Famous Quotes Nobody Ever Heard Of

Quotes.jpg

Comrades, we all know of the famous, and infamous, utterings of our past, present and, possibly, future leaders. What we rarely are made aware of are those words of wisdom uttered by the less elevated by the propaganda machine. Comrades, this is your opportunity for a redress of grievances, because we all know redressing a pig and putting lipstick on it makes it taste better. Comrades, add your quotes to the list of forgotten or ignored wisdom from yourselves or your heroes or both.

I will start.

I'm not rich enough to be able to pay for my opinion, so you get it for free. It's more fun that way. I don't feel like I owe you anything.

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt.

A wise man once said nothing.

It's the ultimate famous quote that no one has ever heard.

If a quote falls on deaf ears did anyone actually say anything?

Whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him thine right hand with forearm outward. Then thrust thy left fist into the solar plexus, and follow with thine right elbow unto the jaw. Proceedeth thereafter as the situation requireth.

-- The People’s Cube Bible, wisdom-free edition

"Whether a glass is half empty or half full depends on whether you're emptying it or filling it."
—Colonel Sasha Obyezyana

How do you know you don’t know, if you don’t know, you don’t know?

jackalopelipsky

RE: How do you know you don’t know, if you don’t know, you don’t know?

Reminds me of the famous Donald Rumsfeld Quote:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tends to be the difficult ones."

I always said that when I start my consulting company I'm going to call it "Rumsfeld Associates" with the slogan, "When you don't know what you don't know, call us"*

*We don't know, either, but if you pay us we'll tell you we don't know, ya know?

Red Zeppelin wrote:
1/24/2024, 1:29 pm

I always said that when I start my consulting company I'm going to call it "Rumsfeld Associates" with the slogan, "When you don't know what you don't know, call us"*

*We don't know, either, but if you pay us we'll tell you we don't know, ya know?
"You know that I know that you know that I know."
—Ralph Cramden

Red Square wrote:
1/24/2024, 2:45 pm
Whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him thine right hand with forearm outward. Then thrust thy left fist into the solar plexus, and follow with thine right elbow unto the jaw. Proceedeth thereafter as the situation requireth.

-- The People’s Cube Bible, wisdom-free edition
That's my favorite passage! I sometimes recite it out loud before I smite my enemy with great vengeance and furious anger.

Or sometimes this:

"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. 'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you.' "
—Jules Winnfield

Red Square wrote:
1/24/2024, 2:07 pm
Once, a very wise man said nothing.

It's the ultimate famous quote that nobody ever heard.

Silence can, often, be wisdom but silent wisdom would make the late nights in Tractor Barn #2 rather dreary.

If you see something, say something Party™ approved.

Anonymous Comissar.

Red Zeppelin wrote:
1/24/2024, 1:29 pm

Reminds me of the famous Donald Rumsfeld Quote:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tends to be the difficult ones."

I'm Not Sure What You Don't Know Universal Solutions Inc.

I love this business model: We don't know what you don't know but if you tell us what you're not sure you don't know, for a significant service fee, we can analyze, study and write a ground breaking report that informs you that it's unknowable what you don't know. And the report will be considered credible research. It's a PR gold mine!

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
1/24/2024, 5:18 am
"Whether a glass is half empty or half full depends on whether you're emptying it or filling it."
—Colonel Sasha Obyezyana

Or whether or not one thinks they have an amorous chance....

A little more wine, my dear?

Jose Everyman

jackalopelipsky wrote:
1/24/2024, 6:44 am
How do you know you don’t know, if you don’t know, you don’t know?

jackalopelipsky

I dunno.

Since the Collective enjoyed Jackalopelipsky’s unknown quote about knowing nothing, here’s another unknown quote from the jackalope.

“Be sure to pencil in “catastrophe” on your Day Planner every now and then, you might be prepared.”

I have no hesitation in saying that I have no comment, and you can quote me that this is strictly off the record.

Most Equally Esteemed Comrades,

As a simple fish, I don't possess the imagination to present a famous quote no one ever heard of.  As a substitute I will submit a quote that I have found powerful.  I pre-denounce myself as this quote causes our woke Party™ members to become bat shit crazy upset to the point of rioting.  (Unless there is someone there who would resist with force, then the result is sniveling and pouting.) 

From one of the greatest philosophers of all time:

"You can dress it up anyway you like.  It's still just another man's a$$hole."

Sam Kinison

Respectfully submitted to the Current Truth™,

Red Salmon

I always agree with whatever people say because otherwise they'll keep talking.

(I may have heard it somewhere though, possibly from a voice in my head)

"Buy one Palestine, get the second one free."

- Comrade Snuggle Bunny

RE: Comrades Red Salmon and Sam Kinison

Reminds me of a Doctor Phil* quote my sister-in-law has on her wall:

"You can put feathers on a squirrel, but that don't make it a chicken."

Remarkably relevant these days.

*An actual DOCTOR (From Texistan, no less), unlike the "Dr. Jill" Whoopie Goldberg wants as our Sturgeon General. That sounded kinda fishy to me.

I have another quote that is possibly even better at starting fights.

"God is an American."

David Bowie

It is from the song: I'm Afraid Of Americans

Red Salmon

jackalopelipsky wrote:
1/25/2024, 11:10 am
Since the Collective enjoyed Jackalopelipsky’s unknown quote about knowing nothing, here’s another unknown quote from the jackalope.

“Be sure to pencil in “catastrophe” on your Day Planner every now and then, you might be prepared.”

Apparently, I'm prepared. Every day is a catastrophe, for me. It's profitable but one cannot deny the consequences.

Red Square wrote:
1/25/2024, 3:16 pm
I always agree with whatever people say because otherwise they'll keep talking.

(I may have heard it somewhere though, possibly from a voice in my head)
You'd do well in my current employment as a taxi driver.

Red Zeppelin wrote:
1/25/2024, 4:43 pm
RE: Comrades Red Salmon and Sam Kinison

Reminds me of a Doctor Phil* quote my sister-in-law has on her wall:

Remarkably relevant these days.

*An actual DOCTOR (From Texistan, no less), unlike the "Dr. Jill" Whoopie Goldberg wants as our Sturgeon General. That sounded kinda fishy to me.
There's a couple of sturgeons in a pool at a fish hatchery about a 20 min walk from here. I've seen no indication that they have any desire to appoint a general to mount a campaign against the enemy. Sturgeon Generals are not very reliable. Ask the Russians about that.

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:
1/26/2024, 2:35 am
jackalopelipsky wrote:

Apparently, I'm prepared. Every day is a catastrophe, for me. It's profitable but one cannot deny the consequences.

This is good Gulag attitude, comrade. Once you get past that everything is dangerous catastrophe, life in gulag is virtually pain free wonderful.

Red Zeppelin wrote:
1/25/2024, 4:43 pm

That doesn't matter if it tastes like chicken.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
1/26/2024, 1:36 pm
jackalopelipsky wrote:

This is good Gulag attitude, comrade. Once you get past that everything is dangerous catastrophe, life in gulag is virtually pain free wonderful.
This is, of course, true, comrade and very wise words. Once one accepts one's fate, the rest is simply a matter process. Eventually, one will realize the alleviation of their circumstance will arise and can be assured that their bodies will be burned respectfully and their ashes will be utilized to ensure the continuation of The Party™ and maintenance of the beet fields.

1/26/2024, 5:49 pm
jackalopelipsky wrote:
1/26/2024, 1:36 pm
jackalopelipsky wrote:

This is, of course, true, comrade and very wise words. Once one accepts one's fate, the rest is simply a matter process. Eventually, one will realize the alleviation of their circumstance will arise and can be assured that their bodies will be burned respectfully and their ashes will be utilized to ensure the continuation of The Party™ and maintenance of the beet fields.

Like Soviet’s Road of Bones to Kolyma, the USSA has its own Road of Bones to the beet fields.

Margaret wrote:
1/24/2024, 2:17 pm
If a quote falls on deaf ears did anyone actually say anything?

If a tree falls in the forest and, in space, nobody can hear you scream, what difference, at this point, does it make?

Various people and cultures.

Red Salmon wrote:
1/25/2024, 6:12 pm

I have another quote that is possibly even better at starting fights.

"God is an American."

David Bowie

It is from the song: I'm Afraid Of Americans

Red Salmon

Because freedom is all about choosing with whom and when to start a fight and the righty-ho anger is always justice.

If you lie to yourself then you lie to everyone. You have only one career path that will be profitable: politician.

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt.

1/27/2024, 10:43 am
If a tree falls in the forest and, in space, nobody can hear you scream, what difference, at this point, does it make?
A shorter version packs more punch:

If nobody can hear you scream, what difference, at this point, does it make?

Red Square wrote:
1/27/2024, 12:33 pm
1/27/2024, 10:43 am
A shorter version packs more punch:

I'll take that quote to my grave. I want that engraved on my grave stone.

Most Equally Esteemed Marsupial Comrade,
1/27/2024, 11:37 am

Because freedom is all about choosing with whom and when to start a fight and the righty-ho anger is always justice.
There are some folks who desperately need a lesson in manners.  Usually the self described "tolerant" class. 

Red Salmon

Red Salmon wrote:
1/27/2024, 1:30 pm

There are some folks who desperately need a lesson in manners.  Usually the self described "tolerant" class. 

Red Salmon

I think you misunderstand my perspective, comrade. I'm not opposed to educating the uninitiated as to how stupid it is to attack the US military. I'm simply making comment on how inept our politicians are.

Red Square wrote:
1/27/2024, 12:33 pm

Case in point:

Margaret wrote:
1/27/2024, 3:32 pm
There is no humanity in Sharia Law.

It's disturbing to say but that IS a display of humanity. A messed up display but a display, none the less. Not all cultures are equal.

1/27/2024, 1:42 pm
I think you misunderstand my perspective, comrade. I'm not opposed to educating the uninitiated as to how stupid it is to attack the US military. I'm simply making comment on how inept our politicians are.

Sorry I misinterpreted your most illuminating comment.  I have had many tell me that I should not provoke the Woke.  When I point out the oppressive aims of the Woke they still insist we are not in a fight for survival.  I'm fairly certain things have progressed to the existential level.  I have been a survivor for way too long to give up now. 

I'm glad you clarified.  Makes much more sense now.

Red Salmon 

Red Salmon wrote:

Red Salmon

Attack on US military was the 3rd and most wounding Alinsky attack to ‘pelipsky’s soul back in 1994. At first, ‘pelipsky viewed it as complete insanity. The heartache began when the breach of manners was defended. That revelation meant no one involved possessed common sense. Alinsky proscribed making the attack personal, because people break faster than any institution—like family, hence the 3rd personhood of the jackalope, a mythical critter of no worth or value.

Sometimes grief and sorrow is so prevalent in this critter’s vision the heart sinks into despair, the jackalope must remind itself it is a created critter loved by God.

The results of living in an environment where lack of manners is perfectly acceptable, and ‘pelipsky is an ass for thinking otherwise, is on view in the destruction of Texas.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
1/28/2024, 5:44 am
Red Salmon wrote:

Red Salmon

Attack on US military was the 3rd and most wounding Alinsky attack to ‘pelipsky’s soul back in 1994. At first, ‘pelipsky viewed it as complete insanity. The heartache began when the breach of manners was defended. That revelation meant no one involved possessed common sense. Alinsky proscribed making the attack personal, because people break faster than any institution—like family, hence the 3rd personhood of the jackalope, a mythical critter of no worth or value.

Sometimes grief and sorrow is so prevalent in this critter’s vision the heart sinks into despair, the jackalope must remind itself it is a created critter loved by God.

The results of living in an environment where lack of manners is perfectly acceptable, and ‘pelipsky is an ass for thinking otherwise, is on view in the destruction of Texas.
You're getting a little dark. there, Miss Jackie. It's never as bad as you imagine and forces are mounting to defend the honor of Texas. This war of destruction against the freedom of The United States of America will not be lost by those who seek freedom. We have never lost our right to be free and never will. We have a right to decide who will be our friends. That's what The Party™ despises.

Thanks, Kapitain Kangaroo Kourt, for that skin bracer slap. You must have trained under General Patton. When our ration cards arrive, and Tractor Barn #2 is operating late-night, we can try a new libation The Beet vodka Slap. Beet sugar rim, with beet leaf bitters, beet vodka, effervescent beet beer, over crushed ice. We can work out the recipe through test tasting.

Yes! It’s like The A Team has organized a convoy.

The A-Team from the 1970’s fixed some unrighteous scripts.

In Texazistan, the duel is re-educating itself. Which is a different tune from Deguello, that ZZ Topp performed live in the basement of The Alamo. The Impeach Paxton Republicans are taking defending their honor, seriouly.

When our Party Ration Cards come in, and Tractor Barn #2 is pulling a night-shift…+ comrade…

I'm not waving the white flag. The Australian coat of arms features two animals that can never go backwards: the emu and the kangaroo. Surrender is not an option.

To quote the former president of Harvard (the university), "Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

jackalopelipsky wrote:

Too subtle?

AbecedariusRex wrote:
1/28/2024, 3:23 pm
To quote the former president of Harvard (the university), "Nothing is true; everything is permitted"
WTF does  that have to do with anything?

1/28/2024, 5:21 pm
AbecedariusRex wrote:

Comrade AbecedariusRex is plagiarizing the former President of Harvard’s ideas. Comrade AbecedariusRex knows WTF is going on and then spreading it. We should either be wary, or have this quote plastered on Red Times Square for TPC advertising. Plagiarism is how things get done by Next Tuesday.

We should embrace such abilities!

That KKK beet slap was just what ‘pelipsky needed.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
1/28/2024, 8:59 pm
AbecedariusRex wrote:

Comrade AbecedariusRex is plagiarizing the former President of Harvard’s ideas. Comrade AbecedariusRex knows WTF is going on and then spreading it. We should either be wary, or have this quote plastered on Red Times Square for TPC advertising. Plagiarism is how things get done by Next Tuesday.

Plagiarism got me a degree. I even plagiarized myself. That's the best form of plagiarism. Nobody can question you about it.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
1/28/2024, 8:59 pm
AbecedariusRex wrote:

Good artists borrow. Great artists steal.

Anon

AbecedariusRex wrote:
BTW, I'm not being  critical. That was a subtle joke.

Red Square wrote:
1/25/2024, 3:28 pm
"Buy one Palestine, get the second one free."

- Comrade Snuggle Bunny
Yes. But the 2nd one comes with caveats and is not exactly free.

Red Salmon wrote:
1/28/2024, 12:25 am

Sorry I misinterpreted your most illuminating comment.  I have had many tell me that I should not provoke the Woke.  When I point out the oppressive aims of the Woke they still insist we are not in a fight for survival.  I'm fairly certain things have progressed to the existential level.  I have been a survivor for way too long to give up now. 

I'm glad you clarified.  Makes much more sense now.

Red Salmon 

The "Woke" will be very awakened when they learn their lessons; I have a degree in Fine Art. I can be very creative in the lessons I gift. 

I'm late to this importance.....

"If you end up in the gulag, don't call me!"

~Father~
Vladimir Ritz  
circa 1988

The cumulative effects of sleep disorders include an increased risk of hypertension, diabetes, obesity, depression, heart attack, and stroke. No wonder many of the wokest are obese, depressed, and hypertense. It's time someone said it:

Put the woke back to sleep!

Red Square wrote:
2/7/2024, 7:58 pm
Put the woke back to sleep!

THAT is a headline looking for an article. I'd write it, if you wouldn't mind me borrowing the headline. I'm not sure when I'd have the time to write it, though, so it may be a moot point.

Please, write an article with this headline. We'll find an extra page or two in this publication for it, and maybe the comrades down at the Visual Agitation won't mind illustrating it with an appropriate poster.

"Life is like a sewer - you get out of it what you put into it."

Tom Lehrer

My favorite quote of all time...

Red Square wrote:
2/8/2024, 12:52 am
Please, write an article with this headline. We'll find an extra page or two in this publication for it, and maybe the comrades down at the Visual Agitation won't mind illustrating it with an appropriate poster.

By your command, Comrade Director. This will take a little thought and research, since it's been commissioned. It will be a little different from my more spontaneous expressions. It may take some time before I post it.

It's not a crash until you hit the ground. Up until that point, it's flight.

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt

Important safety tip, comrades.

Find the torture you are comfortable with and you will do well.

Jerry Seinfeld.

Communism didn't fail.  It just didn't kill enough disobedient people.  

“Suppose everyone felt that way."..."Then, I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?"
Paraphrased from Yossarian, ‘Catch -22’

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

- George Carlin