The People's Patreon?

POLL: Should we the Cube have a Patreon?

You may select up to 2 options

Ok,

A serious post here.

I have read many posts where the issue of keeping this website running has been mentioned.

Although I understand we have a donate feature, and this website runs ads, I still think we can benefit from a Patreon. I've seen many people on the internet use it, and it really seems to work, as there are many creators (people you donate to), and/or patrons (you who donate) on there using it. In my opinion, an enjoyable side effect is that random people browsing about can discover us through there.

Place your vote in the poll above, and post any thoughts in the reply section below.

Comrade,

Marx is our patreon - and don't forget it! I recommend you pack warm clothing and a sharp shovel. You may need it sooner than you think. (the shovel, that is) Just sayin...

CC

Captain Craptek wrote:Comrade,

Marx is our patreon - and don't forget it! I recommend you pack warm clothing and a sharp shovel. You may need it sooner than you think. (the shovel, that is) Just sayin...

CC

Sooner than I think? My dear, aren't we all shovel-ready? So technically I'll need it all the time; to think you implied I forgot the shove...

Anyways, you have a point, but ever had the nagging feeling Marx, who IS our patron, is getting his money from a Patreon?

The people's Anthony Sullivan wrote:

CC

Sooner than I think? My dear, aren't we all shovel-ready? So technically I'll need it all the time; to think you implied I forgot the shove...

Anyways, you have a point, but [highlight=#ffff00]ever had the nagging feeling Marx, who IS our patron, is getting his money from a Patreon?[/highlight]

Constantly, but a supplementary Jiffy-LoboTM clears away that "feeling" nicely.

Captain Craptek wrote:
The people's Anthony Sullivan wrote:

CC

Anyways, you have a point, but ever had the nagging feeling Marx, who IS our patron, is getting his money from a Patreon?

Constantly, but a supplementary Jiffy-LoboTM clears away that "feeling" nicely.

And/or mind detergent; NEVER forget that. This obedience intelligence is what earned you a faculty position at our State-approved University. Wear your faculty status with pride at all times, even if you are but the students' dietician.

The people's Anthony Sullivan wrote:Anyways, you have a point, but ever had the nagging feeling Marx, who IS our patron, is getting his money from a Patreon?

Don't we already have a Friedrich Engels Memorial Slush Fund from which to fund our glorious kollektiv?

Imperatorskiy Pingvin wrote:
The people's Anthony Sullivan wrote:Anyways, you have a point, but ever had the nagging feeling Marx, who IS our patron, is getting his money from a Patreon?

Don't we already have a Friedrich Engels Memorial Slush Fund from which to fund our glorious kollektiv?

Must be drying up. Otherwise there is no reason for these Neo-Kulaks in need of liquidation to camp here.

Comrades, have we forgotten our Marxist agenda? We must seize the means of production and force the masses to share their wealth with us. However, in the meantime, those useful idiots who are willing to share their wealth should be encouraged to do so.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Comrades, have we forgotten our Marxist agenda? We must seize the means of production and force the masses to share their wealth with us. However, in the meantime, those useful idiots who are willing to share their wealth should be encouraged to do so.

We haven't (well, at least I haven't). It's always on our (at least on my) mind.

Red Square wrote:

Many were too wary of joining, long before I wrote this post, for reasons like this. I can't say I'll be surprised if we get removed for "political reasons" (what those who have been removed have said the reason for removal was said to them for), but I couldn't not entertain the thought that there may be some hope for us, seeing some have miraculously made it on there...