Peeing Lenin statue promises free drinks for the masses

Lenin_Pissing_Statue_Poland_600.jpg
A Polish town has recreated a statue of Vladimir Lenin, but with an unexpected twist: the leader of the world's toiling masses is shooting out a stream in what can appropriately be described as the People's Fountain of The Glorious World of Next Tuesday.

New Polish Fountain Portrays a Peeing Vladimir Lenin

The new Lenin statue, which is tinted a radioactive hue of yellow-green, has been installed as part of a local art festival, and is called Fountain of the Future. The water feature is designed to make it look as though the communist leader is relieving himself.

Allegedly, the statue's creators, who include artist Bartosz Szydlowski, hope that the temporary installation of the irreverent post-Soviet monument will help the town decide on a permanent statue for the location. Szydlowski also told the Telegraph that the urinating Lenin statue should help change Nowa Huta's reputation as a “grey and gloomy" town, highlighting residents' “sense of humor."

Lenin_Pissing_Statue_Poland_258.jpg
Let's call it a massive comic relief.

Of course, the leader of the proletariat is not always firehosing like a superhero, he can also be modest and rather democratically slow down his stream to the level of the average toiling worker and peasant.

Notice the concentrated look on his face: the Leader of the World Revolution seems to care very much about what he does and how he does it.

That reminds us of Dear Leader Obama's upturned face with his half-closed eyes focusing on the invisible stars above whenever he is on stage, as if he is mentally peeing into the audience.

And the audience is basking in the imaginary mighty currents as if it's the legendary fountain of youth - the only part of his Affordable Health Care that actually works. Which gives a whole new meaning to the words "healthcare package."

Below is our 2008 proposal for a statuary project commemorating Obama's "Fountain of Youth" healthcare plan, adopted only a few years later.

But wait, there's more! If you sign up within the next 5 minutes, you'll get one free visit to Michelle Obama's Health Spa and Mineral Springs Resort.

In related news, Obama Illustrates Healthcare Reform by Peeing in the Pool

Great News Komrade Komissar! His Holiness Lenin shall be very pleased in that big USSR in the sky. And not only that, he's also green this time! Instead of being gray and black like in the past filled with the smoke of Kapitalist industry, He's being green and nice just like the New Revolution and The Holy Order of Progressives and Marxists. He also looks like grass, which is very nice for the landscape and the view, though I'd opt for a few small hedges or other topiaries spaced evenly around the front of the house with a few native trees and small, well-kept bushes in the back of the house.

Although, and not to insult His Holiness, but from where I'm sitting it doesn't look like he's relieving himself, it looks like he's -ahem- "Relieving" himself.

This may well be the source of the famed Leninade.

If life serves you a Lenin...

mi
Commic relief? Commie relief?

Red Square wrote:This may well be the source of the famed Leninade.

If life serves you Lenin, Make a Revolution, and try to find somebody who's life has given them Vodka and create a government.

(Special thanks to Ron White for shameless use of a portion of one of his quotes)

mi wrote:
Commic relief? Commie relief?

Image Commie Relief?

ronald_reagan_values.png

There's some commie relief for ya.

mi wrote:Commie relief?
I wish I had thought of that for the title. This could even work as a name for a website. Maybe we should add it to our slogans.

Here you go...

Lenin_Pee_Commie_Relief.jpg

I never knew Lenin could be such a great bar tender, but can he have less lemons on the menu.

Red Square wrote:This may well be the source of the famed Leninade.

This Leninade will go perfectly with my monthly ration of crap sandwiches!

Captain Craptek wrote:

This reminds me of an old joke:

An American and a Russian are both fighting each other on the battlefield and somehow by luck they kill each other at the same time. When they get up to heaven St. Pete says to them "Okay, we have national divides in hell too, but because of the circumstances you two can pick where you want to go: Russian or American hell." The American speaks up and asks "What do you have to do in American hell?" St. Pete says "You have to eat a bucket of shit each and every day." "And what about Russian Hell?" "Two buckets of shit a day." The American, not wanting to be coerced into eating more shit than he has to, picks the American hell. The Russian then steps up and gives his answer: "I was a Russian in life, I am a Russian in death. I will choose the Russian hell." So they both go to their respective choices and a couple thousand years pass. Because they were military men in life they both were chosen to be border guards at a border checkpoint between Russian and American hell. The Russian recognizes the American that he had interacted with so many years ago and says "Hey! Long time, no see! How's American hell going for you?" "Well, I didn't like eating the shit every day but I got used to the taste of it. How's Russian hell going for you?" "Well, it's just like home! One day, no shit, the next day, no buckets!"

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:
Captain Craptek wrote:

An American and a Russian are both fighting each other on the battlefield and somehow by luck they kill each other at the same time. When they get up to heaven St. Pete says to them "Okay, we have national divides in hell too, but because of the circumstances you two can pick where you want to go: Russian or American hell." The American speaks up and asks "What do you have to do in American hell?" St. Pete says "You have to eat a bucket of shit each and every day." "And what about Russian Hell?" "Two buckets of shit a day." The American, not wanting to be coerced into eating more shit than he has to, picks the American hell. The Russian then steps up and gives his answer: "I was a Russian in life, I am a Russian in death. I will choose the Russian hell." So they both go to their respective choices and a couple thousand years pass. Because they were military men in life they both were chosen to be border guards at a border checkpoint between Russian and American hell. The Russian recognizes the American that he had interacted with so many years ago and says "Hey! Long time, no see! How's American hell going for you?" "Well, I didn't like eating the shit every day but I got used to the taste of it. How's Russian hell going for you?" "Well, it's just like home! One day, no shit, the next day, no buckets!"

Go on comrade,...I can't wait to hear the punch line...and,...and...

Captain Craptek wrote:
Comrade Stierlitz wrote:
Captain Craptek wrote:

"Well, it's just like home! One day, no shit, the next day, no buckets!"

Okay, maybe I should've used an [OFF], but still!

When life is serving you Leninaide turn it into Lenins.

Captain Craptek wrote:
Comrade Stierlitz wrote:
Captain Craptek wrote:

Here it is, Comrade Craptek:

SAME SHIT, DIFFERENT DAY!