Medal for Military Incompetence

During one particular campaign I remember, every senior officer was awarded the Bronze Star across the board for no reason except participation, but no enlisted received the same medal even if they were recommended for it.

If that's how they like to play, I suggest that every senior officer involved in the planning and execution of the Afghan debacle receive the DURAK medal for Military Ineptitude.

DURAK.jpg

Perhaps there is a civilian equivalent that might be awarded for oh, say a former Secretary of State that might have performed duties with equivalent skill which merit such an award at such places as (cough)

Benghazi

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote: Perhaps there is a civilian equivalent that might be awarded for oh, say a former Secretary of State that might have performed duties with equivalent skill which merit such an award at such places as (cough)Benghazi

I'm not sure there's enough room on a medal to include a whole death warrant for treason, but The People's Cube already has this medal, "The Common Good" for those who chose to thumb the nose at responsible action under hostile fire.

I heard a rumour that President* Biden is planning to award himself the Congressional Medal of Freedom for all the Afghans he saved from interpreters. It seems an appropriate reward to me, considering all the difficult choices he's had to make in abandoning American citizens and allies and military equipment to the most powerful goatherders in the world.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote: Perhaps there is a civilian equivalent that might be awarded for oh, say a former Secretary of State that might have performed duties with equivalent skill which merit such an award at such places as (cough)Benghazi

Here's the medal for those who meddle covertly then hide cravenly in depraved indifference to The People's lives during a dire emergency.

DEPRINDI.jpg

This one, of course, is retro-dated so that the entire Obama administration is eligible.

Most Equally Esteemed Komrad Colonel,

As I have confessed before, I spent my youth in the People's Air Force. I was a "Mere Enlisted Swine" as our MTE once referred to us as a group.

Every once in a while some senior officer would tire of seeing us all in our flight suits and camouflage pajamas (BDUs). They would declare a day as "Blues Day". We would all drag our dress blues out of the back of the closet and hope they still fit us. Then we would try to equip our ribbon racks to reflect what the omnipotent computer system felt we should be wearing.

On one such Blues Day, I heard the most illuminating comment. A junior officer noticed a Mere Enlisted Swine displaying a star of one sort or other on their uniform. The star had a tiny little silver "V" on it. The junior officer was heard to ask, "What is the V for? Is that allowed?" A senior officer took him aside and explained what the V meant.

I think I remember the conflict in which the Bronze Star was turned into an officer good conduct medal. Made me proud.

Of a particularly enlisted point of view in the Current Truth ™,

Red Salmon

<OFF>
I always told the ignorant questioners that my "V-device" meant I ate all my vegetables.

Back then, I was being a smart-ass. Today, I think it means the wearer ate all of their vegetables.

For Valorous Consumption of Vegetables. Sounds like a good idea for a medal & ribbon.
Vegeaten.jpg