HMO he is having.

This link has a slide show of that prescription with many rooms, a pool, a wine cellar, tennis courts, and a heavy wrought iron gate to keep the rif-raff away who don't have a prescription.

Gavin Newsom picked this home over the Governor's Mansion. This is what the new place looks like.

How many patients will this bedroom sleep? 20? 30?

How many shopping carts with their belongings can the visiting patients park in this wine cellar?

Antonio Salazarinski wrote:During his state of the state address this week, California Governor Gavin Newsom said that doctors should be able to write prescriptions for housing, just like insulin and antibiotics.

Doctors may start prescribing homes to sick patients as part of California Gov. Gavin Newsom's plan for a holistic solution to healthcare and homelessness.

In a series of tweets on Friday, the Democrat argued healthcare and homelessness are not separate problems. He suggested doctors should be able to prescribe a place to stay if they are treating a mentally ill person who does not have stable housing.

“Doctors should be able to write prescriptions for housing the same way they do for insulin or antibiotics,” Newsom said. [highlight=#ffff99]“We need to start targeting social determinants of health.[/highlight] We need to start treating brain health like we do physical health. What's more fundamental to a person's well being than a roof over their head?”

Who will take this one?

california home1.jpg

"We need to start TARGETING Social Determinants of health" with what?
Drones?

What happened to I'm OK. You're OK? Everything is just f.i.n.e....just f.i.n.e.

The revolution will be won with doctors prescriptions for free stuff!

Doctors in California seem to have a lot of power of prescription. I've never seen a prescription for free drugs let alone a prescription for free housing.

Yes! Turn doctors into civil servants and then give them all the arbitrary power to run the economy through prescriptions. For TheChildren ™.

What could go wrong... Doctors are angels, are they not? Far elevated above any earthly desires.

Just look at the wonders Papa Doc performed in Haïti! Che Guevara also prescribed housing to a lot of people - like people with naughty opinions and such.

Long live the white coated revolution!

Minitrue wrote:Yes! Turn doctors into civil servants and then give them all the arbitrary power to run the economy through prescriptions. For TheChildren ™.

What could go wrong... Doctors are angels, are they not? Far elevated above any earthly desires.

Just look at the wonders Papa Doc performed in Haïti! Che Guevara also prescribed housing to a lot of people - like people with naughty opinions and such.

Long live the white coated revolution!

Dr Lenin.jpg
Hero Doctors of the Revolution

Dr Lenin
Dr Stalin
Dr Mao
Dr Che
Dr Hugo
Dr Bernie

temp2PacSignature.png
Last edited by Cradle to Grave Marxist on 2/24/2020, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason for editing this post: Dangerous Kock On Door At 3AM

[attachment=1]OutOfCharacter.gif[/attachment]
Doctors...Brings me back to my time in The War...

When ever my planesmen were off depth--and our submarine was only a few feet from the bottom of the ocean off some enemy shit-hole port--I as the Diving Officer would whisper in their ears:

One - Nothing wrong with me
Two - Nothing wrong with me
Three - Nothing wrong with me
Four - Nothing wrong with me

[attachment=0]los-angeles-class-attack-submarine-012.jpg[/attachment]

(usually they fixed the problem by now and sang along with their crazy ass Chief, or else [highlight=#ffffff]the shit hit the fan.[/highlight]...)

One - Something's got to give
Two - Something's got to give
Three - Something's got to give

***NOW!!!!

[attachment=2]temp2PacSignature.png[/attachment]
Last edited by Cradle to Grave Marxist on 2/25/2020, 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason for editing this post: 3am and da Kommisar is at the door

Will this be covered under my subsidized Glorious Obamacare???

jackalopelipsky wrote:
Drones?

Komrade 'Pelipsky, would you politely shut the F%#K UP!?!? We could talk Kommissar Newsom into increasing the vodka ration. It targets your thirst, makes you social, and I have determined that it helps with health, both in [ON] and [OFF] mode.

When ever my planesmen were off depth--and our submarine was only a few feet from the bottom of the ocean off some enemy shit-hole port--I as the Diving Officer would whisper in their ears:

One - Nothing wrong with me
Two - Nothing wrong with me
Three - Nothing wrong with me
Four - Nothing wrong with me

(usually they fixed the problem by now and sang along with their crazy ass Chief, or else [highlight=#ffffff]the shit hit the fan.[/highlight]...)

One - Something's got to give
Two - Something's got to give
Three - Something's got to give

***NOW!!!!

[attachment=0]47274.jpeg[/attachment]

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:
jackalopelipsky wrote:
Drones?

Komrade 'Pelipsky, would you politely shut the F%#K UP!?!? We could talk Kommissar Newsom into increasing the vodka ration. It targets your thirst, makes you social, and I have determined that it helps with health, both in [ON] and [OFF] mode.

just, mmmhhhmmm Comrade Stierlitz, 'pelipsky just swoons when you talk that romantic stuff to the mythical horned rodent. (heart palpitations)

'pelipsky started huffin' Pam back in the 80's before graduating into other paints and solvents in the 90's just to survive. And just last week, there was 'pelipsky just out havin' fun riding bikes in the sunshine with the other kids in the hood, when a pair of Bernie Bros and ho's ran 'pelipsky's crue off the road and into the ditch.

Sure, that paper sack of Pam cut the pain of our skint knees and elbows, but the wicker basket on the front of 'pelipsky's bike got crunched so bad that Mr. Drysdale, 'pelipsky's four legged pal, has no place to ride as chief navigator anymore.

What's Kommissar Newsom's prescription fix for that?? huh??

'pelipsky
the mythical horned rodent

jackalopelipsky wrote: just, mmmhhhmmm Comrade Stierlitz, 'pelipsky just swoons when you talk that romantic stuff to the mythical horned rodent. (heart palpitations)

'pelipsky started huffin' Pam back in the 80's before graduating into other paints and solvents in the 90's just to survive. And just last week, there was 'pelipsky just out havin' fun riding bikes in the sunshine with the other kids in the hood, when a pair of Bernie Bros and ho's ran 'pelipsky's crue off the road and into the ditch.

Sure, that paper sack of Pam cut the pain of our skint knees and elbows, but the wicker basket on the front of 'pelipsky's bike got crunched so bad that Mr. Drysdale, 'pelipsky's four legged pal, has no place to ride as chief navigator anymore.

'pelipsky

There is already a fix Komrade. Simply walk down to your local ultra-prog university in your best ultra-prog uniform, and ask for an environmental basket weaving grant. Then use the money to get a new basket that suits you and Mr. Drysdale.

Whatever money's left (they'll give you more than enough), just spend it how you feel! They don't check. They just want to see the standard 5-paragraph essay at the end of the trial. Oh, by the way, you can skip the essay by stating that the end of the trial will be 200 years from now. By then, the Glorious Revolution (and/or the student loan bubble burst) will happen and either they will have forgotten about the trial in the Revolutionary Fires, or the university will no longer exist!

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:
jackalopelipsky wrote: just, mmmhhhmmm Comrade Stierlitz, 'pelipsky just swoons when you talk that romantic stuff to the mythical horned rodent. (heart palpitations)

'pelipsky

There is already a fix Komrade. Simply walk down to your local ultra-prog university in your best ultra-prog uniform, and ask for an environmental basket weaving grant. Then use the money to get a new basket that suits you and Mr. Drysdale.

Whatever money's left (they'll give you more than enough), just spend it how you feel! They don't check. They just want to see the standard 5-paragraph essay at the end of the trial. Oh, by the way, you can skip the essay by stating that the end of the trial will be 200 years from now. By then, the Glorious Revolution (and/or the student loan bubble burst) will happen and either they will have forgotten about the trial in the Revolutionary Fires, or the university will no longer exist!

Gosh, Thanks Comrade Stierlitz - that solution sounds so much more convoluted and Byzantine than the logical linear mythological horned rodents solution which was a taste of their own Bernster's Bros. and 'ho® Reeducation Gulag™ to restore Texazistan's Guadalupe Peak to it's pre-climate change below sea level levels.

Shovel Ready Reeducation Camps are comin'. Even Chris Matthews can feel this reeducation thrill comin' down his track.

The People's Red Revolution 2020.

Jackalopelipsky
the RED myth is real in 'pelipsky's horned rodent mind

I want a prescription for something 80 Proof, b.i.d., p.r.n. and paid for by the rich.

Have it delivered to my dacha tractor barn #2, where I'll be working on ummm--stuff. Yes. fixing broken stuff, late into the evening.

And those government seals over the caps had better still be intact or heads will roll.