The truth is now current

[img]/images/Current_Truth_Header.jpg[/img]

Comrades! It seems that even our enemies at the National Review have grown to realize the nature of the Current Truth:

Reality Is Now Discretionary

Exchanges established by the federal government are exchanges established by the state. Rachel Dolezal is black. Iran will honor an agreement not to develop nuclear weapons. ISIS is a JV team. There's an epidemic of sexual assaults on college campuses. Michael Brown had his hands up and pleaded “don't shoot.” Caitlyn Jenner is a woman. Obamacare is working. 2+2 doesn't necessarily equal 4. The polar ice caps are disappearing. The IRS is doing a decent job. The border is secure.We've ended two wars responsibly. Hillary Clinton turned over all work-related e-mails. An $18,200,000,000,000 debt can grow without mention. People who burn down buildings and overturn cars aren't thugs. The OPM hack is manageable. We've reset relations with Russia. Entitlement reform can be kicked down the road. We're more respected around the world.

When a nation engages in mass delusion in an era of worldwide terrorism, intense competition, and nuclear proliferation, things are unlikely to end well.
That means, comrades that the Glorious World of Next Tuesday is around the corner!

Comrade Director, it is also noteworthy that a CONFEDERATE flag is offensive, but a Gay Pride Rainbow flag above a US Embassy is acceptable.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/06/1 ... in-israel/

<Prog off>

It's actually gotten to the point where I wonder 'Which flag would receive the most outcry? The Confederate Battle Flag, the Israeli Flag, or the ISIS flag?'

And then I remember:

Komrades, among the kurrent truths out there is this one:Image

Comrade Sovremennyy wrote:<Prog off>

It's actually gotten to the point where I wonder 'Which flag would receive the most outcry? The Confederate Battle Flag, the Israeli Flag, or the ISIS flag?'

And then I remember:

<prog off>

With all due respect, Comrade Sovremennyy,

The American Flag is next!

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/06/24/farrakhan-i-dont-get-debate-over-confederate-flag-we-need-to-put-the-american-flag-down/

But then, I know you already knew that.

Pamalinsky wrote:
Comrade Sovremennyy wrote:<Prog off>

And then I remember:

<prog off>

With all due respect, Comrade Sovremennyy,

The American Flag is next!

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/06/24/farrakhan-i-dont-get-debate-over-confederate-flag-we-need-to-put-the-american-flag-down/

But then, I know you already knew that.

Dear Komrade Pamalinski! The plan was set in motion decades ago!

Liberalism 101 Lesson 28:

Liberal organizations are all charged with advancing our progressive agenda but the masses are notorious for failing to understand that we labor only for their own good.

Therefore we must wrap the names of these organizations in sheep's clothing with things like the American flag (a representation of the evil, hatred, and racism of America which we will use to our advantage until such time we can dispense with it). We will use names like “People for the American Way” or “American Civil Liberties Union” or “Campaign for America's Future” and issue vague and flowery literature and keep peasantry lulled into complacency so as to diminish opposition.

Pamalinsky wrote:How's about The Chamber of Commerce?
Dear Komrade Pamalinski! The Soviet has infiltrated the Chamber of Commerce with enough useful idiots to ensure legions of undocumented voters!

It always has been "discretionary," Comrade Red Square, although that is not the word normally used by the Intelligentsia of the current dominant philosophical paradigm.

That paradigm is Postmodernism, it is thoroughly Marxist in its origins as well as its dogma, and one of its foundational truths is that there is no such thing as objective Reality.

This idea didn't originate with Marx. He got it from an earlier philosopher named Hegel, who, in turn, got it from Immanuel Kant -- each making his own subtle changes to the idea of just what is, and is not, Reality.

And so we come down through the 20th Century's pantheon of "thinkers" to today's view, among the Intelligensia, that Reality is a construct, something internal that is created by one's mind (or, actually, by a collective of minds) and is therefore completely unrelated to anything that is outside of oneself.

And not only is Reality a "construct," it differs depending on one's race, gender, class and culture (which in theory are "equal" in importance but which, in practice, some are found to be "more equal" than the others). In other words, it is not defined by an individual using his senses and reason; it is decided by one's tribe and is determined by consensus.

This is why, in my own field (Climate Science) which is thoroughly Postmodern, actual temperatures taken in the 1930's and 1940's are not relevant. If the consensus is that "2014 (and soon -- watch for it -- 2015) is the hottest year on record" -- then the records of the 1930's, '40s and 50's must be adjusted downward to conform with Reality. Which is precisely what we have been doing.

This has been Current Truth in the U.S. ever since Marxists took over the Academe in the 1950's. The National Review, being a "conservative" (whatever that might mean) publication, is just now starting to realize this.

It's nothing new to a Marxist or a Postmodernist. Or to someone who is neither, but has studied both.

Great Stalin's Ghost reminded me of something a wise Cubist once uttered when he shared what Zippy the Pinhead wrote:"REALITY IS A SANDWICH I DID NOT ORDER!"

Zippy meets Theo.jpg

This quote was from 2007 and can be found here.

"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy." -1984, George Orwell

Image When my students would tell me that their other professors insisted there was no objective reality, I suggested an experiment: take away the professors' paychecks or add courses to their teaching loads, and then tell them to construct their own paychecks and course loads -- and see whether they truly believed in constructing one's own reality.

Konservative_Punk wrote:
Great Stalin's Ghost reminded me of something a wise Cubist once uttered when he shared what Zippy the Pinhead wrote:"REALITY IS A SANDWICH I DID NOT ORDER!"

Zippy meets Theo.jpg

Excellent research, Konservative_Punk! Father Prog Theocritus certainly had a way with words! Those words echo through our brains, what's left of them, every day! Nice to hear him quoted again.

RedDiaperette wrote:Image When my students would tell me that their other professors insisted there was no objective reality, I suggested an experiment: take away the professors' paychecks or add courses to their teaching loads, and then tell them to construct their own paychecks and course loads -- and see whether they truly believed in constructing one's own reality.

I prefer to punch them in the nose and then ask them "Who constructed that reality? You or me?"

It's quite the philosophical conundrum. Or is that paradox? Perhaps it's a dilemma.

I'll tell you this much: it's dangerous to ask questions like that. It leads to thought. And we can have none of that!

If truth is relative, does that mean that all your relatives are honest?

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:If truth is relative, does that mean that all your relatives are honest?

Ha! Ha! Kapitan KK!

<prog off>

I have some relatives who I now beg to not "think." Please! No thinking allowed! Next thing I know they will be explaining their thinking. Very Common Core. I usually pass out when they do this. It really does effect my balance. I just can't take it.

Way back in the day (I don't recall exactly what day that was because I really hate this meaningless expression)

However, today, a day in my life, is expressed, pretty well by the ancient tune, "A Day in the Life" sung by the Beatles way back in the day.

Comrades, can you tell the difference between the two time periods? I don't think I can.

Konservative_Punk wrote:

Zippy meets Theo.jpg

“Modern Liberalism is the effort to divorce consequences from actions.” –Father Prog Theocritus

In other words, “Cause and effect are now invalid. The science is settled.” –Pamalinsky