0%
Barney Frank
12%
Jimmy Carter
6%
Commissarka Pinkie
41%

TOTAL VOTES: 17

Progressives love public acclaim and adulation; that's why so many progressives are also celebrities and vice versa! In order to honor the noble progressive icons that serve us so selflessly, the Party has established the Progressive of the Year award. Comrades, cast your vote for the Progressive who has done the most for humanity this year and he/she/it will be presented the coveted prestigious Proggy Award (seen below):

And the nominees are:

Visionary President Barack Obama

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a real "Man of the People"

The honest, capable Speaker Nanski Pelosi

The Warm, Down to Earth Sen. Barbara Boxer

Deep-Thinking Philospher-Economist-Filmmaker Micheal Moore

People's First Lady Michelle Obama

Humanitarian and Scientifc Genius Al Gore

Financial Expert Congressman Barney Frank

Peacemaker, diplomat, Nobel Peas Prize Winner and Former President, Jimmy Carter

I had to vote for George Soros because where would all these good Progs be without his billions?

Ah, Comrade Nika, I see your photo has caught him in the act of searching for a donation to feed the homeless. Excellent!

I vote for our little Planet Earth as Progressive of the Year because our Planet Earth is really suffering and nobody is speaking for it and our earth needs all the help we can give it or it's going to die.

Comrades I am truly overwhelmed by this smorgasbord of excellent candidates. How does a humble prole choose?

But I predict comrade B. Hubris Obama by a landslide! Just as he also won the American Dhimmi of the Year 2009 last week on https://www.jihadwatch.org, again by a landslide. Is there no award he cannot collect? All hail Dear Leader!

I vote for myself, for clearly I am the most Progressive prog ever, and it's about damned time I received some sort of recognition for it!

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewt ... 1862#61862

Enough empty talk! Miss USA awards must be always given on the basis of progressive thinking, just like the Oscars!

At this time they are not! How do we know? Because if they were, we all know who the winner would be in every contest!

Indeed, one has only to go back and read every post I have ever posted at The People's Cube to come to the glaringly obvious conclusion that no one, but no one, has raised more awareness of how much I care, than I have myself.

For being a good Progressive is all about raising awareness of the issues that matter. It's about caring. And I'm here to raise everyone's awareness of how much I care about this particular issue. I intend to do so by donning the appropriate awareness ribbon and wristband, and whacking over 2,000 proles with my shovel to symbolize the number of posts I have made at The People's Cube. The screams of the proles should call everyone else's attention to the need to recognize just how much I care about winning this honor.

The time is now. If not now, when? And if you don't give it to me now, then you're no better than those naysayers who opposed ending slavery, who thought they should give it more debate. The debate is over! IT'S MINE!!!

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:I vote for myself, for clearly I am the most Progressive prog ever, and it's about damned time I received some sort of recognition for it!

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewt ... 1862#61862

Enough empty talk! Miss USA awards must be always given on the basis of progressive thinking, just like the Oscars!

At this time they are not! How do we know? Because if they were, we all know who the winner would be in every contest!

Indeed, one has only to go back and read every post I have ever posted at The People's Cube to come to the glaringly obvious conclusion that no one, but no one, has raised more awareness of how much I care, than I have myself.

For being a good Progressive is all about raising awareness of the issues that matter. It's about caring. And I'm here to raise everyone's awareness of how much I care about this particular issue. I intend to do so by donning the appropriate awareness ribbon and wristband, and whacking over 2,000 proles with my shovel to symbolize the number of posts I have made at The People's Cube. The screams of the proles should call everyone else's attention to the need to recognize just how much I care about winning this honor.

The time is now. If not now, when? And if you don't give it to me now, then you're no better than those naysayers who opposed ending slavery, who thought they should give it more debate. The debate is over! IT'S MINE!!!

Only Obama has worked harder for his Nobel prize Commissarka!

Indeed, Felines for Pinkie!

Please Comrades. Please vote for Commissarka Pinkie!!!

There are incentives floating in now from my buddy Timmy.

So a Vote for Pinkie is a vote for progressives everywhere!

Well, so far we have a tie with Obama, Soros, Gaia and Pinkie each with one vote. (Plus one other person who voted "Other" but did not specify a candidate... the police are searching for that individual now.) Anyway, if the tally remains in this state, a tie-breaking vote will be needed. I'm not going to break the tie because no matter what you may have heard, I'm not stupid enough to wade into that morass. No, this honor will go to Sheriff Joe Biden whose only job description (besides crying a lot if Obama should croak) is casting tie-breaking votes in the Senate. Besides, it will not matter to him much if Pinkie dents his dome with her shovel; his hair plugs are shovel-ready.

For her tireless and extreme dedication to the cause; Commissarka Pinkie!
Image and maybe a "Not get whacked by her shovel card"?

Hey now, I didn't vote absentee for Pinkie so my vote should count. Unless I use Obama math I count THREE votes for Pinkie. (Herself, me, and Comrade Grigori)

So unless there are some black panther thugs gentlemen who will change my mind, I think a recount is in order.

I'm inclined to vote for Pinkie but she has to prove to me she really knows her proggie place.

Image When Pinkie gets busy in this, she will have my vote.

Of course I voted for The One. To do otherwise would be RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry Pinkie...

Reiuxcat wrote:Hey now, I didn't vote absentee for Pinkie so my vote should count. Unless I use Obama math I count THREE votes for Pinkie. (Herself, me, and Comrade Grigori)

So unless there are some black panther thugs gentlemen who will change my mind, I think a recount is in order.

Yes, you are correct, comrade cat, apparently your post and mine crossed in the mail. (Besides which, my head is definitely NOT shovel-ready and there are two cats here watching my every move as I type this. Friends of yours, perhaps?) Anyway, right now Obama and Pinkie are tied at 3 votes each for the lead. Perhaps someone can get on the phone to that fellow Chad from Florida and clear up this mess. Does anyone have Al Franken's number?

So many Equal choices, but I think Dear Leader is the biggest Prog of all. I mean, the way he lets other people take the fall for his the screw-ups (continued unemployment, party crashers, KSM show trial, and my personal favorite, the New York flyover) is truly Progressive(TM). The DL likes to keep his involvement in these things on the DL, you see.

Plus, as Commissar Obamissar V pointed out, not voting for him would be Racist(TM).

I think second place should go to Nanski Peloski for building her career on Bu$hitler's demise.

Third should go to Barney Frank for his contributions to our housing crisis economy.

Fourth, to Michael (NOT "Micheal" -- as Commissarka of Grammar and Spelling, I am issuing you a citation for that error) Moore, for exploiting capitali$m for his personal gain.

As I said, though, all the progs listed are Most Equal contenders for the title, after Dear Leader. So the rank doesn't really matter. That's right, the rankings are like going to a British dentist...

Commodore Snoogie Woogums wrote:I'm inclined to vote for Pinkie but she has to prove to me she really knows her proggie place.

Image When Pinkie gets busy in this, she will have my vote.

I have a shovel ready Commissarka, if you are busy at the moment.

Komsomolka Olga Katrina wrote:So many Equal choices, but I think Dear Leader is the biggest Prog of all. I mean, the way he lets other people take the fall for his the screw-ups (continued unemployment, party crashers, KSM show trial, and my personal favorite, the New York flyover) is truly Progressive(TM). The DL likes to keep his involvement in these things on the DL, you see.

Plus, as Commissar Obamissar V pointed out, not voting for him would be Racist(TM).

Comrade, you have displayed impeccable logic in your argument (I would watch myself if I were you.) But, by the same token, Pinkie has a shovel. However, Obama is a god or something. There are good reasons for not wishing to offend either. Perhaps we should all follow his highness's example and dither about this for a few months....

Komsomolka Olga Katrina wrote: Fourth, to Michael (NOT "Micheal" -- as Commissarka of Grammar and Spelling, I am issuing you a citation for that error) Moore, for exploiting capitali$m for his personal gain.

Comrade, I accept your citation with perfunctory cheerfulness while muttering dark oaths under my breath. And, in retaliation, I hereby present you with this certificate of denouncement issued by the Ministry of Ebonics and Patronization Masquerading as Benevolence which condemns spelling and proper grammar (as well as wearing a baseball cap with the bill forward) as racist and demeaning. But, just so you won't feel too bad, on the back of the denouncement is a coupon for some carbon credits.

I voted for Obama, because I didn't vote. I just let my local ACORN representative do it for me.

Allow me to make this easier for you, comrades.

As Opiate so astutely pointed out, there are many good reasons for not offending either me or Obama.

At least if you piss off Obama, you need only reorganize your shtick (sp?), change your name, and you'll get back in with no one else the wiser.

But pissing off Pinkie is Forever.

Snoogie, I don't know what you expect me to do in that kitchen, unless it's washing your bottles or maybe giving you a bath in that sink. But I'll give you one chance to change your vote before I start swinging my shovel.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Allow me to make this easier for you, comrades.

As Opiate so astutely pointed out, there are many good reasons for not offending either me or Obama.

At least if you piss off Obama, you need only reorganize your shtick (sp?), change your name, and you'll get back in with no one else the wiser.

Snoogie, I don't know what you expect me to do in that kitchen, unless it's washing your bottles or maybe giving you a bath in that sink. But I'll give you one chance to change your vote before I start swinging my shovel.

Ahh Pinkiekins, my little babushka........ I haven't cast my vote yet, I just inclined to vote for you at the moment but you haven't quite sealed the deal. Now if you would have got busy and got those pots and pans a flying in the kitchen whipping me up a meal, then my vote would have been assured. I know you wield a mean shovel but I'm betting that even you couldn't whack a poor wittle innocent baby such as me humble wittle self. But I suggest a compromise to ensure you get my vote.

Instead of using that shovel for a little 'gentle reminder' of what is in store if I don't vote for you. How about using it to shovel this load I have had lying around now for awhile instead to win my vote.

The washing machine is in the back of the kitchen and you'll find the ironing board nearby by.
Ohh and don't forget to use those static clinging things in the dryer, I hate it when my socks stick together.

Commodore Snoogie Woogums wrote:
Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Allow me to make this easier for you, comrades.

Ahh Pinkiekins, my little babushka........ I haven't cast my vote yet, I just inclined to vote for you at the moment but you haven't quite sealed the deal. Now if you would have got busy and got those pots and pans a flying in the kitchen whipping me up a meal, then my vote would have been assured. I know you wield a mean shovel but I'm betting that even you couldn't whack a poor wittle innocent baby such as me humble wittle self. But I suggest a compromise to ensure you get my vote.

Instead of using that shovel for a little 'gentle reminder' of what is in store if I don't vote for you. How about using it to shovel this load I have had lying around now for awhile instead to win my vote.
The washing machine is in the back of the kitchen and you'll find the ironing board nearby by.
Ohh and don't forget to use those static clinging things in the dryer, I hate it when my socks stick together.

Comrade,

Have you left out the most important function of a progressive woman?

Making babies, lot's and lot's of Red Babies. Cooking and cleaning are important, but least we not forget other things.

We need more welfare recipients, and more in the dependent class. Ensuring prog woman are promiscuous patriots is the key for 1 party rule.

Infidel Castrate wrote:Comrade,

Have you left out the most important function of a progressive woman?

Making babies, lot's and lot's of Red Babies. Cooking and cleaning are important, but least we not forget other things.

We need more welfare recipients, and more in the dependent class. Ensuring prog woman are promiscuous patriots is the key for 1 party rule.
Latch them onto the tit of government hand-out with no possible alternative will keep them voting democrat for years to come. Commun (Capital) idea Castrate.

Opiate of the People wrote: Comrade, you have displayed impeccable logic in your argument (I would watch myself if I were you.) But, by the same token, Pinkie has a shovel. However, Obama is a god or something. There are good reasons for not wishing to offend either. Perhaps we should all follow his highness's example and dither about this for a few months....

Comrade, I accept your citation with perfunctory cheerfulness while muttering dark oaths under my breath. And, in retaliation, I hereby present you with this certificate of denouncement issued by the Ministry of Ebonics and Patronization Masquerading as Benevolence which condemns spelling and proper grammar (as well as wearing a baseball cap with the bill forward) as racist and demeaning. But, just so you won't feel too bad, on the back of the denouncement is a coupon for some carbon credits.

Well, I could issue you a Counter-Denunciation Certificate for revealing the State Secret behind our patronizing, academic, know-it-all behavior, but since you've bribed me in advance with the carbon credits, I shall merely accept them and use them for a taxpayer-funded jet flight throughout the People's Republic.

However, since I am a sniveling, wimpy prog bureaucrat fearing backlash from my superiors, I will of course enlist ACORN's help and illegally cast a second vote, this time choosing Pinkie.

And I wear my baseball cap to the side, sucka.

Hmmm.... Barack Obama has a large lead in the polling. There is just no stopping those existence-challenged zombie voters from his home town.

Okay, Comrade Pinkie, I see your point. For the most part you have my vote, and the reason is that this past year, there have been many times when you and your shovel were Pinkie on the spot to discipline those out of line. But, to get my vote, you must pass the green test, like the woman who spoke to Lord Monckton about her devotion to global warming (see People's Cube post by Obamugabe here).

1. When you attend all climate related conferences, do you wear a red scarf and gloves along with a green jacket (as did the comrade who spoke to Lord Monckton), to show your allegiance to both the red and the green?

2. Do you compost even the old maids at the bottom of your popcorn bowl?

3. Do you have Comrade Gore's book in a place of honor?

4. Have you told your children that there are no twinkling Christmas lights this year in order to save the planet?

5. Do you launder your scarf in cold water only?

How green are you?

Pinkie answers Leninka's questions in Global Gore Green.

1. When you attend all climate related conferences, do you wear a red scarf and gloves along with a green jacket (as did the comrade who spoke to Lord Monckton), to show your allegiance to both the red and the green?

Is the Pope green Catholic? Is a bean green? I mean a French cut string bean? Is Al Gore green?

2. Do you compost even the old maids at the bottom of your popcorn bowl?

I use specially imported gourmet organic popcorn that's been engineered so that all kernels pop equally. BTW, I think it's high time we came up with a more sensitive, politically correct term for those kernels that never get a bang.

3. Do you have Comrade Gore's book in a place of honor?

If by "place of honor" you mean underneath the corner of the living room sofa where the foot is missing, then yes.

4. Have you told your children that there are no twinkling Christmas lights this year in order to save the planet?

Yes, but when they started crying, I told them it was all Bush's fault and they immediately felt better.

5. Do you launder your scarf in cold water only?

My scarf has never left my head since the day I removed it from around the neck of the dying Che to wipe my nose with it as I knelt over his bullet-riddled body. Afterward I tied it around my head and it's been there ever since.

BTW, I think it's high time we came up with a more sensitive, politically correct term for those kernels that never get a bang.

Maize Malaise.

Now if we can only come up with a term for nutless peanut shells.

Excellent answers, Comrade Pinkie! Excellent!

I was especially touched by where you keep the Goracle's book, which saves and keeps capitalist dollars from going into the bank account of evil oil companies. And your answer about the scarf surpassed my expectations. So, Comrade Pinkie, you have my vote for the Progressive of the year.

Hail Pinkie! You have my vote!

Why, thank you, Leninka. In the meantime, I found all these ballots out in my garage, and in the interests of democracy would like to add them to the count:

And as for you, Snoogie, I've about had it with you. You think I don't know where you're going with your reactionary shenanigans? After insulting me with the kitchen and the laundry, all that remains after this is for you to post a picture of a moose with instructions for me to shoot it, dress it, and turn it into patties for dinner. Now give me your vote or I'll use my shovel to make a Snoogie patty instead.

Your welcome, Comrade Pinkie,

However, I have a suggestion. Even if you end up being the winner of the contest, we still must think of the runners up. So, I'm nominating Barney Frank for the following reasons:

1. He is a back door specialist. He helped craft a brilliant back door Health Care Bill, in order to funnel everyone into the Public Option. He has also, with stealth, just last Friday, gotten the House to pass a 1300 page finance bill that transfers more power over banks and other financial institutions to our Dear Leader.

2. He claims a rare duel status as being both an oppressor and a member of an oppressed group.

3. He talks like Elmer Fudd.

Laika the Space Dog wrote:
Now if we can only come up with a term for nutless peanut shells.

Nutless peanut shells = "Carters." Or, "Stimunuts".

Leninka wrote:Excellent answers, Comrade Pinkie! Excellent!

I was especially touched by where you keep the Goracle's book, which saves and keeps capitalist dollars from going into the bank account of evil oil companies. And your answer about the scarf surpassed my expectations. So, Comrade Pinkie, you have my vote for the Progressive of the year.

Hail Pinkie! You have my vote!

Yes, Pinkie has clearly won the question and answer session. Obama was very disappointing in this arena; his answers were almost incoherent and littered with hesitancy and stuttering (not to mention "uh's" and "um's".) And all the while he was constantly looking around the room, like he was trying to read his answers off the walls or something. Very strange.

On the other hand, Obama has scored a hit with the judges (Chris Matthews, Maureen Dowd and Keith Olberman) in the swimsuit competition:

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Why, thank you, Leninka. In the meantime, I found all these ballots out in my garage, and in the interests of democracy would like to add them to the count:

Hmmm.... votes from The Dallas Cowboys, Karl and Groucho Marx and J. Edgar Hoover-Vacuum???? If you weren't a progressive, these would be very suspicious.

Opiate of the People wrote:
On the other hand, Obama has scored a hit with the judges (Chris Matthews, Maureen Dowd and Keith Olberman) in the swimsuit competition:

Oh, so there's also a swimsuit competition? Very well, I dug (and dug . . . and dug . . .) very deep into The People's Archives to find similar photos of yours truly from the time Nadezhda threw a slumber party and gave me a makeover:

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=2146

Image <br>Also, Red Square claims this is Nadezhda, but it's really me. That shovel is to me what the third nipple is to Scaramanga.

Now that's some shovel wielding talent!

Leninka wrote:Now that's some shovel wielding talent!

I agree, very nice, Pinkie. We will have to check the Matthews Leg-o-meter for tingle quotient but you may have taken over the lead.

Meanwhile, every contestant should thank their lucky Obamas that this formidable contender did not choose to enter.....

BTW, I noticed that the OTHER category in the poll has been replaced with Pinkie's name. This means that the votes that were previously cast for Gaia, Soros, et al will now go to Pinkie. All I can say to someone who would attempt such underhanded treachery is "Good work! You have demonstrated the finest qualities of a true Progressive."

I voted first for Pinkie because her enormous.... shovel somehow manages to transcend space and time, and is somewhat beyond my ability to control and dodge (there are reasons I built the wormhole over Norway. First for Chairman O to speak with Comrade Lenin, second so I could have an escape route from Pinkie's shovel).

Meanwhile the good Commodore raises a point. There is laundry and dishes to be done, and yet nobody is doing them. Since Pinkie's enormous something or another also transcends gender roles, I propose Commodore Snoogie Woogums for KP Czar.

For Pinkie and Her Glorious Victory!

Let her be Celebrated.
Raise The Awareness!

Announcement

The Progressive of the Year Award Committee is proud to announce that the Proggy Award for 2009 goes to....

President Barack Obama!

The Committee wishes it to be known they realize that Pinkie got more votes and they value the fine progressive cheating that went on in her behalf. However, the Committee deems Barack Obama as an unprecedented historic figure and a member of an oppressed minority group and since the Committee is a proud supporter of Affirmative Action, it would be unfair to pass over Obama in light of all the good he might do for his country some day and besides the Committee members could never go to another upscale cocktail party if they didn't pick Obama after the Nobel Committee did. Anyway, they figure Hillary got over it so Pinkie will too. I tried to tell them that Hillary didn't know how to use a pick and shovel whereas Pinkie does but they said, "Nonsense, Pinkie won't mind taking one for the team." Then they said they'd make it up to her by offering her a plum job like Barrack did for Hillary, maybe putting Pinkie in charge of Commodore Snoogie Woogums' bathwater. (At least I thought they said "plum job" but they might have said "dumb job".) Anyway, Pinkie, I tried real hard to get them to change their minds but they said they had to go to Copenhagen for some global warming related orgy conference and they all took off in their private jets. So anyway, congratulations to President Barrack Obama on his winning the 2009 Proggy and now I have to leave in a big hurry, Al Gore wants me to bring him some ice to help re-freeze the North Pole. Okay, I'm coming Al! Gotta run....

OPIATE!!!

YOU STINK! YOU'RE A STINKER, AND YOU STINK!

WHACK!!!

And let us make no mistake this time. I will not tell you to remove that broken vacuum tube from your mouth, because I made darn sure this time it's not your mouth it's sticking out of.

Obama has let down his base by going into the enemy camp to announce a surge that is sure to fail just as the last one did. In the meantime, where's my free money? My free gas? My free mortgage?

I AM A VICTIM!!! Anyone who doesn't vote for me is sexist. And Pinkieist. And they hate shovels and want millions of people and polar bears to die. There simply can't be any other reason for not making me Progressive of the Year.

I demand a recount of all ballots. Only this time around, the tally will include dimpled chads next to my name, except for those ballots from military personnel overseas. Those ballots will have to be eliminated because of blurry postmarks, wrong dates, and illegible signatures, though we can overlook those discrepancies if the voters voted for me.

For let us never forget: This is a democracy and every vote counts--except when it doesn't.

Pinkie, for an incredibly low price, I can create another temporal wormhole over Norway... or any other location for you so that you can go back and ensure you win the Proggy.

A terrible miss-carriage of justice. A recount must be called for.
Hanging Chads must be counted.
Commissarka Pinkie is the winner beyond any doubt.

Yes. Yes another worm hole for Commissarka Pinkie

Oh, great, shoot the messenger (just a figure of speech, please put rifles away.)

Come now, everyone knows what Party doctrine is on these issues:
1) In case of a tie, Barack Obama is declared the winner
2) Barack Obama needs only to get 40% of the vote in order to achieve a tie
3) Just to be safe, we might have to give Barack Obama the benefit of the doubt if he achieves 25% or more of the vote
4) If Barack Obama fails to achieve at least 25% of the vote, the election is considered racist and will be protested by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson

Pinkie, the Party is disappointed in you. If you expected equal treatment under the law or something, you should have become a racist conservative and not a proud Progressive. I'm so glad Hillary is no longer alive to see this shameful lack of compassion and... oh, wait she's not gone, just forgotten. Never mind.

It seems that there has been a bit of behind the scenes shenanigans regarding the vote count. It is obvious with Pinkies whining, sniveling and hissy fits coupled along with threats of violence if she didn't her spoiled rotten way, plus the fact that she is claiming she is a victim of a rotten sexist plot, and all of this rolled into to one.

It is obvious to me;

That Pinkie is the PERFECT PROG and actually deserves the prestigious honor. Though I have to take into account that she actually put forth some hard effort and .......gag have to say the 'W' word now ..... really tried to work for it

Therefore maybe DISQUALIFYING herself from the title?

Is it because 'The Proggie of the year' is given to a superior prog because he or she deserves to have it handed to him because he has really accomplished NOTHING in his life that deserves real merit, other than living off gimmies from the Government?

Perhaps that was the reasoning behind the committees decision. As soon as opiate is out of intensive care at the Radio Shack we might have a few more answers on this.

I do hope the recount goes forward and that justice will prevail and my little beet lips wins after all. Though it seems we might have a little down time as the lawyers file their briefs and cite obscure law to ensure the theft of this election was 'Legitimate'.

Therefore my proggie babe of my dreams, Pinkie.......I'd like you to see an 'old friend' that I'm sure you know how to use to help you occupy your time until this is resolved.

And no worries my sweet socialist petunia if this goes on for along time I'll introduce you to Mr. Lawnmower next.

P.S: Please switch the carpet settings on the vac from flat to..........."shag" ............ when you make to my bedroom.

Commodore Snoogie Woogums wrote: That Pinkie is the PERFECT PROG and actually deserves the prestigious honor. Though I have to take into account that she actually put forth some hard effort and .......gag have to say the 'W' word now ..... really tried to work for it

Therefore maybe DISQUALIFYING herself from the title?

Is it because 'The Proggie of the year' is given to a superior prog because he or she deserves to have it handed to him because he has really accomplished NOTHING in his life that deserves real merit, other than living off gimmies from the Government?

Commodore, your perspicaciousness is only exceeded by your ability to incite shovel-wielding commissarkas to violence.

As you imply, the concept of "merit" is anathema to progressives. If society allowed its benefits and rewards to flow to members based on merit, this would be unfair and unjust. The abled, talented and hardest workers would receive the lion's share of the fruits of their labors and the angry, disgruntled and lazy would have little. It's like letting a footrace be run by the fastest runner; the athlete with natural ability who trains the hardest and puts forth extra effort is the most likely to win. Where's the sport in that? The fat, slow contestants who have little interest in training and would rather watch TV and drink beer also deserve to win a race, but this cannot happen if we always award the prizes to those who cross the finish line first.

No, progressivism is about letting the best and brightest of society, the Party elite, decide who should recieve what and how much. That way, they can ensure FairnessTM, EqualityTM and Social JusticeTM as well as guaranteeing they remain in power by dint their ability to hand out goodies to cronies.

Yes, Pinkie worked the hardest to win the Proggy but she has very little to offer the awards committee in terms of patronage or bribes. Barack Obama was declared the winner in deference to the hope that Obama may hand the committee a few million stimulus bucks like he did for Hillary pollster Mark Penn his struggle to overcome the legacy of slavery and disadvantages of growing up in an urban underpriviledged environment. The Committee simply could not ignore the historic nature of Barack Obama's slush fund achievement and give the award to Pinkie.

Now, I must head back to Radio Shack. They have located a 1964 Trabant in a Gdansk junkyard and the radio may have some tubes that still work.

Pinkie has bribed me (ok hasn't yet, but my computers say she will in the future, or some future anyway) to create another wormhole and send you back to 1964 after radio tubes for your Trabant Comrade Opiate. Perhaps you would care to take a step out your back door?