Victims: AOC ripping billionaires is bad financial advice

[img]/images/various_uploads/AOC_TV_Socks.jpg[/img]

Sometimes we follow other people's advice at our own peril, especially if they advise us about matters they have no knowledge of. This happened to several people who watched a recent interview of congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, in which she revealed the dirty, capitalist-pig secret of how to become a billionaire.

"No one makes a billion dollars, they take a billion dollars," she said, adding that people become billionaires "by sitting on the couch and taking money from black and brown people, the undocumented, and single mothers." Although "life in capitalism always ends in billionaires," Rep. Ocasio-Cortez stressed that she personally wasn't so greedy as to become one: "I don't want your money as much as I want your power," she said.

Against Ocasio-Cortez's intentions, some viewers interpreted her remarks as a blueprint for quickly becoming billionaires while they still could, before she has driven capitalism out of town on a rail.

Coughlin Berry of Cleveland, Ohio, watched the interview and immediately ran out to the local IKEA to buy the faux-leather couch he always dreamed about. Berry couldn't really afford it, but since sitting on the couch would make him a billionaire, he looked at the purchase as an investment. His get-rich scheme had not concluded as he had hoped, however.

Once the couch was assembled, Berry lured some black, brown, and undocumented people with single mothers to his apartment under the pretext of "watching some television." But instead of letting him take any money from them, they drank all of his orange soda and wouldn't even chip in for the pizza and chicken wings they badgered him into ordering.

Another such person was Devlin Hunter of Detroit, Michigan, who believed the congresswoman was sharing a how-to advice. Being reasonably frugal, Hunter didn't purchase a new couch, but rather borrowed one from his mother's basement. Since Hunter's mother wouldn't allow him to bring a group of some random black, brown, and undocumented people with single mothers to the house, Hunter did the next best thing and took the couch to them.

He positioned his mother's couch on the corner of Martin Luther King Blvd. and Rosa Parks Blvd., and sat there for several hours spotting black, brown, and undocumented people with single mothers. His attempt at taking a billion dollars from them also ended in a fiasco. While Hunter was using the bathroom facilities at Motor City Grill a few blocks away, his couch was stolen by another aspiring billionaire like himself.

Raheem Santiago of Chicago, Illinois, approached this problem from a different angle. In a call to a local radio station, Mr. Santiago shared his frustration over Ocasio-Cortez's words by saying, "My whole house is filled with black and brown people, half of them single mothers. We always sittin' on the couch. How come I ain't a billionaire?"

[img]/images/various_uploads/Ocasio_Cortez_Blank_Sign_Way_Around.jpg[/img]