Back from the Dead: The Return of the Evil Empire

[img]/images/Back-from-the-Dead-600.jpg[/img]

This is a book cover I designed last month for Cliff Kincaid's Back from the Dead: The Return of the Evil Empire written by him and three other authors. The book is now on Amazon.

Stalin_Poster_300.jpg
I modeled it on an iconic Stalin-era poster, changing Stalin to Putin and adding a peeling tri-color flag of the new Russia. The bad Soviet paint that had been hastily brushed over the old flag in the 1990s is now falling off in big clumps, revealing the solid red USSR flag with the hammer and sickle.

Putin is wearing a WWII-era St. Georgi ribbon on his chest, as do his murderous agents in the east of Ukraine today, falsely comparing their supremacist warfare on the independent Ukraine to WWII.

Since the old Evil Empire has now returned from its shallow grave, it is only appropriate that Putin would tower over a crowd of "undead" brainless followers. I had been tempted to sprinkle this gathering of zombies with the faces of modern Russian politicians and public figures, but they wouldn't be recognizable in America anyway. The only face I couldn't resist adding was that of Alexander Dugin (the bearded ghoul on the right), whose monstrous theories of Nazi-like national-chauvinism are fueling Russia's modern supremacist movement, which Putin is so cleverly exploiting.

I got a complimentary copy of the book in today's mail; it looks great and I can't wait to read it. Here's a synopsis from America's Survival website.

A new book — Back from the Dead: The Return of the Evil Empire – exposes how America's political leaders and intelligence agencies were caught off-guard as Vladimir Putin brought back the USSR, invaded Ukraine, and now threatens the world with a conflict that Putin's apologists say could go nuclear.

The back cover and spine
DEAD_Book_Back_300.jpg
The fall of the Berlin Wall misled many into thinking the Soviet KGB was dead. But infiltration of the West continued through "cultural Marxism," and penetration by enemy agents, while the KGB, now called the FSB, looted Russia, consolidated its power, and rebuilt the Russian military, including its nuclear forces. America's survival hangs in the balance.

Cliff Kincaid, founder and president of America's Survival, Inc. (ASI), is a journalist and media analyst based in the Washington, D.C. area for almost 40 years and contributes one of the chapters in the new book. Other chapters are written by former KGB officer Konstantin Preobrazhensky and anti-communist analysts J.R. Nyquist and Toby Westerman. ASI has published the book, available on the website https://www.usasurvival.org and through Amazon.com

"Having fled from the Putin regime, Preobrazhensky understands modern-day Russia," Kincaid said. "Analysts Nyquist and Westerman were writing about the return of Soviet military power under Putin at a time when Obama and Hillary were arranging a Russian policy 'reset' and Congress passed trade benefits for Russia."

In reaction to assertions by some American conservatives such as Patrick J. Buchanan that Vladimir Putin is a Christian leader, Kincaid said that "We expose these claims as Russian disinformation, perhaps the greatest deception of all time." The book describes in detail how Putin is using the Russian Orthodox Church as an ideological front in his war on the world, and how the Roman Catholic Church has failed to confront this evil. The book also examines how the KGB/FSB secretly manipulates Islamic and Palestinian terrorist groups and even the Iranian regime.
I have already made two book covers for Mr. Kincaid in the past, see them here.

Image It's moments like this that make me hope that if and when I revisit this article I'll just look back and laugh.

"No war in our time was ever started because America was too strong" - Ronald Regan.

TheFineReport.com wrote:Wasn't there a reset button or something?
That, Comrade, from Mrs. Moo-Moo!

Uh oh! SILVER ALERT! Looks like another senile dementia patient wandered away from the nursing home.

Not that size matters, but are her cankles more expansive than those transported by FLATUS Moo?

I thought Comrade Anyer was fighting that army of darkness.

Red Square wrote:The book describes in detail how Putin is using the Russian Orthodox Church as an ideological front in his war on the world, and how the Roman Catholic Church has failed to confront this evil.
Ah yes. The shame of the RCC in failing to confront the evil of totalitarianism. They were so successful in their war against totalitarianism during the Dark Ages. What fond memories we all have of the various inquisitions they held to stamp out that totalitarian concept of freedom of conscience. If only they had been successful, we would all be free to worship the Pope as he sees fit. What tragedies could have been averted, if only......

mi
Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:They were so successful in their war against totalitarianism during the Dark Ages. What fond memories we all have of the various inquisitions they held to stamp out that totalitarian concept of freedom of conscience. If only they had been successful, we would all be free to worship the Pope as he sees fit. What tragedies could have been averted, if only......
Though the Catholic church is not without faults, your sarcasm may be somewhat misplaced, comrade. Things would have been far worse without them. Because the alternative to an organized (preferably -- monotheistic) religion of some kind is not the sophisticated agnosticism or atheism, but vile and stupid superstitions and paganism.

The infamous Inquisition was, actually, a minor affair -- having executed only a few thousand people over centuries (compare that to tens of millions executed by the religionless Collectivists in mere decades).

And among the prominent organized monotheistic religions, the Catholic church is different in that it a) does not consider the Church an arm of the State (unlike their Orthodox opponents); b) leaves "Ceasar's to Ceasar" -- not trying to run a country or lay down the secular laws (unlike their Islamic opponents, who consider the theocracy of Caliphate to be the only acceptable form of government).

This not only allows the Popes to speak against excesses of the secular rulers, but also lends them certain credibility, when they do it. If they do... That sometimes they do not -- such as in the case of the Spanish Inquisition (organized by the Spanish State, but still approved by Rome) -- is the sort of failing, that Comrade Red Square had in mind.

mi wrote:
Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:They were so successful in their war against totalitarianism during the Dark Ages. What fond memories we all have of the various inquisitions they held to stamp out that totalitarian concept of freedom of conscience. If only they had been successful, we would all be free to worship the Pope as he sees fit. What tragedies could have been averted, if only......
Though the Catholic church is not without faults, your sarcasm may be somewhat misplaced, comrade. Things would have been far worse without them. Because the alternative to an organized (preferably -- monotheistic) religion of some kind is not the sophisticated agnosticism or atheism, but vile and stupid superstitions and paganism.

The infamous Inquisition was, actually, a minor affair -- having executed only a few thousand people over centuries (compare that to tens of millions executed by the religionless Collectivists in mere decades).

And among the prominent organized monotheistic religions, the Catholic church is different in that it a) does not consider the Church an arm of the State (unlike their Orthodox opponents); b) leaves "Ceasar's to Ceasar" -- not trying to run a country or lay down the secular laws (unlike their Islamic opponents, who consider the theocracy of Caliphate to be the only acceptable form of government).

This not only allows the Popes to speak against excesses of the secular rulers, but also lends them certain credibility, when they do it. If they do... That sometimes they do not -- such as in the case of the Spanish Inquisition (organized by the Spanish State, but still approved by Rome) -- is the sort of failing, that Comrade Red Square had in mind.

Comrade, how dare you accuse me of sarcasm!. This is no laughing matter. The Party™ has much to learn from the RCC. No organization has been more thorough in spreading ignorance, misery, bigotry, intolerance, poverty and violence. I think you need a more thorough understanding of the well documented history of the RCC. To the Pope, the Church is the State. In fact, the Vatican is it's own autonomous State. You can't get a more complete merge of Church and State than that.

As to the history of leaving to Ceasar what is Ceasar's, I think you need to revisit the history of the Holy Roman Empire, which is not dead, merely waiting for it's opportunity.

.The Spanish inquisition was only a part of the persecution that the RCC endorsed and actively participated in. The RCC is responsible for millions of murders, over the millennia. Both internal and external.

I think you need to review your history, comrade. The Party™ can learn much

mi
No organization has been more thorough in spreading ignorance, misery, bigotry, intolerance, poverty and violence.
If that were true, the Party would not have had to banish the Church upon seizing power... Unfortunately, ignorance, misery, bigotry, intolerance, poverty and violence are human traits, which Christianity (and even the much-ridiculed Islam) have decreased -- even if the varying degree of success is not sufficient to please some of us. As I said, things would've been worse without it, not better.

To the Pope, the Church is the State. In fact, the Vatican is it's own autonomous State. You can't get a more complete merge of Church and State than that.
That a director rules his headquarters is normal. It does not make it a "state" -- indeed, Vatican has no armed forces of its own and collects no taxes.

As to the history of leaving to Ceasar what is Ceasar's, I think you need to revisit the history of the Holy Roman Empire, which is not dead, merely waiting for it's opportunity.
The Holy Roman Empire did not include Rome among its holdings for most of its history. It was a perfectly secular state referring to holiness and to Rome for prestige.

The Spanish inquisition was only a part of the persecution that the RCC endorsed and actively participated in. The RCC is responsible for millions of murders, over the millennia.
Even if that were entirely true, that would amount to only thousands per year. Stalin was killing a few millions per year in his prime. And Pol Pot...
But it is not entirely true -- Spanish Inquisition was created and perpetrated by the Spanish State, which controlled not only the unfortunate victims, but the entire corps of the Catholic clergy as citizens. And the information did not travel as fast back then as it does today (not that it helps much today, when almost anything can be dismissed as enemy propaganda's "fake"). The RCC is not responsible for "millions of murders" -- the only deaths you can blame them for are those, who were condemned by an Inquisition's trial unjustly.

I think you need to review your history, comrade. The Party™ can learn much
Comrade, we may have different opinions, but history is neither mine nor yours -- there is only one...

Image I'm not going to argue with ignorance. There is a well documented history of the Roman Catholic Church and it's entwining itself with, and asserting itself as, the State. It is why the Reformation occurred. If you want reference books, I can supply you with many. Roman Catholicism thrives on ignorance, superstition and pagan ritualism. All you need to do is look it up. I won't respond further. if you care to know more, you can PM me.

mi
Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:I'm not going to argue with ignorance.
A very convenient "final" response. Somewhat overused by now -- certainly not as fresh as, for example, "Haters gonna hate" -- but still handy, is not it?

Image You've been offered a means of debate and information, convenient or otherwise, that does not involve the collective in your personal animosity. Apparently, you're declining that offer. That's your choice.

mi
Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:You've been offered a means of debate and information, convenient or otherwise, that does not involve the collective in your personal animosity. Apparently, you're declining that offer. That's your choice.
The two of us have been using the perfectly suitable means of debate and information exchange, when you suddenly became unhappy with the media, declared -- with an unmistakable air of superiority -- that those disagreeing with you are "ignorant" and need only to educate themselves (by "looking it up") to see the wisdom of your words...

That's not, how debates are conducted -- you can't simply declare that evidence supporting your claims exists, you have to present it. Nor can you excuse your own premature leaving the stage by the opponent's "ignorance". These tricks may work on the uninitiated, but we are all seasoned Party-members here...
Apparently, you're declining that offer.
You are yet to establish yourself as a reliable (or even probable) fount of wisdom and I doubt, you'll be any more convincing privately, than you have so far been publicly. If you had convincing arguments ready, you would've presented them for all the fellow comrades to see -- rather than attempt to take the discussion into private correspondence. This topic is hardly busy and our little thread is not (entirely) off-topic, so what possible justification is there to suddenly take the debate offline?

I suppose, it is now time for me to declare, that "I won't respond further". Only I'm going to stick to the declaration...

And let that be a lesson to me. Burn me at the stake!

And the funniest part of this exchange is that Comrade Mi is not even a Catholic (I know him personally) and was making a general observation that any monotheistic religion is objectively more beneficial to a society than paganism. In his defense, if you think that Catholicism was evil, consider that the gnostics it persecuted would have been much worse.

I stumbled into this debate too late and I don't really want to continue it. Let's just say that I'm with Karl Marx on this, and you can't argue with Comrade Karl. That's the best way to win a debate within the Party.

Well, I don't care to get into a religious debate. I have read a lot of the history of the early Christian church, the Roman Catholic Church and their relationships with other religions and the civil powers. I don't believe that the RCC has been beneficial in any society it's held the reigns of power. It's been corrupted by paganism since about the 3rd century AD and was completely corrupted by Constantine. The history is well documented, brutal and bloody. However, this is not, in my opinion, the forum for a religious debate, which is why I offered a discussion via PM.

“You're entitled, Mr. President, as the president to your own airplane and your
own house, but not to your own facts,”

As we see, there are many styles of debate...

Reset button.jpg
There was, indeed, some confusion regarding another campaign which stated, and I quote: "Not to be confused with Save the Whales."

Reset button.jpg

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:Well, I don't care to get into a religious debate. I have read a lot of the history of the early Christian church, the Roman Catholic Church and their relationships with other religions and the civil powers. I don't believe that the RCC has been beneficial in any society it's held the reigns of power. It's been corrupted by paganism since about the 3rd century AD and was completely corrupted by Constantine. The history is well documented, brutal and bloody. However, this is not, in my opinion, the forum for a religious debate, which is why I offered a discussion via PM.
... And once again you throw a rock and then duck behind a larger rock and proclaim that the fight is over and no one else is allowed to respond. Too bad, because I can immediately point out several errors of fact in what you have just said, and many more in what you said before. But the debate is over (right?), so don't respond. I'm right and you're wrong. Now stop it.

RedDiaperette wrote: ... And once again you throw a rock and then duck behind a larger rock and proclaim that the fight is over and no one else is allowed to respond. Too bad, because I can immediately point out several errors of fact in what you have just said, and many more in what you said before. But the debate is over (right?), so don't respond. I'm right and you're wrong. Now stop it.

As I stated, in my previous post, which you quoted, I don't consider this to be the appropriate forum for a religious debate. I'm hardly ducking behind a rock and proclaiming victory by offering alternative options for carrying on the discussion. I never proscribed responses from others. I'm happy to have the discussion in another forum and very interested to know what you think are the factual errors in my previous posts. I'm just not going to debate the subject here. I don't understand why that is such a problem.

Actually, Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt is right about not having a debate on RCC on a thread about the Soviet cadaver coming back to life in Russia and leading the world to a potential zombie apocalypse.

I suggest Comrade Kangaroo to start a denounce thread against the RCC.

A prudent suggestion, comrade. I will work on it later in the week, when I have an oppunistic pause in the glorious celebration of living off someone else's labor.

I hope Comrades Hammer and Loupe and Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt are both joking. There will be no religious discussions on the People's Cube. There are plenty of discussion forums out there for that.

Right Comrade Red Square, why bother with this Religious talk? We should all work on the most important thing. Finding out Comrade Pinkie's secret admirer.

And I had such a wonderful treatise on how The Party™ could learn so many useful lessons from the RCC. I defer to your wisdom and experience, Comrade Square.

Tovarichi wrote:Not that size matters, but are her cankles more expansive than those transported by FLATUS Moo?

Well, maybe not, but, to be fair, I think it's probably 50-50. It depends upon where you put the emphasis, if you know what I mean.

I mention this very important opinion to deflect from the current religious conflict raging on this thread between Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt and Hammer and Loupe. I hope I have succeeded.

Priorities, priorities people! (In all fairness, KKK as well as H&L got it! Without me.)

In other news: A teacher in North Carolina suspended a student because she said the words "Bless you" to a fellow student who had just sneezed. The horror! The teacher declared: "No Godly talk will be used in my classroom!"

This comment is not meant to equate Comrade Red Square's stance on religious commentary on The Cube, which can be done on other sites, with this teacher's petty stomp on a student's innocent reply to another student's sneeze.

Apples vs Oranges. I just mentioned it as another deflection. ; • ) Kiss! Kiss! Hug! Hug!

Oh, btw, you guys might want to check out Commissar Redumdimski's post on this very issue. You gotta scroll down a bit to get it on my post, but, it is awesome! Set aside some time to read it. It's good. IMHO

You won't feel "uncomfortable" reading it. In fact, you just might feel good!

https://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/prog-off-alexander-solzhenitsyn-the-harvard-address-1978-t14810.html

Red Square wrote:I hope Comrades Hammer and Loupe and Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt are both joking. [highlight=#ff0000]There will be no religious discussions on the People's Cube.[/highlight] There are plenty of discussion forums out there for that.
Begging the Master Red Square's Pardon, but in this instance he is wrong (or as wrong as a prog that cares so much can be). There certainly WILL be. Image

Comrade sherriff, repent.
Red Square has spoken, and thou shalt not quibble lest he smite thee.
Image This guy looks like Putin!

Comrade Tovi,
"This guy looks like Putin?" Are you putin me on? Really? (OK, I know that's a groaner)

Well, I have to admit, he sorta does. We both know who else he sorta looks like, don't we?
I think that was your point here, wasn't it? Yeah, that's the ticket!

Remember who the first radical was, and then lecture me on uttering Heresy.

Dear Comrade Thought,

Our dear Comrade Red Square knows very well who the first radical was. That could be why he generously provides the "OFF" button in case you want to speak "out of character."

When I first joined The Cube I couldn't distinguish between my character and my kharacter. I was confused. I had to work on it big time and suffer much embarrassment (of my own making) in the process. I was willing to do it because I love The Cube and the people in it and what they stand for. Nobody gave me an easy ride. I had to figure it out for myself.

Not saying this is what you are doing at all, but using the "off character" button really helps keep the two separate. I didn't always do that because I couldn't distinguish one from the other. Many others just waltz in and easily contribute, like Redumdimski, for example, and so many others.

Please forgive me if I might be missing something in your post. And, let me know if I have. We're all in this together!

Your friend,
Pamalinsky

I confess. I feel envy, which is fine, but this time for the Job of Ambassador to texasistan. I am still methodically conversing with The Ambassador in an underhanded and absolutely shameless attempt to catch the first chance at denunciation the first moment he trips up. This Has been a coordinated and meticulous campaign, involving the NSA, KBG, GRU, Truthy, and the all seeing eye of Barad-Dur. I bribed Craptek to follow him around when he strolled through the Park.But, no matter how dastardly the deeds I recorded at the hands of The Esteemed Comrade, he always managed to care more than I could. The Stains of treachery that befouled his toes vanished into meaninglessness every time. Idm Image

Bwaaa Ha Ha Ha Ha! Now you know how I feel! (which is really what it's all about, no?)

Not really. I have never tried wearing hair like that.

But that aside, you are correct. You and I and All progs have an understanding that comes only to those that have truly experienced the Cruel lash of Guilt. #yesallProgs. We know what it is like, living with a knowledge of all that we have done to Harm our planet and its downtrodden masses.
I myself regard understanding other people's problems to be less important other people understanding (and ergo feeling guilt for) my own problems.
And, as proof that I regard heresy with as much disdain as any other Caring Collectivist, I will now quote scripture.
"feel unto others as thou would that they would do unto you"

Plugging in is dangerous and bad for the environment. Last time I plugged in my Chevy Volt, bad things happened

volt fire.png

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:Plugging in is dangerous and bad for the environment. Last time I plugged in my Chevy Volt, bad things happened

volt fire.png

Shocking!!!!

Thought Sheriff wrote:I confess. I feel envy... for the Job of Ambassador to texasistan.

Good Sherriff, your aspirations to a position of Party leadership are noted, and rest assured, another show trial and a denouncement or two and Im exiled to the nearest gulag, or worse yet, the Oklahoma Territories.

We didn't see you at the prayer meeting political discussion in tractor barn #2 last night. There was much discourse, and singing of marching and working songs followed by distilled light refreshments I remember my own days in the Stazi, supporting law enforcement, I only assume you were on duty maintaining decency and decorum in your jurisdiction. We shall save a ration for you, and look forward to your attendance and contributions to the good of the Kollective.

<off>

Some discussions are best held behind the barn, away from the eyes and ears of the Party...

Tovarichi wrote: Some discussions are best held behind the barn, away from the eyes and ears of the Party...
Others are best had on stage with Beyoncé.