Father's Day: a celebration of discrimination?

[img]/images/Rally_Fathers_Day.jpg[/img]

Several special interest groups have come together to protest Father's Day as a day of discrimination, as it allegedly stacks the deck against those women who are unable to become fathers, as well against those men who have chosen not to.

"It's like an annual poke in the eye," said one concerned citizen, who did not wish to be self-identified as a member of any particular orientation nor gender. "As Michelle Obama recently said, the time has come to reconsider our traditions and reexamine our historical perspectives in order to accommodate this new generation who may not wish to glorify the barbaric practice known to previous generations as fatherhood."

This latest protest raises some serious questions about how our well-intended celebration of certain members of society based on their familial relationships may be extremely offensive, or even openly aggressive towards some others. Some may argue that Mother's Day stands on the same level as it obviously discriminates against men, most of whom can't become mothers. But according to the protesters, that is a false argument because women have been the victims of male oppression since the beginning of time, and today many of them feel that reparations are long overdue.

"We have progressed beyond the traditional understanding of gender and parental roles in the modern family," said the leader of Radical Feminists of America, a prominent LGBT rights group who goes by the name of Big Red. "Society is going through some growing pains right now, and we will have to change our perspective so that we do not exclude anyone based on their capacity to become fathers."

Another class of offended victims, known as 'the fatherless,' have also expressed disdain for the celebration of fathers. The fatherless feel extremely hurt and offended that others are able to take part in a holiday that they have been excluded from. Father's Day only serves as a reminder to them of the wanton manner in which their own fathers cast them aside. "Why would anyone want to celebrate this group of men, some of whom have caused so much heartache to their own children?" asked one fatherless victim.

we should remake the Father's Day into a Day of Atonement by the males in the family, who must perform public self-flagellation in order to make up for the centuries of oppressive patriarchal rule.

In addition, on this day fathers should dress as mothers, put on mascara and lipstick, and do all the housework while mothers should dress as fathers and sit, disheveled and drunk, on the couch watching TV and drinking beer.

Think about it: celebrating Father's day may baffle The Children™, who have absorbed the Current Truth™ at their publik skools about the detrimental effect of patriarchy and male chauvinism on their families.

The Children™ will be confused!

But seeing fathers dress as mothers and mothers dress as fathers will unconfuse them and restore the normalcy of the approved KorrektThink™.

Happy Non-Specific Gender Parental Guardian Unit Day!

Love the graphic Comrade Square! Thank you for your generosity in providing a most equal image depicting the subject of my report. I am most grateful for your effort. I know your duties to The Party keep you occupied, and that your time is limited. I will recommend you for honorable mention at the next union meeting.

But I already sit on the couch and drink beer!

OksanaTheTerrible wrote:But I already sit on the couch and drink beer!

Wuss. You still have to beat the wife, spank the kids, and hit the dog with a newspaper. BTW, if the wife won't do what you tell her to do, threaten to toss her shoes in a gasoline fire. Do the same with the kids, but toss the toys in the fire. The dog doesn't know shit from shinola, so just shove his nose in it if he does something nasty.

Comrade Red Square, "All men are created EVIL"! I can't stop laughing. Too funny.

Pfft too much work. I need the kids and the dogs to grab me more beer or get the remote if I drop it. I'm kinda excited, the oldest kid can make the beer run in about 8 months!

Well done, Comrades! We are satisfied that our dire warning last year to End Father's Day and the slogans therein devised (including "All Men Are Created Evil" in Comrade Square's graphic, which we appreciate the usage of here as well) have not gone unnoticed.

Eventually, of course, all of you realize that we will eventually have to completely eliminate even the Non-Specific Gender Parental Guardian Unit Day as well. Every day shall be dedicated to the idea of the State being our one and only true "parent"!

UnifiedInformation wrote:Well done, Comrades! We are satisfied that our dire warning last year to End Father's Day and the slogans therein devised (including "All Men Are Created Evil" in Comrade Square's graphic, which we appreciate the usage of here as well) have not gone unnoticed.

Eventually, of course, all of you realize that we will eventually have to completely eliminate even the Non-Specific Gender Parental Guardian Unit Day as well. Every day shall be dedicated to the idea of the State being our one and only true "parent"!
[highlight=#ffffff]
[/highlight][highlight=#ffffff]
[/highlight] Well now this is an awkward moment, isn't it? First of all, I must plead ignorance and chalk this one up to pure coincidence. However, this is not the first time i have stumbled onto previously covered ground without realizing it, believing myself to be in possession of a newly discovered original truth. I congratulate you Unifiedinformation, for scooping my post by just a shade under twelve months. Once again my greenness among the collective has revealed my lack of redness, except where my cheeks are concerned (not to imply that you spanked me, but that I am blushing). It would be unequal of me to conclude that great minds think alike, but some like yourself Unifiedinformation, are more equally progressive than others. I tip my hat to you.

Oh, most glorious Director, I am absolutely LOVING these emotigendercons surrounding the greeting! You must market redistribute them on buttons, nametags, sticky-notes, etc., for the good of the Party!

Konservative_Punk wrote:Well now this is an awkward moment, isn't it? First of all, I must plead ignorance and chalk this one up to pure coincidence. However, this is not the first time i have stumbled onto previously covered ground without realizing it, believing myself to be in possession of a newly discovered original truth. I congratulate you Unifiedinformation, for scooping my post by just a shade under twelve months. Once again my greenness among the collective has revealed my lack of redness, except where my cheeks are concerned (not to imply that you spanked me, but that I am blushing). It would be unequal of me to conclude that great minds think alike, but some like yourself Unifiedinformation, are more equally progressive than others. I tip my hat to you.

Much obliged, Comrade Punk. We are always happy to welcome new recruits to the Party—at least those who do so voluntarily.

No to imply that your glorious People's Director Red Square can ever make an error, omission, or forget anything, I have to admit that I should have posted links to all our previous Father's Day articles. Normally, the korrekt Party course of action would be to airbrush history by revising earlier posts, but if I were to do that, the subsequent discussion would make no sense.

Here's to correct historical injustice, with Ushanka tip to Unified Information for the slogan and the image from his very equal post:

[list]
[*]End Father's Day!
[*]On Deck: Elimination of Mother's Day and Father's Day
[*]Happy Non-Specific Gender Parental Guardian Unit Day![/list]

Red Square wrote:No to imply that your glorious People's Director Red Square can ever make an error, omission, or forget anything, I have to admit that I should have posted links to all our previous Father's Day articles. Normally, the korrekt Party course of action would be to airbrush history by revising earlier posts, but if I were to do that, the subsequent discussion would make no sense.

We extend our most sincere gratitude to you, Dear Director. The legacy of our cause must be maintained, after all.

Excellent work, everybody! This story has now been promoted to the Mother Page!

Red Square wrote:Excellent work, everybody! This story has now been promoted to the Mother Page![highlight=#ffffff]
[/highlight]
Truly a collective effort. I think I speak for all of us when I say thank you to all of the collectivists who played a role in this promotion... Let us all remember to thank Lenin and HEIL HILLARY!

I rather enjoy watching Josh Earnest work. Gruber who? There is no new information in those emails. Its like a jedi mind trick to the press! "These are not the documents you're looking for." I can only.aspire to revise history like Comrade Earnest. Truly a pro. Obviously way above our pay grade.

OksanaTheTerrible wrote:I rather enjoy watching Josh Earnest work. Gruber who? There is no new information in those emails. Its like a jedi mind trick to the press! "These are not the documents you're looking for." I can only.aspire to revise history like Comrade Earnest. Truly a pro. Obviously way above our pay grade.
Great post Oksana! (Cone of Silence) Are you speaking in code Comradess? Not sure what this has to do with this thread unless I'm missing some signals from Laika that you are receiving on a higher frequency... you may want to get off of amplitude modulation... that's for Reich wing talk show hosts and their robotic minions.

HEIL HILLARY!

I was too lazy to copy and paste. Red Square was talking about revising history but then the post would make no sense. Scroll up, Comrade! Must I do all the work for you? However I do have periods of sobriety and if I don't make sense I must be sober. I am working exhaustively on that, which is why I haven't the strebgth to copy and paste.

OksanaTheTerrible wrote:I was too lazy to copy and paste. Red Square was talking about revising history but then the post would make no sense. Scroll up, Comrade! Must I do all the work for you? However I do have periods of sobriety and if I don't make sense I must be sober. I am working exhaustively on that, which is why I haven't the strebgth to copy and paste.
Aha! It all makes cents now. You know, you need not copy/paste. Just click the "quote" button in the lower right hand corner of the comment you are responding to. The Party will take care of the rest.

Please, please..too much change in one day. I am still adjusting to the news of the desth of breakfast cereal. I shall deal with this after I pass out and wake up. Sometime tomorrow maybe, while I pretend to not work.

Dear Comrades.

Having become a father to a beautiful little girl (until she changes her gender of course) just 9 short weeks ago I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed my first "fathers day". Yet, my joy was no doubt a manifestation of my male superiority complex and I feel shame for having received gifts that were not purchased through the public coffers. But, now that the experience is over I will join the movement to end this barbaric and sexist practice.

Your soon to be neutered comrade, El Presidente.

El Presidente wrote:Dear Comrades.

Having become a father to a beautiful little girl (until she changes her gender of course) just 9 short weeks ago I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed my first "fathers day". Yet, my joy was no doubt a manifestation of my male superiority complex and I feel shame for having received gifts that were not purchased through the public coffers. But, now that the experience is over I will join the movement to end this barbaric and sexist practice.

Your soon to be neutered comrade, El Presidente.
Congratulations on your new promotion to Commissar of Soiled Diapers El Presidente. There is no higher honor than being charged with raising the next generation of Party elitists. Of course we surrogate fathers can never take the place of the state, but we are privileged to be tapped for this position while it lasts. Enjoy every moment comrade. She'll be grown before you know it.

Konservative_Punk wrote:Enjoy every moment comrade. She'll be grown before you know it.

The life of Julia awaits her, comrade. Before we know it she will be working in a community garden.

"...punished with a baby..." VS "It Takes A Village"

Choose wisely, Comrade. Congratulations

It's perhaps better than being punished with a village.........Congrats, El Presidente. It takes a baby......

Today, years later, I received a pop-up note from Facebook, saying that they are removing my post about this story on the People's Cube page because it "violates their community standards with regards to hate speech."

I wish I'd taken a screenshot.

Red Square wrote:Today, years later, I received a pop-up note from Facebook, saying that they are removing my post about this story on the People's Cube page because it "violates their community standards with regards to hate speech."

And it ONLY TOOK FOUR YEARS for censorship! Floorward progress is glorious Komrades!

7puvpc1hu7431.jpg

Clara Illbustyourballs Zetkin wrote:
Red Square wrote:Today, years later, I received a pop-up note from Facebook, saying that they are removing my post about this story on the People's Cube page because it "violates their community standards with regards to hate speech."

And it ONLY TOOK FOUR YEARS for censorship! Floorward progress is glorious Komrades!

7puvpc1hu7431.jpg

Memory-holed by Facebook?? Years later?? Comrade Director, it's like it never happened...just as CIZ's research data clearly shows: Death of Father's Day is truth to power-less.

Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549

Konservative_Punk wrote:[img]/images/Rally_Fathers_Day.jpg[/img]

Another class of offended victims, known as 'the fatherless,' have also expressed disdain for the celebration of fathers. The fatherless feel extremely hurt and offended that others are able to take part in a holiday that they have been excluded from. Father's Day only serves as a reminder to them of the wanton manner in which their own fathers cast them aside. "Why would anyone want to celebrate this group of men, some of whom have caused so much heartache to their own children?" asked one fatherless victim.

Butt hurt from the 'fatherless' knows no boundaries.