Obamacare Art Appreciation Lesson #1: What's Art?

[img]/images/Art_Appreciation_Lesson.jpg[/img]

Marking the third anniversary of Obamacare's passage, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said the health care law fulfills the promises of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness by liberating workers from their place of employment and allowing them to pursue careers in the arts. "And just think that you could be a photographer or writer," Pelosi said.

Pelosi often has praised Obamacare in this way, saying it enables Americans to quit their jobs and become artists.

[img]/images/Obamacare_Poster_Artist_Quit_Job2.jpg[/img]

“We see it as an entrepreneurial bill,” Pelosi said in May 2010. “A bill that says to someone, if you want to be creative and be a musician or whatever, you can leave your work, focus on your talent, your skill, your passion, your aspirations because you will have health care.”

Last year, while marking the second anniversary of the health care law, Pelosi used a similar line, saying Obamacare allows you to quit your job and become “whatever.”

We made the above visual aid for a new government program helping workers who have lost their jobs due to Obamacare, in their transitioning from shovels to paintbrushes.

Federally subsidized Art Appreciation courses to follow.

[img]/images/Obamacare_Poster_Artist_Tattoo.jpg[/img]

And on a different note:

[img]/images/Obamacare_Poster_Artist_Tattoo_2.jpg[/img]

Special thanks to Tovarichi, Red Walrus, Snoogie, and other comrades for the visual ideas.

Comrades,

Everyone needs a hobby. Remember; "Chimp does not live by bread alone."

Early Works.jpg

Congo Paints.jpg

Pelosi often has praised Obamacare in this way, saying it enables Americans to quit their jobs and become artists.

SO TRUE!!!

And here is an artist that will be needing all of the Obamacare he can possibly get his hands on to use, after he has finished his work and then shows it to his client.

obama care.jpg

Mo better art - The Cone of Silence
I can't hear anything... I can't say anything!

mo-better-art.jpg

Images I used

Comrade Director, as you know, I have no artistic talent whatsoever. I thus feel deprived and underprivileged as obviously persons such as Snoogie Woogums and, for that matter, your most immaculate self, have far more ability in these matters. What I'm getting at is that I think you owe me something, in the same way that a doctor with a talent for medicine owes me healthcare and peope with a talent for holding jobs owe me rent and groceries. I could use a car and a gas card to go along with my Obamaphone....

Comrade Brain, you are experiencing ArtLock™. This dreaded condition is often encountered in parallel universes to ours, where there is no Obamacare and people without artistic talent are set free by becoming gainfully employed. Frequently, they are able to "enjoy" the alleged "fruits of their labors", not realizing that - just a universe away - there are millions of people who have been freed from JobLock™ and now experience the joy of living in their parents' basements at the age of 47, creating glorious art every day!

Tell me, O wise R.O.C.K., do these parallel universe cellar dwellers wear twink onesies and drink hot cocoa while practicing their smug "I just dropped a deuce in my undies" look?

One man's PhotoShop-Agit-Prop-Art can be a President's idea of criminal speech.

--KOOK

Federally subsidized Art Appreciation courses to follow.

Wherein one learns that Art is a politically pleasing blend of metaphors, imagery, and emotional attachments for the purpose of conveying the urgency of struggle. Inspirational art is the handmaiden of the State.

Ivan Betinov wrote:Comrade Director, as you know, I have no artistic talent whatsoever. I thus feel deprived and underprivileged as obviously persons such as Snoogie Woogums and, for that matter, your most immaculate self, have far more ability in these matters. What I'm getting at is that I think you owe me something, in the same way that a doctor with a talent for medicine owes me healthcare and peope with a talent for holding jobs owe me rent and groceries. I could use a car and a gas card to go along with my Obamaphone....

Comrade Brain in Jar,

You are not "deprived and underprivileged." You are "artistically challenged." The so called "talented" did not make the art they display. They pilfered it from others, thus creating the "artistically challenged class" of which you are now a member. Arise, Brain in Jar, and take back what is rightfully yours. Prepare yourself to join the March for Artistic Justice!

Brain Fitness.png

Commodore Snoogie Woogums wrote:And here is an artist that will be needing all of the Obamacare he can possibly get his hands on to use, after he has finished his work and then shows it to his client.
And that's just another Obamacare promotion poster asking to be made!

[img]/images/Obamacare_Poster_Artist_Tattoo.jpg[/img]

Ivan Betinov wrote:Tell me, O wise R.O.C.K., do these parallel universe cellar dwellers wear twink onesies and drink hot cocoa while practicing their smug "I just dropped a deuce in my undies" look?
Sadly, Comrade Brain In Jar, in that universe it is considered "good" to wear work-appropriate clothing, whether that might be an Armani or Brooks Brothers suit or a light blue work shirt with jeans. People who dress in twink onesies are - shockingly - ridiculed, unlike in our universe where that is considered the new norm.

And another one:

[img]/images/Obamacare_Poster_Artist_Tattoo_2.jpg[/img]

Hooray!

After viewing these Truly Inspiring Tattoo Artists at work, My our Entire Kollecktiv has voted (UNANIMOUSLY!) to underwrite my New! Professional! Training at The Peoples Glorious Heroic Revolutionary Tattoo University!

Naturally, I was chosen due to the fact that I was charged with tattooing the Official Glorious Peoples Heroic Democratic Registration Number on the arms of all of my our incoming Kollecktivist Kamerads. And after that duty, most of these proles also want an additional Back-Tattoo - and dare I say, "Tramp-Stamp"? - for further identification of the body decoration!

So now it's off to Tattoo School for Me your Humble Commissar!

Comrades,

Here is a brief little cheat sheet. Short enough to print on a little card and carry with you to the Art Museum so you need not embarrass yourself:

If it depicts homoerotica, sadomasochism or bestiality, it is art.

If it is sacrilegious, esp. to the Roman Catholic faith, it is art.

If it depicts the abject human misery of daily life in Amerikkka for the non-white, the poor, womyn, gays, homeless, workers, etc. etc. ad infinitum, ad nauseum -- it is art.

If it depicts happy families or a beautiful Amerikkka, it is NOT art.

If it offends Islam, or The Prophet, in any way, even unintentionally -- it is NOT art.

If it depicts heterosexual [spit] couples [spit, spit] in love, it is NOT art. Unless their genitalia are lovingly depicted in exquisite detail.

Last, if it depicts G.W. Bush as a chimp, it is Art. If it depicts B.H. Obama as a chimp, it is racist trash and those responsible need to die. And you need to go to re-education camp just for looking at it.

I think the ads would be more accessible to the patriotic worker if placed inside the matchbook covers that are furnished with their gasoline, rags and bottles.

Taken from a speech given at an (offline) college to promote Free Everything, leader Obama teaches lesson in art snobbery.