Google algorithm mislabels black Americans

google_algorithm.jpg
Comrades,

Could Rethuglikkkan racists have penetrated the Google defense perimeter?

“Jacky Alcine, a 21-year old programmer who lives in Brooklyn, N.Y., was checking out his Google Photos account last night when he saw that the service had automatically generated a folder titled “Gorillas.” It contained nothing but pictures of him and a friend that he had taken in 2013.”

Alcine said that as of Monday evening, the issue had largely been addressed, though he noted, “there's still complications with the hands obscuring the face causing it to still match to the gorilla tag. Chimp gives results as well (but not chimpanzee).”

When alerted to the error, Google provided a solution to the problem within hours and issued an immediate mea culpa. “We're appalled and genuinely sorry that this happened,” a Google representative told Yahoo Tech.

“We are taking immediate action to prevent this type of result from appearing. There is still clearly a lot of work to do with automatic image labeling, and we're looking at how we can prevent these types of mistakes from happening in the future,” the spokesperson added.
In a related story:

It's a Girl! Baby Gorilla at Massachusetts Zoo

Employees of the Franklin Park Zoo still deny they were searching through pictures of their new gorilla baby, Kiki, using Google Images, and were stunned to discover the following image description:

African American mother gives birth to baby girl at Franklin Park Zoo

Obviously, there's still more work to be done.

Since Google is a good progressive company, their apology will be accepted. Then they write a nice, fat check of contrition to the DNC. All will be forgotten.

And, here I thought Al Gore Rhythms was how Komrade Gore contacted Laika the Space Dog...

obamashooting gorrila .jpg
From what I understand, Dear Leader Obama was slightly confused about the topic and has gone hunting once again, just like he always does, in hopes of bagging a proper meal for the family.

Red Walrus wrote:
From what I understand, Dear Leader Obama was slightly confused about the topic and has gone hunting once again, just like he always does, in hopes of bagging a proper meal for the family.

You know what that means... fresh canine will be the menu tonight at the White House!

Konservative_Punk wrote:
Red Walrus wrote:

You know what that means... fresh canine will be the menu tonight at the White House!
Komrades! I think being as confused as a hungry baby in a topless bar is a bit more than slight but there's something to be said for a fresh bowl of poodle soup...