CCCP 1 (3CP1) On Your Dial: Do Not Adjust Your Set!

Don't touch that dial, Americans! We have program for you!

When a mammoth Soviet satellite infringes on the tiny SCTV orbiter (complete with hot dog rotisserie), the network is taken over by CCCP1, or "3CP1 on your dial, Russian Television." Russian programming to America is then beamed by The People's Cube predecessors from 1981-82 season of SCTV (Second City Television) in Canada (NBC in the US). The program includes:

1. Today Is Moscow: Ivan and Valeri welcome new viewers in Melonville. Valeri has new shoes. Irena has the G.U.M. Report: the home dentistry drill. The minicam motor burns out.
  2. Uposcrabblenyk: Anna comes up with a 28 letter word for dog, but loses on a technicality. The prize: qualifying for an earlier delivery date for a Russian automobile.
  3. What Fits Into Russia: Felix Dzerzhinsky puts Argentina, Australia, and Texas into Russia, laughing at how tiny they appear against the glorious vastness of the Motherland.
  4. Hey Giorgy Promo: Giorgy helps the good people of Russia.
  5. Strelnokoff Vodka Commercial: Strelnokoff, when work is done (to an old Miller Beer jingle.)
  6. Tibor's Tractor Promo: Tibor's Tractor that helped him receive an award for farming the most wheat turns out to be Kruschev reincarnated.

EMBEDDED VIDEO NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Ah Red, that brought back memories. I remember the Fits into Russia show the best. One can hardly wait till the Coronation and programming begins in earnest....

Outstanding! I was just thinking of this old Second City episode the other day, wishing that what passes for comedy on TV today could match it. Thanks for finding and posting it. Which reminds me: somebody keep the damn Uzbecks away from my brain jar!

Red Square wrote:...When a mammoth Soviet satellite infringes on the tiny SCTV orbiter (complete with hot dog rotisserie), the network is taken over by CCCP1, or "3CP1 on your dial, Russian Television." Russian programming to America is then beamed by The People's Cube predecessors from 1981-82 season of SCTV (Second City Television) in Canada (NBC in the US).

That is absolutely beautiful, comrade Red! I remember as a youngster being able to tune in to the Kannadian SCTV broadcast directly from our humble dacha in northwest Montanastan. After some time, however, the broadcasts ceased for some reason (Uzbeks)...

Oh, well. Fond memories indeed.

-Mikhail

Nope! It was the Uzbeks! Damn them!

At least it wasn't the Azerbaijanis!

--
ZB

Tibor's Tractor brings back fond memories of My Mother The Car.

I prefer the Cartoon's.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/w_rgHTEn27k&r ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

UPDATE:

Last night YouTube removed the video, after 7 month on the air. It was the only CCC1 video on the Web, it was seen by more than 10,000 people and had many interesting comments. They sent me this email:

YouTube wrote:Dear Member:
This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by The Second City claiming that this material is infringing:

CCCP1 (3CP1 from SCTV) 1983:

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Center to access the instructions.

Be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in your country if you make a false or bad faith allegation of copyright infringement by using this process.
Sincerely,
YouTube, Inc.

I wrote them back:
Red Square wrote:Dear YouTube staff,

Can you please provide the email address of the person who contacted you on behalf of The Second City? That video was a vintage compilation and I would like to ask The Second City for a special permission to post it on our site wich does comedy very much in the spirit of their CCCP1 episode. This video popularized their work among the audiences that otherwise may never have seen it.

In case I get such a permission, can the video be restored with all the comments and statistics, or is everything lost once the video is removed?

Thank you,
Red Square

Oh. we can only hope reason will prevail! Dear Lenin.... not much chance of that is there?

UPDATE # 2:

YouTube didn't respond, so I uploaded the video to the Cube server. If SCTV contacts me about it I'll be happy to talk with them.

W007!!1!

That was funny and kinda scary....