University of Wisconsin-Madison Enters New Era of Equality

Privilege_Prejudice.jpg
The University of Wisconsin - Madison has struck a great blow for equality.

Not only will the color of one's skin be the only consideration for admission to popular programs and individual classes; now "historically underrepresented racial/ethnic" students will be awarded "equitable" grades.

Next Tuesday is peeking around the corner!

Reveling in the Equality of the Current Truth,
Red Salmon

Does this mean in-state tuition rates for personages of color too? I remember Wisconsin in the mid '70s, if not for the children of the army recruiters, it looked (to borrow a phrase) "ethnically cleansed"

Comrades, I have stated before ( https://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog ... 12629.html ) and I am obligated to say it again, that sort of thing only happens on the "other side" of campus.

The College of Engineering for the Glory and Benefit of the People has no time for such counter-revolutionary nonsense. "Privilege" and "sensitivity" count for toad squat when working with steel 500 feet up.

Comrade Lev Termen,

How long do you think feel that such a situation will be allowed to exist? When will you have a Consensus of Equality to better mainstream “historically underrepresented racial/ethnic” students? After all, what value are your so called 'scientific principles' if they do not promote social justice? I denounce you for your intellectual elitism. I denounce myself for typing a phrase like 'scientific principles'. Maintaining the Current Truth, Red Salmon

I've always argued that Masters degrees and PhDs should be awarded to minority newborns at the hospital along with their birth certificates. A matched set, so to speak. As an adjunct to this policy I've also recommended that all government officials and employees of the bureaucracy seek expert testimony as well as all medical attention from these "qualified minorities" to show their support for such a program. Why has this taken so long to implement?

Red Salmon wrote:How long do you think feel that such a situation will be allowed to exist? When will you have a Consensus of Equality to better mainstream “historically underrepresented racial/ethnic” students? After all, what value are your so called 'scientific principles' if they do not promote social justice? I denounce you for your intellectual elitism. I denounce myself for typing a phrase like 'scientific principles'. Maintaining the Current Truth, Red Salmon

Comrade Salmon,

a) As long as people continue to prefer driving over safe bridges.
b) When randomly selected idiots can pass the Differential Equations and Thermodynamics courses.
c) See (a) above.

I denounce Buck Obama for promulgating the canard that ability and hard-won knowledge can be given freely to anyone.

Maintaining the Bridges year-round, Lev Termen

Comrade Lev Termen,

Prog off: You obviously never had the joy of riding on an Aeroflot aircraft inside the Soviet Union. Nor did you see the lovely construction in some parts of the country. It was magnificent in its poor engineering. But I'm sure it was all ideologically correct.

As far as maintaining standards in science and engineering goes, I thank you from the bottom of my fishy heart.

Prog on: People prefer social justice to safety! Or they should........

Red Salmon

The magnitude scale dates back to the second century B.C., when the Greek astronomer Hipparchus rankedstereotyped and profiled the naked-eye stars into six groups. The brightest most privileged stars were categorized as first magnitude. The next brightest stars were labeled second magnitude, and so on, down to the faintest disadvantaged minority stars visible to the naked eye, which were classified as sixth magnitude. The range one (brightest) through six (faintest) spanned all the stars known to the ancients. Notice that a large magnitude means a faint star. Astronomy needs a little dose of "representational equity". The larger magnitude needs to be the brightest star. Don't hate. Don't discriminate.

Since I am thought criminal assigned to the Peoples Gulag of Minnesota, I would like to cite our famous 35W bridge collapse incident as it relates to liabilities of professionals. In 2007, the Cold Blue State of Minnesota Department of Transportation (or CBSMNDOT as we like to call it) was working on that bridge. They had it loaded with construction materials, and still open to traffic. But the cause of the collapse was determined to be the undersized gusset plates that hold the trusses together. So you see how awarding unqualified individuals college degrees for disciplines they are not qualified for is in the best interest of the government. The blame rolls downhill until the ones at the bottom get stuck paying the lawsuit.

None of us will be free until historically underrepresented minorities receive equitable jobs at the time of graduation, not just equitable grades!

Comrades, it is rare when I do come from the Lurking Shadows, but it is even rarer when I read a fine spot of Current Truthreported by our hard working forced to perform to unrealistic standards that do not factor upon their race/color/creed/sexual preference/hair style/horoscope comrades that causes me to become speechless.

Bravo, Red Salmon, for bringing this to our collective attention, and bravo UW-Madison for bringing us one step closer to the Glorious World of Next Tuesday!

Clearly it was a privileged and elite individual that composed the sign. Why else would all the paper used be on white paper and black ink?

I wholeheartedly agree with Captain Craptek! We must issue advanced degree's to minorities and break the cycle!

Oh dear Lenin...Comrade, when you agree with the squirrel it only encourages him.
Guard your nuts...

Kelly Ivanovna/келя ивановна wrote:None of us will be free until historically underrepresented minorities receive equitable jobs at the time of graduation, not just equitable grades!
JOBS!?!? No one is free if we have to work in order to be given our basic human rights to Healthcare, contraceptive chems, wages, homes, Edjacajun, phones, and every other thing we want in the world.

Thought Sheriff, once again voxplains what all right left non-criminal groupthinking citizens of the World of Next Teusday are groupthinking.

mambome wrote:Thought Sheriff, once again voxplains what all right left non-criminal groupthinking citizens of the World of Next Teusday are groupthinking.
Thank yo...oh, wait....was that a compliment? Should I be offended?

Thought Sheriff wrote:
mambome wrote:Thought Sheriff, once again voxplains what all right left non-criminal groupthinking citizens of the World of Next Teusday are groupthinking.
Thank yo...oh, wait....was that a compliment? [highlight=#ffff00]Should I be offended?[/highlight]
We must always be offended. This is a primary weapon in the People's Struggle™ for equality, diversity, and whateverity. FORWARD!