Educational Equality - Feed Your Progressive Guilt

Researchers prove once again: We are guilty of misappropriating the education resources.

https://www.scpr.org/news/2010/02/04/ucla-charter-study/

Comrades, rejoice! Our leading institutions are proclaiming an equal opportunity for mediocrity for all young citizens! No more classes for gifted children! No more Magnet schools! Equal amount of information and knowledge for everyone.

The redistribution of wealth starts with the redistribution of knowledge.

Eh-h, my blood is boiling when I read this s##t!

It's way past time for this. We have most the collective believing in white guilt (blast those teabaggers!). Our comrades are making new text books and rewriting history & disparaging our greedy white founders, as we speak. Along with La Raza, we should have the un-united states rightfully divided by race and religion... all prepared for glorious Leaders dictatorship.

I love it when a plot plan comes together!

It'shhhh...it'shhh cool ta get drunk at shhhcool....

Comrades, this comment from the linked topic shows we still have much work to do to eliminate RAAAAACISM in this society. I will copy it below although it sickens me to do so:

Bielie wrote: Why can't progressives move beyond race baiting? Why the hell do you define people by race and language. Have you ever considered that there may be a causal relationship between poverty and scholastic achievement (that goes both ways) and that these people may not, just may not be discriminated against on racial grounds?

The problem is, Liberals can't live without racism. Racism is what defines Liberalism. Class warfare (whether it be race or whatever) is your sole raison d'etre.

This person is obviously a hardened RAAAAACIST and a simple re-education will not adjust her attitude; a few decades in the gulag will be needed for her to see the light. And, it will serve as a warning to others who dare to think for themselves hold RAAAAACIST opinions.

I know someone who teaches in a suburban high school. It is a middle class district and a number of mexican kids from nearby towns go to the school. She says most of them are basically not interested in school at all and spend the day fooling around and talking. They only come because someone is forcing them to. It's not racism; no one is saying they are stupid; but whatever culture they grew up in, it didn't instill in them any respect or interest in academics. It's hard to see imagine mixing them in with others that have different attitudes towards learning is going to change their minds.

Oh the evidence of success in the comment section is heartening. First, Comrade Olivia demonstrates the first level of the triumph of mediocrity:
I went to a Charter School and graduated from it. I know go to ELAC and soon will be tranferring to Cal Poly Pomona to ensue my degree in Architecture. Those school are very good and arent over crowded or anything they have less students and the techers are great and we get one-on-one time with them whenever they see we need it. They dont jugde us or look down on us or think less of us they focus on what they can do better to help us understand and learn, to succeed and go on to college.

Then poor misguided Tara mistakenly takes Olivia to task on her invented spelling:
Olivia, I really don't want to insult you but your spelling and grammar are so bad, in spite of what you consider is your great educational background, that I'm astonished that you're going to "ensue" your degree at Cal Poly. I hope you have as many good "techers" there as you've had in the past.

Evidence of the triumph of the Los Angeles Unified School District's methods (note also the fantastic use of smart phone texting grammar:
Tara i dont mean to be mean but i know i spelled those words wrong and i did it on purpose to see what everyone would say...i know ow to spell teachers and all those other words i got wrong because i knew if i spelled them wrong then ppl like you would right away think i dont know how to spell and blame it on my school and you would right away think i wouldnt be able to succeed in what i want...so maybe you shouldnt judge a book by its cover cus then you might just be suprised on whats inside of it DUMBASS

Truth to Power, baby!!!

One big problem I had when teaching in a suburban public school was the Mexican kids who really were trying to learn something, then they would leave with their family for Christmas (whoops, "winter") break and not come back until March or April. Then they could never catch up--and one or two of them actually wanted to....

Comrade Gooneybirdova, unfortunately I'm well aware of this problem in the suburban schools. For a period of time we lived in a predominantly Hispanic part of L.A. My older son went to a public school, where classes remained half-empty well in to February.

The problem with the standards and quality of education goes deeper then elementary or meddle school. The problem ascends all the way to graduate schools
In some cases "equal opportunity" is just inappropriate, and may be dangerous.
For the last 5 years I have been on faculty at 2 dental schools. What a surprise it was for me when I learned that dental and medical schools are obligated to accommodate students with learning disabilities. Under the ADA act these students are allowed twice the time to complete the same exams as the "normal" students.
I think most of us will find it very comforting to know that your dentist, or may be even a surgeon may have ADHA.