My Dream for Comrade Nanski Peloski's Back Yard

POLL: Should Marin County California be covered in wind turbines?

You may select 1 option

This is Comrade Nanski Peloski.

I believe in Nanski's dream of clean renewable energy for everyone, don't you? I hope so. However, it's going to take a lot of land, I mean, a lot of land, I mean, covering every square inch possible with wind turbines, and solar panel farms, which in my opinion only make the environment even more beautiful. Just look at how beautiful I made the neighborhood above, decorating it with wind turbines.

I made it for Comrade Nanski, and for all of the people who voted for her. It is of a neighborhood in her district. I would venture to say that most of the people who live in the houses pictured above voted for Comrade Peloski, because they believe in her and her dream for Amerika. I thought they might like to see what their neighborhood would look like covered with wind turbines. If you know anyone who lives in Marin County, please let them know. I just know they are going to agree with me, that I made a beautiful neighborhood, even prettier.

I hope they don't mind cleaning up dead birds. A windmill farm in Altamont Pass, California has killed over 30,000 birds, including many Bald Eagles. But that's okay. I'm sure Comrade Nanski and those who live in her district believe that the end justifies the means.

Leninka, that's a wonderful idea. And Comradette Nanski could use one of the turbines to do her hair--someone said that Joan Collins styled her hair with an egg beater, and this could only be an improvement.

But what happens if the wind doesn't blow? Then they won't have power to sell to the grid. Which means that their outrageously large modest incomes will be affected. Do you think that Comradette Nansky should have a Wind Turbine In My Backyard Relief Program? Say $1,000 for every minute that the wind doesn't blow?

But what happens if the wind doesn't blow? Then they won't have power to sell to the grid.

Commissar Theocritus, the obvious answer is to use power from the grid to make the blades turn. This will, in effect, make the proles believe that the government can create energy using wind-based turbines on windless days! Since the blades will always be turning, the proles will be amazed at how glorious green energy really is.

If a few Bald Eagles get killed, all the better. The world loses some more symbols of American Freedom. Of course, in public, we shed tears when we hear of the dead birds. The masses must believe that we are sincere in our empathy. It will allow us to spend more of their money to make the turbines "bird safe."

I recommend we add this as an addendum to the current five year plan.

Personally, I believe they do this anyway. Just to make wind farms look productive.

Also, I used to live in Marin County. With the liberal attitude there, it wasn't called Moron County for nothing. And don't forget that Ma'am Boxer started her California political career as a county supervisor when she lived there.

Stalin for Time wrote: Commissar Theocritus, the obvious answer is to use power from the grid to make the blades turn. This will, in effect, make the proles believe that the government can create energy using wind-based turbines on windless days! Since the blades will always be turning, the proles will be amazed at how glorious green energy really is.

This is an excellent idea! I think we should import nuclear power from our Iranian friends for this purpose (I hear they are developing a top-notch nuclear energy program there!) That way we don't have to burn dirty coal or oil or gas to make our green power!

And a side benefit of this gigantic wind farm for Nanski; if her slice of California ever does split off from the rest of the continent, she and her constituents can use the gigantic fans to sail west to North Korea and at least find the utopia they seek! Glorious!

Opiate, do you think that North Korea is prepared for Nansky? After all, she'd get visits from Dear O'Leader, who might displease Dear Leader. And with Nanski wandering around with her mouth open...

Stalin for Time, what a wonderful idea that you have. I just realized that it's what happens with soe many legislative progressives. Dear Teddy K didn't have a brain in his head so that means that other brains were used to make it look like he had one. This is a form of recycling Jiffi-Lobo.

And Nanski and Barbara Boxer. And Sheila Jackson Lee. That dear progressive is so goddamned stupid that someone somewhere loses his ability to balance his checkbook just to keep her breathing.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Leninka, that's a wonderful idea. And Comradette Nanski could use one of the turbines to do her hair--someone said that Joan Collins styled her hair with an egg beater, and this could only be an improvement.

But what happens if the wind doesn't blow? Then they won't have power to sell to the grid. Which means that their outrageously large modest incomes will be affected. Do you think that Comradette Nansky should have a Wind Turbine In My Backyard Relief Program? Say $1,000 for every minute that the wind doesn't blow?

Comrade Theocritus,

Now I know Comrades Boxer and Peloski already have reasons to feel good about themselves, but these windmills would truly make them feel superior, and a relief program for when the wind doesn't blow would elevate their compassion barometer, and this of course could be used to offset any flatulence tax Marin County residents might one day pay for all the organic tofu, nuts, and vegetables in their diet.

Stalin for Time wrote: Commissar Theocritus, the obvious answer is to usepower from the grid to make the blades turn. This will, in effect,make the proles believe that the government can create energy usingwind-based turbines on windless days! Since the blades will always beturning, the proles will be amazed at how glorious green energy reallyis.

If a few Bald Eagles get killed, all the better. The world loses some more symbols of American Freedom. Of course, in public,we shed tears when we hear of the dead birds. The masses must believethat we are sincere in our empathy. It will allow us to spend more oftheir money to make the turbines "bird safe."

I recommend we add this as an addendum to the current five year plan.

Comrade Stalin,

Those are some excellent ideas you came up with. You ought to be made Commissar of
Alternate Reality.

Opiate of the People wrote: This is an excellent idea! I think we shouldimport nuclear power from our Iranian friends for this purpose (I hearthey are developing a top-notch nuclear energy program there!) Thatway we don't have to burn dirty coal or oil or gas to make our greenpower!

And a side benefit of this gigantic wind farm for Nanski; if herslice of California ever does split off from the rest of the continent,she and her constituents can use the gigantic fans to sail west toNorth Korea and at least find the utopia they seek! Glorious!

Comrade Opiate,

You know, the sailing off to North Korea idea really isn't so far fetched. She sailed off to Syria, one of North Korea's friends. And I bet she's jealous now of Comrade Billy Bubba who got to go just a few months ago. Let's just hope she's careful. You know how they sometimes treat visitors in Korea.

You're right, Leninka, about treating visitors in North Korea. I hear that those visitors were put up in nice surroundings, not the normal jail for simple proles. I was inflamed when I heard that because a jail cell for a North Korean should be good enough for any old American. And were they fed long pig? There are butcher shops in North Korea which sell long pig because there's no other pig around.

But then I found that those reporters were working for the Goracle (PBUH), and so they were worthy of the best.

Comrades,

Could we not add a gulag or two, too? Our comrades at the Washington Post have an inspiring progressive article on how produce political prisoners, and production is up. In Venezuela, charging people as CIA collaborators works well. Just think how much better it would work here where large numbers of CIA agents are publicly employed and known, let alone those under cover!

The gulags' guests could be re-trained (and we know how effective and important that is in the national budget) to maintain the windmills, thus further improving their cost-competitiveness. The gulag guests could also be fed with the shredded bits of turbine-refined birds, LSD-addled hippies, and EarthFirst!ers (eggs do have to be broken), thus further reducing costs.

Comrade Tovarich,

Yes. A gulag is a good idea. For whenever the wind stops blowing, there ought to be poles sticking out at the base of each windmill so that residents of the gulag can snap to it and push those poles around to get the wind turbines going again. As Babs and Nanski both have 1500-1800 watt blown dry hair-dos, as I bet most of those Marin county divorcees do, a gulag work force is a must.

A word from Mr. Ed:

Leninka's hair is so out of date that she is over 50 years behind the times. She perms her hair and uses a 14 watt comb-style curling iron. And with her spray-helmet, it keeps her hair styled enough that she only has to wash and set her hair every other day. So she uses a shower cap, and requires less water, less shampoo, and less electricity, which means that her carbon footprint (verses the women of Marin County) is less that 1/40th of theirs when it comes to hair styling. Leninka also has a fetesh for hair curlers.

That's enough of my personal hygeine secrets Mr. Ed.

Tovarich, we only need to look to the feds prosecuting Senator Ted Stevens, who withheld exculpatory evidence from the defense. That's in Prosecution 101. The judge was furious. But when you have good prog prosecutors, why cripple them with adherence to the law?

And Leninka, I have you beat. Every three or four days I spent five minutes running a $20 Wahl hair trimmer, at its closest setting, over my head.

And I never bathe. The cats Calvin and Hobbes don't mind the smell. Although my sheets and towels do get stiff after a while. I smell like a good prog.

There is a college near my home, a wind generator stands on it's property. In all the years I've driven past it, even on the windiest of days, I have yet to see the blades turning. I can only imagine how much energy it's saving the college.

It stands as a silent totem, a glorious homage to the wisdom of renewable green energy.

Theocritus, it sounds like we could end our dependence on foreign oil if you'd just wring out your pillow cases.

At the start of every Winter I don my poly-pro long underwear. In the Spring I peel them off and stew them in hot water to make a hearty broth. Yum!

Comrade Whoopie wrote:At the start of every Winter I don my poly-pro long underwear. In the Spring I peel them off and stew them in hot water to make a hearty broth. Yum!

I smell a new book coming out: "Dreamy Recipes From My Father's Gulag" by Bill "Bomber" Ayers President Barack Obama. A tasty way to keep your revolutionary spirits up while waiting for the stimulus to kick in.

Comrade Theocritus,

In reference to you running the Wahl hair clipper over your dome every other day -- all the the better for those special occasions when Bruno entices you to don a wig.

Comrades Whoopie et al,

Here's an oldie but a goodie.

To the tune of the "Battle Hymn of the Republic"

I wear my flannel nighties in the summer when it's hot,
I wear my flannel nighties in the winter when it's not,
And sometimes in the Spring,
And sometimes in the Fall,
I jump between the sheets,
With nothing on at all.

Glory, glory,
What's it to ya,
Glory, glory,
What's it to ya,
Sometimes in the Springs,
And sometimes in the Fall,
I jump between the sheets
With nothing on at all.

I'm quite fond of old fashioned windmills, myself, and there is a place for the technology, I'm just afraid that wind turbine farms will eventually lead to massive land thievery through eminent domain, which is going to be another sneaky way to nationalize more land.

Whoopie, I am not sure if it is most equal or unequal to brag about how seldom you wash. It's probably a good thing. I know that Our Many Titted Empress, while First Lady of Arkansas in 1980, got are reputation for being less than fresh as a daisy. I'm told that people were sickened to be in the room with her. A lack of feminine hygiene products.

And I've seen a picture of Our MTE and Slick in a post card of that area. She was wearing a brocaded tapestry which set off her thick glasses perfectly.

This is what makes her the most suitable person to be in charge of the State Department, showing the world korrect hygiene practices for saving the planet. Actually, she might be well suited to being a Water Conservation Czar, and how to extract body oil to reuse in healthful meals.

Mmmmm, the smell of two-week old musk combined with the stench of purloined cash. Undoubtedly an irresistable fragrance to those bitter clinging proles of Arkansas, a political phermone as it were. No wonder they won so easily.

Comrade Whoopie,

An unmoving windmill is a monument to correct thought; a moving windmill is a monument to correct thought in action.

Comrade Tovarich,

Perhaps you should try rolling in filthy lucre then. I think you could get some stimulus money for starting a business providing such niche (yourself) health care; moreover, it could serve as an example of what health reform is all about. Filthy lucre seems to keep certain smells off and builds bridges between many important people. It also conserves water and soap that would otherwise be used in such situations.

Yes Comrades, aren't the wind farms gloriously gorgeous? I'm sure Comrade Peloski will eagerly embrace them in her own backyard!

From glorious propaganda site:

https://www.seco.cpa.state.tx.us/re_wind.htm

The Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center in Texas remains the largest wind farm in the world with a total capacity of 735 megawatts (MW) spread across approximately 47,000 acres in Taylor and Nolan counties near Abilene in west central Texas.

-ahhh, 47000 acres of wind farm to produce 735 MW total. Seems reasonable doesn't it?

The wind plant consists of 291 1.5-MW wind turbines from General Electric and 130 2.3-MW wind turbines from Siemens.

One MW is enough electricity to serve 250 to 300 homes on average each day.

Roping the Texas Breezes

"Sound economic principles are driving wind energy development in Texas. The fact that wind energy is clean, reliable and inexhaustible is icing on the cake." Jerry Patterson, Texas General Land Office Commissioner

Immense wind turbines are becoming a familiar sight, silhouetted against Texas skies. Wind power development in Texas has more than quadrupled since the Renewable Portfolio Standard was established in 1999. Wind resource areas in the Texas Panhandle, along the Gulf Coast south of Galveston, and in the mountain passes and ridge tops of the Trans-Pecos offer Texas some of the greatest wind power potential in the United States, with consistently high wind speeds capable of sustaining a productive wind farm. Currently there are over 2,000 wind turbines in West Texas alone, most of them on land leased from farmers and ranchers. Most of the new wind capacity added in the last two years has been in the Abilene-Sweetwater area.

Blah blah..

Comrade Turboski,

All the more land to nationalize, when the opportunity presents itself, for the greater good, of course.

Image I've driven by these wind farms, nearly all of them, more than once and I have to admit that they are dramatic, picturesque, and a welcome relief to the excruciating boredom of the Taylor County (Abilene) countryside. And if the ranchers get money from them, it's a win/win.

Except that I don't think that they're profitable without government intervention and subsidy. Same with solar farms, which have (I cannot believe this) <i>five year</i> depreciation for the investors. Which means that the poor taxpayer is taking it up the Osama. And there's the problem of transmission of power from the wilds of West Texas--Loving County (Mentone) is flat, desolate and has high winds. But they only recently (this year) got potable water. Does government pay for the transmission lines?

Also, what happens when the wind doesn't blow? Earth to moonbats: at night in the desert the wind generally dies down. And some days it doesn't blow much at all.

Frankly I've taken some lovely pictures of wind farms, the turbines silhouetted against the sky and/or the sunset. Especially in Crane and Upton Counties, which have them on hills. But I'm completely opposed to tax breaks for them.

Or for anything else.

And by the way, the General Land Office has a history of rolling over for anything. Anything. ANYTHING. I would suggest that anything could be a big entertainment budget but that would be suggestive, wouldn't it?

[Note to non-Texans: the General Land Office has control of state land and mineral-classified lands, which are lands in which individuals own the surface but the state the minerals, and the oil and gas royalties are split. The Railroad Commission (yes, that's right) controls the permits for the drilling of oil and gas. Those two bodies in general control state land usage.]

The guide here for traditional silicon solar to pay for itself is 20 years, which is about how long the warranty lasts. Granted, fuel prices could shoot up, newer solar cells with greater efficiency appear but they tend not to be easily mass-produced. I'd love solar to work cost effectively, but it usually doesn't.

Even in West Texas the sun doesn't shine all the time. Like at night.

Or like right now, when there is 100% cloud cover and it's 60% and the forecast is rain.

In a desert which gets less than 10" a year.

We had 40 straight days of rain three summers ago.

Don Quixote saw windmills and thought they were evil giants to be fought.

I don't think the windmills are evil giants, but when they become pawns in the hands of the Nanskies and the Babs, who say they are clean energy and environmentally friendly, on the one hand, and when Patrick Kennedy and Uncle Swimmer said: "Not in my backyard," on the other, this shows yet another way that progs often contradict their own ideas, like when they kept talking about how we needed to pull out of Iraq and "redeploy" troops to Afghanistan, and now they are balking at any idea of "redeploying."

To give such polemic ninnies control over anything places all of us in peril.

They're all posturing. I find it amusing that T. Boon Pickens, a major loudmouth who never does anything for anyone but himself, found out that windmills aren't profitable and wants to sell his. Which I can only interpret as his not getting enough OPM.

I have no love for Macroshaft but I will give them this: they made their own money. And although Gates never invented anything, stole or bought it, he is handling the money pretty damned well.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Even in West Texas the sun doesn't shine all the time. Like at night.

Texas: It's like a whole 'nother country!

I think Los Alamos has produced experimental solar cells with 17% efficiency, but they're very costly. My view is that every little bit helps. If I had, for example, a farm at a more southern latitude where I get more daylight throughout the year, better batteries to store, a windmill, and a pit to ferment bio waste to get methane to burn, maybe I can cut my energy costs. But at what price? I don't want subsidies or laws requiring utilities buy my excess from me; now, if they want to buy it, that's different.

Then there's the "peak shaving" issue, but for a residence, that probably doesn't matter much, except perhaps in summer for afternoon price spikes due to AC usage.

There's appeal (and some comfort) in being able to say, "If the grid goes down, it won't trouble me much." Now, if it stays down, then others get troubled, like my grocery, and then it starts to hurt.

We lived without electricity for 14 days after hurricane Ike. The thing that saved us was gas and our next door neighbors' superior barbeque equipment. Our stove is gas, so we were able to make our breakfast and coffee. And, our water heater kept going, too, which meant hot showers every day, but we missed the internet, and other things. On the plus side, I got over a mental block against going into my art studio and finished a painting I hadn't worked on in two years (during daylight hours, of course).

Comrades, I confess to being a wuss. Last night I was watching documentaries on Roman history. Lots of actors in period costumes fighting with each other and professors telling us what it mean. Well, my knowledge of the period is limited. But I did enjoy the actors.

Then I was told that my SmartCard didn't let me watch that. And it continued through this morning. I knew that the bills were paid and came home at luncheon to make sure that things would let me continue in the evening with Dish, which is on, but muted now. And the network had recovered.

This made me recall two nights in my past when I slept on the floor. And because in this house of infinite electronics I didn't have over a hundred channels to choose from.

I can only hold my breath for the revolution, when I'm sure that I'll have 300 channels to choose from.

Because I'm a made prog and I'm special.

I certainly hope you will have 300 channels to choose from. I bet our diversity Czar Lloyd is surely working to achieve this goal for you, Comrade Theocritus. One channel for every race, creed, color and I hope he includes sexual orientation.

I just noticed a movie on the TV guide called "Gay Bed & Breakfast of Terror." I suppose that terror can be found at a bed and breakfast, especially if the huevos rancheros are improperly made. The best is to smother them with a New Mexico (Taos and Santa Fe) style "Green Chile" sauce made with a pork base, large green chiles, jalapenos and other spices.

My Hope™ is that Change™ of channels will become meaningless: There will be one national correct channel. You will only be allowed to watch it if you have a windmill blocking your view, the condition by which the Kennedy clan agrees to allow windmills be placed off Martha's Vineyard.

By this ingenious method of social engineering, the flickers, signal fades, and repeat content of the We the People's TV (WPTV) will be less easily noticed. Accordingly, people will buy more copies of WaPo and NYT again. Since ICANN is being set free, perhaps to be sold into bondage to the heroes of the UN, online content will be sanitized to the tolerance of the lowest common denominator, perhaps Saudi Arabia. And if you're getting more connection speed than some I know who are rural and still at 26K dial-up, well, comrade, you're just going to have to do with less like everyone else.

Comrade Tovarich,

Now, that's a dream of utopian perfection. Who needs channel variety? I love PBS. That's all we need. Bill Moyers, Charlie Rose, and the Muppets, are all good role models of prog perfection. We should all be so lucky.

Comradette Leninka,

I appreciate your praise, but I must confess my inspiration comes from The One. My physical form is a mere shell through which his light works, especially when I'm endorsing ACORN checks.

I hope then, that you are now basking in the light of the Nobel Peace Prize award. It positively makes Dear Leader glow.

Indeed it does! Talk about star power: Dear Leader can power solar cells for leagues around.

But the best is that, because "We're the one's we've been waiting for," this means we all won the Nobel! Yay!