Progressive Proverbs!

I found a few gems collected by the Iowahawk, which can be found here. There, he was talking about the progressive tendency to take wisdom from other cultures, and try to adapt it to our own.

As with all collections of wisdom, we take the Party-Approved Approach bykeeping what pleases us and throwing away the rest. For example, hereare the best ones on the list:

“The happy man has two chickens; the wise man shares one with the manwho has none. The prudent man reports the happy man to the authorities,so they can wise him up.”
Cuban

“Working together, two men can do the work of three. The trick is convincing those two other suckers to work together.”
Romanian

“The loyal dog feasts, but the treacherous cat no can haz cheezburgr.”
Hungarian

“The comrade who is late to work will only get the last swig of the vodka. Even then it's probably half backwash.”
Russian

However, we know the True Truthtm: we export ours to everyone! Whether they like it or not.

Feel free to share your own Progressive Proverbs here, and enlighten the masses!

Let's see,
There once was a comrade named Obama
Who had a very progressive mama

Ooops, he said proverbs not limericks....

Bipartisanship is the art of giving your opponents one hundred dollars worth of steak and in return they give you one trillion dollars worth of pork.
- ConfusedUs

Diversity is the gathering together of all races, colors, creeds and sexual orientations in order to vote for Democrats.
- Unknown person who formerly ran programs for community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff diversity and minority contracting at the University of Chicago Hospitals

When you do it, it is "divisive"; when we do it, it is "leadership".
- Nancy Pelosi

If you have two chickens and I am Barack Obama, then I now have two chickens.
- old Kenyan proverb

The difference between a kleptomaniac and a Congressman is mostly one of semantics.
- Found buried in an old federal "stimulus" bill

Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that fellow who didn't vote for me.
- Found buried in a new Democrat tax bill

All it takes to prove that I am the smartest guy in any room is for the rest of the people in that room to believe me when I say it.
-Joe Biden

When Obama speaks, it is the truth; when his opponents speak, it is a lie. This is a much simpler and useful journalistic standard than "investigation" or similar right-wing claptrap. Now, on to the crossword puzzle!
- New NY Times Masthead

If a subject sweats not while doing the wash, their carbon pollution machine is turned too low.
I am Hussein, worry not what I do.
If a state subjects child suffers not from hunger, the state supplies too much.
I am Barack, gaze not upon my feast.
If a state subject pays for less than four bus transfers in transit to the mill, the comrade is guilty of excess.
I am Obama, avert your gaze serf...

The simple act of wearing an IED does not identify one as a terrorist, reassembling the thousands of bits back together does.

-Jamie Gorelick (Does Tipper know about her?)

Ask not what your country can do for you, but rather how many beets you can dig for your country.

Give a man a fish, and he is a happy comrade for a day. Teach him to fish, and he is a suspect capitalist, stealing resources from others who do not know how to fish, and should be sent to the reeducation camps.

There are two kinds of men in this world. Those with Party connections, and those who harvest beets. Now you, dig!

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a comrade sure to harvest his quota on the collective farm.

"God is Bread($)" ....Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, probably doesn't matter who said it first.......

"Those who fight and run away, live to fight another day" 4th paragraph, 3rd sentence in Harry Reidtard and Nancy Pelosi's campaign handbook......

"Stupid is as stupid does" What Forest Gump said about Joe Biden.

" A Byrd in the hand is worth two ex-president Bush-Hitlers" Grand Wizard of the KKK.

Barry Frank says "Man who go to bed with itchy ass wakes up with smelly finger but walks away from financial collapse of huge lending intitutions that drags the entire country with it smelling like a rose"

Opiate of the People -

You're on to something here. Perhaps we can respond to Iowahawk's list of Third-World proverbs with our list of homegrown, red-white-and-blue, First-World proverbs that are not less but even more progressive! Below is a sample, but I have many more. Perhaps by tomorrow evening we can get enough to post as a follow-up on Big Hollywood.

-----------------------------------

No matter how much you cheat the government in taxes you'll never get close to being even. Trust me.
(Tim Geithner, Treasury Secretary's proverb)

All good things in life are either illegal, immoral, or lead to obesity.
(Kennedy family proverb)

To err is human, and we use this faculty frequently and with much pleasure.
(Proverb of US Congress)

If toast falling off the table always lands butter-side down, it is safe to presume that toast buttered on both sides will stop and hover in midair.
(Obama Economic Recovery Team's proverb)

Every time the government takes over the economy, the only thing that's left well-organized is crime.
(Mafia proverb)

The people are not only our most precious recourse, but also a means of enrichment.
(Proverb of US Congress)

Every man has a right to the left.
(ACLU proverb)

Red Square wrote:Every time the government takes over the economy, the only thing that's left well-organized is crime.
(Mafia proverb)

Ouch! Seeing the rise of the oil mafia in your former country after the collapse of the soviet regime...more truth to this than satire.

Unfortunately...[karakter back on] Fortunately, the rise of such unsavory elements gives the virtuous, the courageous, the orderly-minded all the more reason to cry out for order and impose it upon the masses!

Red Square wrote:Opiate of the People -

You're on to something here. Perhaps we can respond to Iowahawk's list of Third-World proverbs with our list of homegrown, red-white-and-blue, First-World proverbs that are not less but even more progressive! Below is a sample, but I have many more. Perhaps by tomorrow evening we can get enough to post as a follow-up on Big Hollywood.

Actually, these all can be considered Third-World proverbs as, thanks to our pals in Washed-up-ton, the U.S. will soon be a banana republic, but without the a-peel (ouch!)