'A Feast in Time of Plague' and other anti-Obama street art

SV_top.jpg

Sarcastic Posters Meet Obama at Silicon Valley Fundraiser

By Oleg Atbashian | First published in PJ Media

Imaginative satirical posters mocking president Obama appeared yesterday in various locations of Silicon Valley, where the president was scheduled to speak at yet another fundraiser with California's rich and powerful on Wednesday, in spite of all the troubles piling up, domestically and internationally.

Obama's last two-day fundraising visit to Silicon Valley was less than three months ago. This time he came accompanied by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Steve Israel, and a few local Democrat politicians. The expensive $32,400 per couple brunch and VIP reception was held in the house of a local restaurateur and real estate broker, George Marcus, inside an upper-class gated community protected from the rabble and the disastrous effects the president's policies have on the lower and middle-class Americans.

In addition to the posters, an "invitation" flyer was mailed to all neighbors within the half-mile radius of the host's home in Los Altos Hills. Describing the fundraiser as "A Feast in Time of Plague," the mock invitation pointed to the frightening gap between the increasingly entrenched political elites and the harsh reality of joblessness, insecurity, and loss of incomes for the rest of us.

A few larger versions of this flyer were also posted on the streets of Los Altos.

Other posters describe the president as a wily SiliConMan, or show him holding the iconic map of Silicon Valley while uttering his famous quote, "You didn't built that." A series of iPod parody posters in vibrant colors display Obama's silhouette holding an NSA listening device under the mock "iSnoop" brand next to the small Liberty Bell with a piece bitten off as in the famous Apple logo.

The street artists posted more photos of their satirical campaign in an anonymous online gallery. They can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/KUnUD

Here are just a few more:

SV_8.jpg
More pictures:

A Liberty Bell with a bite taken out of it deserves some kind of agitprop award, especially given that Silicon Valley most often seems to side with the statists. Is there one?

Don't worry comrades, the KGB . . . uh, I mean the IRS is already on the case tracking down the malefactors, the posters who posted those posters.

Of course, this does bring up a serious question. Since the Democrats, we're assured, are the party of the poor and downtrodden, how many poor people does it take to buy a ticket to an Obama fundraiser? Assuming that they're done changing light bulbs.

Great Stalin's Ghost wrote:Of course, this does bring up a serious question. Since the Democrats, we're assured, are the party of the poor and downtrodden, how many poor people does it take to buy a ticket to an Obama fundraiser? Assuming that they're done changing light bulbs.

I thought the bouncers manning the gate would accept the lone prole's EBT food stamp allotment in place of an entrance fee. But the prole had no luck. He was quickly tossed over the barbed wire and into the moat. Then I began thinking hoping a large group of homeless, trans-sexual, anti-war, women's rights, tree-hugging immigrants would march by and bring the prole and his EBT card with them into the party after they crashed the gates and crapped on the buffet table. But alas, I awoke and missed the end of my dream.

Great Stalin's Ghost wrote:Of course, this does bring up a serious question. Since the Democrats, we're assured, are the party of the poor and downtrodden, how many poor people does it take to buy a ticket to an Obama fundraiser? Assuming that they're done changing light bulbs.
Comrade Ghost, a little quick calculating answers that rhetorical question; at about $15.00 per person (roughly what it costs for two value meals at McDonald's) it would take 2,160 poor or middle class persons to buy access to Dear Leader the president and Ms. Pelosi.

T.C. #7980907 wrote:
Comrade Ghost, a little quick calculating answers that rhetorical question; at about $15.00 per person (roughly what it costs for two value meals at McDonald's) it would take 2,160 poor or middle class persons to buy access to Dear Leader the president and Ms. Pelosi.
Thank you for your party-approved math Comrade. I assume they've reserved a very large room, and I also assume that Michelle has planned the menu. No to capitalist McDonalds. Yes to non-GMO, locally grown, organic carrot sticks.

And don't forget the party approved beets! Let's Moo!

I wouldn't mind having one of the large "Feast in Time of Plague" posters, if anybody knows where they can be obtained.

The lower left corner of the image shows Dear Leader enjoying the fruits of his administration, ably assisted by the IRS:

ObamaTriump.jpg

Soviet Mike Komsomolets wrote:But Captain Craptek ...no UNICORN?

Mr. Uni-horn was there, but he spent the afternoon changing a flat hoof.