Pollster's 2020 Presidential election predictions

Note: Title of this this thread was changed as other pollsters have joined in with their own predictions.

Steve Kornacki is making the same prediction all over again. His 2020 assessment of the presidential election is like a replay of his 2016 election prediction.

This well made video presents Steve Kornacki discussing his 2016 prediction that Hillary would win by a landslide, and his 2020 prediction that Joe Biden will have a landslide win.

(...yer welkome... Ccom. Rooster)

Gee A.S.

Steve Kayacki's delivery was so pre-recorded that for a minute there 'pelipsky was mesmerized like she was as elementary bunny, watching the fryin' pan salesman sling fried eggs around down at the grocery, 'splainin' space aged teflon advantages to the nice shoppin' folks.

Does Kayacky talk this way about 'everything'? Or just Electoral College Ass Fhoollary?

There is a kind of uncanny and eerie sense of impending history repeating itself in that video, isn't there?

This makes me look forward to watching Rachel Madcow on election night again. I will drink up the liberal tears.

I know not of this Great Kornholio that you speak of, but we will gladly watch the TV in November.
I have invited my sons and their families to my dacha by the sea to watch the election returns. We will drink much party beet vodka.

jackalopelipsky wrote:Gee A.S.

Steve Kayacki's delivery was so pre-recorded that for a minute there 'pelipsky was mesmerized like she was as elementary bunny, watching the fryin' pan salesman sling fried eggs around down at the grocery, 'splainin' space aged teflon advantages to the nice shoppin' folks.

Does Kayacky talk this way about 'everything'? Or just Electoral College Ass Fhoollary?

There is a kind of uncanny and eerie sense of impending history repeating itself in that video, isn't there?

You certainly have a point. I was think along the lines of the ShamWow guy...

Antonio Salazarinski wrote:
jackalopelipsky wrote:Gee A.S.

You certainly have a point. I was think along the lines of the ShamWow guy...

Kayacky literally IS ShamWow.

'pelipsky over n' out

That whatshisname, Kornholio, it's time for him to drill good Ol' Grieg's Peer Gynt (more precisely: Suite No. 1, Op. 46, aka In the Hall of the Mountain King).

Cocksure he will need it late night on Nov. 3rd:

Ellsworth Toohey wrote:This makes me look forward to watching Rachel Madcow on election night again. I will drink up the liberal tears.
Komrade ET, that vid provides en passant a catalog (though far from complete) of further victims, come Nov. 3rd.

(a cauldron brimful of proglo-lacrymal fluids, plus a shovelful beets (and two
heaped teaspoonfuls of kasha, should there be any) - yuuugely yummmy!)

Pollster Nate Silver's prediction for the 2020 election

Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight gave 2020 Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden a 71 percent chance of beating President Donald Trump in its first forecast since Kamala Harris was announced as Biden's running mate, Wednesday.

The forecast currently gives Biden a 71 percent chance of winning the 2020 presidential election, with Trump at just 29 percent.

“While it's clear that Biden is comfortably ahead of Trump right now — nationally and in most battleground states — the forecast shows Trump with a meaningful chance of winning because there's still plenty of time for the race to tighten,” FiveThirtyEight observed, before adding, “But wait! Should you even trust the polls?”

Prediction - 2020.jpg

Nate Silver's prediction for the 2016 election

The 2016 presidential election became infamous for the polls predicting a large victory for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton right up until the very end, and many outlets published retrospectives on how pollsters got it so wrong.

On November 8th 2016, FiveThirtyEight placed Clinton's chance of winning at 71.4 percent against Trump's chance of 28.6 percent — an eerily similar prediction to FiveThirtyEight's current Biden forecast.
2016 election.jpg

Nate Silver: How The 2020 Presidential Forecast Works

Yeah. And other models (which rest upon hypertrophoidally conglomeratized corpuscufluorescence, truly highest-order expert stuff) say that:

Summer 2020 will surely be the warmest since evah, topping the most recent heat by 0.000314 °F (with ±0.1 °F uncertainty and 25% confidence - meekly admitted by NASA, in small print and after the usual delay of a few weeks).

Speaking of Ol' Grieg's bam!bamm!bammm!bammmm!,
here a non-standard variant (in 3.14 minus 2 minutes) :

(achtung, Komradette Clara!)

I love this method of choosing a president. All we have to do is put some guy on a screen, who kind of half crouches and leans FORWARD, for no apparent reason (it kind of makes him look like he's talking about a football match), and have him press the states on a touch screen to hand them over to the Party™ and VOILA!!!! We win. Less risk than mail in voting, for sure. What's more, if Trump does manage to steal the election again, we can go back to this video of the two elections to prove how, once again, Trump is illegitimate.

And in the feel-good video of the day...

Hillary: "Why am I not 50 Points Ahead?"

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:I love this method of choosing a president. All we have to do is put some guy on a screen, who kind of half crouches and leans FORWARD, for no apparent reason (it kind of makes him look like he's talking about a football match), and have him press the states on a touch screen to hand them over to the Party™ and VOILA!!!! We win.

Less risk than mail in voting, for sure. What's more, if Trump does manage to steal the election again, we can go back to this video of the two elections to prove how, once again, Trump is illegitimate.

I suspect that he watched the film, The Naked Gun