Facebook banned us for 30 days today, for a 2016 CNN spoof

We were minding our own business tonight, sharing our ration of beet vodka with comrades and not bothering anybody, when along came Facebook and blocked our access for 30 days - for something we posted more than four years ago, a spoof of CNN's Fareed Zakaria.

Far be it from us to accuse Facebook of blatant political bias, let alone of being petty, vindictive, and making no sense. We completely trust their explanation that they had justly banned us today only because our 4-year-old post "goes against our Community Standards on adult sexual exploitation."

The Facebook comrades didn't elaborate what their standards in that regard looked like, but we talked amongst ourselves and decided that we would sleep better if we don't know a thing about their standards on adult sexual exploitation. We only recon that if our non-sexual spoof didn't pass their muster, they must have pretty high sexual exploitation standards.

We were banned even though we had long ago expressed our condolences to Mr. Zakaria and even featured him in a special edition of the popular Poor Me magazine dedicated to people who see themselves as victims.

We also realize that it's only the "progressives" who qualify as poor victims, despite all their million-dollar contracts, celebrity privileges, or lucrative jobs at Facebook complete with shares of corporate stock. Of course they have all the moral right to deprive us, who are trying to make ends meet with this website, of any public exposure with our meager ad revenues. The likes of us don't have the habit of claiming victim status - and if we don't call ourselves poor victims, that means we're happily enjoying our non-minority privileged status.

Without further ado:

The original spoof (44.2K shares on social media as of now):

CNN host Fareed Zakaria calls for jihad rape of white women

Our follow-up post after Zakaria complained about us on his show (4.5K shares on social media):

An open letter to Fareed Zakaria from The People's Cube

Finally, poor Fareed gracing the cover of Poor Me Magazine.

Question: Do you still get page hits (i.e., revenue), if we are blocked from the page?

If so, I will set up an algorithm (not algore who has no rhythm) to bombard myinstafacegrambook with glorious requests!

Is the reason cited by Progs ever the actual reason they do anything?

The mythical horned rodent is sensing another good ol' head fake routine, most industrious Red Square.

But, then...maybe that's why 'pelipsky has transmorphed into a mythical horned rodent.

Never let these given facts interfere with what you think, comrades.

'pelipsky

Ellsworth Toohey wrote:Question: Do you still get page hits (i.e., revenue), if we are blocked from the page?

If so, I will set up an algorithm (not algore who has no rhythm) to bombard myinstafacegrambook with glorious requests!

Thanks, but I wish it were hat simple.

It's not that I like Facebook. It just so happened that Facebook has outcompeted most other digital hangouts and at some point became a major source of our traffic, whether we like it or not. Our revenue, however meager, comes from the ads based on the pageviews on the Cube. The pageviews depend in large part on how many people find our posts on Facebook. Now all that traffic will be gone for a month.

Targeting the Cube with fake requests will have an adverse effect. The ad providers have ways to figure it out and they'll sanction us, leaving us with no revenue at all.

The revenue I speak of is currently just enough to cover our direct operating espenses.

Ten trillion in bailout and The People's Cube didn't get one Ruble? I denounce those hateful exclusionary xenophobic racist Rethugglikan Congress critters. <spit>

Prog off:

You were blocked because the Biden/Coronavirus ticket story is too close to the real strategy of leveraging the pan-dem-ic to obscure the dem-pan-ic.