Progressive Comment Du Jour

Tonight's progressive comment comes from the good folks at Balloon Juice who are absolutely determined to link so-called "right-wing fearmongering" to today's Pittsburgh shootout.

Tim F. -- the douche bag prog blogger -- writes:

Tim F. wrote:
How is that “orderly revolution” going, Michelle? How about that laundry soap rebellion, Erick? This is what Glenn Beck's citizen army looks like. People like Michelle Malkin fantasize about citizens rising up against the (Democratic) state. They stoke their followers' paranoia with bullshit that, mostly, they know is bullshit, for ratings and a shot at political traction. Did they expect the American revolution?

In responseto John's famous Peak Wingnut postI pointed out that political irrelevance will hardly stifle rightwing victimology but feed it like CO2, manure and sunlight. I tend to call the relevant phenomenon ‘toxic victim syndrome', or TVS. The feeling that one is a powerless victim has a corrosive psychological effect. It exempts self-appointed victims from normal moral standards. It justifies (in one's own mind) an endless list of behaviors that an ordinary person would never consider.

Later I highlighteda psychological study demonstrating that people tend to believe insane conspiracy theories more when they have less power over their own life (say, political power). My conclusion stands.

Lefty projection in action.

Once again more delusional left-wing projection at work. It was only a couple months ago that these very bloggers were running around decrying the abuses of executive power that they themselves have personally endured living under George Bush's “fascist regime” -- outrage that led to countless protest, demonstrations and harassment that was all fueled by the delusional bogeymen churned up from the MSM and left-wing internet agitators.

Speaking of deranged agitators: Keith Olbermann happens to be MSNBC's star and a hero for every progressive man, woman and child who had to endure under George Bush's “fascist regime”.

Before Glenn Beck there was Keith Olbermann -- only Keith Olbermann sees himself as a serious Cornell-educated newsman:

Fearmongering.

Chairman it is funny you should post this. Over on my website https://www.everydayolympia.com/forum (I mange the forum, not the parent site, as the two sites merged) a progressive also jumped all over the tragedy to make his point. I cannot link to it as the forum it is in (a place for vitriol throwing and mudslinging) is invisible to non registered users. I will post his comments, and my reply though as I think it is an interesting look into a twisted mind. (Plus he denounces Ayn Rand in the process)

The left wing nutter wrote...

"So when do the Righty gun nuts take responsibility for their murderous brethren? When do y'all stop playing games? When do you accept the fact giving lip service to violent revolution results in violent revolution. You bet I am pissed! This asshole assassinated three policemen, men and women heretofore had been right wing heroes, for political reasons.

Quote:
His friends said he had recently lost his job, and was worried that US President Barack Obama was about to ban guns.

Another man who said he was a friend of Mr Poplawski, Aaron Vire, told the newspaper: "He said he'll be ready if there's ever an invasion of the United States and that he had stockpiled foods and guns for that eventuality."

Mr Poplawski has been charged with three counts of homicide, aggravated assault and a weapons violation.

If this is the effect of the 2nd amendment it's time to abolish the right to lay in wait and kill cops. But I know that is not the intent of the 2nd amendment in light of the phrase "As part of a well regulated militia." Owning handguns to kill cops is not part of a well regulated militia.

It is way past time for gun rights advocates to propose reasonable limits to firearm ownership because every week they do not, the mass murder body count rises.
Pittsburgh is one more example of the end game of your violent Ayn Rand macho fantasies: Morons kill good, upright Americans.Shame on you. The blood of those innocent mass murder victims is on your hands.

Don't bother trying to justifying your crap about registration being an invitation for rendering this nation a communist dictatorship. You will just make me vomit more."

My glorious reply....

"Yano , you are talking out of your ass.

Perhaps in your liberal fantasy land is a person responsible for the actions of another person. Perhaps in your glorious People's Paradise are the actions of a fanatic shared by those who are not fanatics. Perhaps in your world of Hope(TM) and Change(TM) would I as a gun owner share the blame of a madman who broke every important law of civilized human society.

You fool, can you not see if a person is willing to break the highest of all laws and commit not only murder, but the murder of those charged with protecting society that they will not be stopped by "reasonable" laws or restrictions on a right?

You profess to understand what the 2nd Amendment means, but you do not in fact get it. The militia clause you spout off is only half of it. Read Heller v DC and you will have a better understanding of it.

I have over a dozen assorted rifles, handguns and shotguns. Some are relics, some are target pieces, and three exist for one primary purpose only. And that is the highest, and most horrific of reasons a person holds a weapon. To use against another human being should my life be threatened by them. At any given time I have over 1000 rounds or more of ammunition on hand. Much of it gets expended and then replaced for recreation.

I keep a small store of food and water and emergency supplies against the need of a natural disaster. Ice storms, earthquake, etc...

I know I am not unique in regards to any of this, guns, ammo, food, emergency supplies, etc... on this board. Some may have professional reasons for doing so, others are wise enough to simply be prepared.

My grandfather taught forestry, search and rescue and ground survival, and I learned what lessons I could before he died in a plane crash, and that also instilled a life long pursuit of the same knowledge and putting into action what I learned.

Does this make me dangerous?

In your eyes it seems to.

I will not take responsibility for the actions of an unsound mind, of a person who is willing to commit murder. I will not ask my community of fellow gun owners to do so. I can only be responsible for the acts I make. Should I lift my weapon and turn it on my fellow man without cause then only I am responsible.

For you to demand that millions, upon millions of gun owners bear the burden of guilt of a madman is unjust.

I will not feel guilty for this. I will not bear the burden of another man's sins. I will not feel guilty so that you may feel righteous."

Now and then I am still bothered that people like this actually do exist...

Never let a good crisis go to waste, Comrade Obamissar.

You are right of course Comrade Chairman.

This is where I learn if they can't control you with facts, they will try to control you with guilt.

Just remember that Lovell Mixon (the guy who killed four Oakland officers)... He "Stood up AGANIST police terror"