Museum of Nothing II: Everything Offensive Removed

Museum-of-Nothing-II---.gif

In 2017, The People's Cube reported that in the old days, it was enough to just move statues that we deem offensive from public property to a museum.

At the time, statues in America were suddenly starting to become offensive, after generations of not being offensive. This was not at all in response to the most recent election results. After decades of civil rights advances, this was an altruistic attempt to finally cleanse the United States of its original sin (The timing was just coincidental.)

It was suggested by some, that all statues be "moved to a museum" where their offensiveness could be pondered over in one, single building. By being in one place (the theory went) the statues would become much less offensive over time. But this idea was deemed unacceptable for the greater good.

The council decided that instead of putting the offensive statues in a museum, the statues would be destroyed, and the museum would instead stay empty. This way, no one would have to suffer the pain of intentionally going to a museum to look at an offensive statue. The name of the museum was changed to The Museum of Nothing. Everything offensive had been removed.

We thought this finally solved the problem, but this week, the Museum of Nothing II (formerly the Museum of Natural History) has made its grand re-opening. The statue of Teddy Roosevelt will be removed summarily. Within a matter of days, the attitude towards the statue shifted, from "don't care" to "too much to bear."

We hope now that the Museum of Nothing II has less to look at, and that visitors are absolved of any grief in their lives. By peacefully meditating in the air where offensive statues once stood, visitors can more efficiently process their own guilt, and decide whether that guilt should still be placed on other people (Answer: Yes.)

In addition, after looking at the financial statements, the museum board believes it is cheaper to run a museum with no exhibits or artifacts. It is a win-win for everybody!

Will you be visiting the Museum of Nothing II? How should the statue of Teddy Roosevelt be disposed of? Please leave your recycling ideas for the peaceful protesters.

Just wait until those ignorant mouth breathers find out about the existence of libraries.

Olga,

the mythical horned rodent has a question.

What is this 'original sin' you speak of? Sin only exists in that past history governed by somebody who created something.

This Kollective is waaay past that primitive thinking. (sic)

Museums are full of examples of people who did something of notable value with that created stuff.

Libraries, too. So, 'pelipsky lauds $$ Haliburton for bringing up that incendiary subject. Even a prized Juggs Magazine Collection will burn at 451F, baby.

So, between destroying every created thing done with pre-created stuff and the more we sin the more we are unaccountable, what's the big deal?

forelock tugging in moral irrelevance,
Jackalopelipsky
Russian Asset
#BR 549

$.$. Halliburton wrote:Just wait until those ignorant mouth breathers find out about the existence of libraries.

I found out that most libraries stock books containing only WHITE pages...

It is beyond me that they have not been burnt to the ground...

Minitrue wrote:I found out that most libraries stock books containing only WHITE pages...
And the black scrawls chaotically cacographed (they call it "printed") on some of those pages, that's obviously just for alibi: Look, look, there is BLACK too! It is such a fraud, all those "books"...

Minitrue wrote:
$.$. Halliburton wrote:Just wait until those ignorant mouth breathers find out about the existence of libraries.

I found out that most libraries stock books containing only WHITE pages...

It is beyond me that they have not been burnt to the ground...
[OFF:]
Actually, most libraries in my state no longer stock many pages at all. First the constant "weeding" of collections left shelves half-empty. Then the recent lockdowns made any remaining books off limits. And now, during the so-called re-opening, only "curbside service" is available in most places, so that you have to know exactly what book you want to order, always assuming that the book hasn't been "weeded" by the time you order it, and you certainly can't shelf-browse to discover a new or otherwise never-read book that might be interesting. As for rereading a book you read last year, forget it. It's probably been weeded out of the system by now. And even before the lockdown, most libraries had pretty much devolved into computer stations, meeting rooms, homework-help sections, and display spaces, with bookshelves (often half-empty) shoved aside to make room for them. In effect, there really aren't many libraries left to burn, at least not in my state.

RedDiaperette wrote: [OFF:]
RedDiaperette - I have a PROG OFF icon just for you!

The libraries they do know about only have books written in the past two decades and are titles which are as indistinguishable to the average person as hieroglyphics.

Marion Dreyfus, our valued contributor and a FORMER supporter and FORMER donor of the American Museum of Natural History, has received an email from the Museum explaining why the statue of Theodore Roosevelt is racist and must be removed. She wrote them back, and copied me on it.

To the Directors of the AMNH:

You are cowards. You are unjustifiable. We former supporters of the AMNH have seen you abdicate thought and responsibility like the pusillanimous milquetoasts you have turned out to be.

Here's an idea: Borrow a spine from some of the more courageous animals in your many dynamic dioramas. Try one on.

Vile as you are, millions of us disagree that kneeling before these Jacobin monsters is the answer. Grover Cleveland was one of our presidents. You can be called Grovel NewYorkCity.

This is not about racial justice. Even you in your dark closets and cellars know that. This is about just destroying for the lark of orgasmic rush that gives these motherless hoodlums the feeling they don't get from a job or a meaningful life. They have destroyed far too much already: Why take down a man who represents the best of the country, was our most popular president, was a multifaceted and even-tempered glory among men, one who was anything but racist.

You have lowered yourselves to the level of submicroscopic scuttling bacteria in this move to obviously preempt the despoiiers and dead-pond scum from attacking the Museum. Margaret Mead would be appalled at your craven cowardice.

No less than your many FORMER supporters and FORMER donors.

For shame, gentlemen. Change your title to Once-American Museum of Unnatural nonhistory. You deserve the cane.

West Sider, despairing

Damn. The wielding of rhetoric is strong with this one. I approve.

Well, that ghastly statue of Washington as a Roman emperor could be removed, but it's enough of a distortion of history that it will probably stay.

The exhibits may be removed and replace with glorious nothing, but the signs banning photography must remain as a reminder to the visitors that they are being watched at all times. It's good for the morale.

Museum_Nothing_Photo.jpg

Red Square wrote:Marion Dreyfus, our valued contributor and a FORMER supporter and FORMER donor of the American Museum of Natural History, has received an email from the Museum explaining why the statue of Theodore Roosevelt is racist and must be removed. She wrote them back, and copied me on it.

To the Directors of the AMNH:

You are cowards. You are unjustifiable. We former supporters of the AMNH have seen you abdicate thought and responsibility like the pusillanimous milquetoasts you have turned out to be.

Here's an idea: Borrow a spine from some of the more courageous animals in your many dynamic dioramas. Try one on.

There's The Red Badge of Courage and then there's The Red's Badge for Cowardice.

Red Square wrote:The exhibits may be removed and replace with glorious nothing, but the signs banning photography must remain as a reminder to the visitors that they are being watched at all times. It's good for the morale.

Museum_Nothing_Photo.jpg
How inspiring it will be when the museum institutes the same curbside service that our glorious book-free libraries have begun. They will carefully deliver armfuls of glorious nothing, perhaps swathed in bubble wrap to protect from harm.

Oh, my very whiskers tingle at what appears to be the imminent arrival of Next Tuesday!™ Forward!

Postcard from (... whaddya think, eh? ...) :

Mystery item No. 1

48442-Museum_Nothing_Photo.jpg
Red Square wrote:The exhibits may be removed and replace with glorious nothing, but the signs banning photography must remain as a reminder to the visitors that they are being watched at all times. It's good for the morale.
RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAACIST!!!!
The Museum is NOW almost entirely [highlight=#c0c0c0]WHITE[/highlight]!!!

48442-Museum_Nothing_Photo.jpg