The Many Types of Free Speech

Extreme_Speech_Mohammed.jpg
According to the third pic panel above, there are two basic types of free speech: extreme free speech and unextreme free speech. (The pictures at the link may have changed by now)

Extreme free speech was the only type of speech used at Pamela Geller's American Freedom Defense Initiative's Muhammad cartoon contest Sunday, and that includes "Where are the restrooms?" and "Do you have the time?"

At the other end of the spectrum we have unextreme free speech. For example, when a person says, "Nice day, huh?" or "Think it might rain?"

Between these two extremes are a variety of types of free speech permissible for certain situations.

Examples:

• Free speech at the shoe or clothing store: "Do you have this in my size?"

• Free speech at the takeout window: "Two burgers and a thick shake, please. Hold the mustard!"

• Free speech at a public restroom: "You over there, there's no toilet paper over here, can you hand me a bunch?"

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dedhedvedev wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong.
Ah... Dehedvedev. This is why the Party has employed me and my trusty Party approved saw. Do you like mustard with tongue?

Free speech for me (Allahu Akbar) but not for thee. So shut the f*** up and pay the jizya. Otherwise you will hurt my tender, easily bruised feelings.

[quote="Dedhedvedev]Free speech at a public restroom: "You over there, there's no toilet paper over here, can you hand me a bunch?"[/quote]

One must be very careful with this kind of free speech or one may end up being arrested for soliciting inappropriate physical contact.

As Dear departed kamrade Vladimir Lenin so eloquently said:

"It is true that liberty is precious — so precious that it must be rationed."