North imposes stolen identity on former Confederacy

Stars Bars and Valvoline.jpg
The New York City based, and taxpayer funded radio program "Studio 360 with Kurt Andersen", which describes itself as: "public radio's smart and surprising guide to what's happening in pop culture and the arts" has commissioned the creation of a new flag for southern states of the former Confederacy. Their challenge was, in their words, "to come up with a symbol for the South free from the racism and divisiveness of the Confederate battle flag."

The NPR affiliate has tapped a Texas design firm called 70kft to create a new icon to replace the hatefully racist Civil War era battle flag known as the "stars and bars". 70kft undertook the task early last summer, and recently unveiled their effort. Unfortunately, the new flag contains iconography that is trademarked by a popular brand of oil, known as "Valvoline". This is seen as a clear attempt to paint the South as nothing but a bunch of big-oil supporters, who are not above stealing a new identity to hide their racist history.

Identity theft? It's IDENTITY REDISTRIBUTION! We redistribute the good things about a person's identity (I.E. Credit scores above 700, credit card numbers, SSN's, etc) to those who are less fortunate. Get your shit together Punk, I think all that Mohawk styling gel has finally soaked into your brain.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:Identity theft? It's IDENTITY REDISTRIBUTION! We redistribute the good things about a person's identity (I.E. Credit scores above 700, credit card numbers, SSN's, etc) to those who are less fortunate. Get your shit together Punk, I think all that Mohawk styling gel has finally soaked into your brain.

I don't know what came over me Stierlitz. Thank you comrade, for your sincere rebuke. Perhaps I am due for a visit to my local Jiffy-Lobo... Do you know if they use Valvoline? I'd like to be in compliance with the latest revisions to the thought criminal codes.

Konservative_Punk wrote:
Comrade Stierlitz wrote:Identity theft? It's IDENTITY REDISTRIBUTION! We redistribute the good things about a person's identity (I.E. Credit scores above 700, credit card numbers, SSN's, etc) to those who are less fortunate. Get your shit together Punk, I think all that Mohawk styling gel has finally soaked into your brain.

I don't know what came over me Stierlitz. Thank you comrade, for your sincere rebuke. Perhaps I am due for a visit to my local Jiffy-Lobo... Do you know if they use Valvoline? I'd like to be in compliance with the latest revisions to the thought criminal codes.

No, they use Wolf's Head which is legal. They take wolves that have attacked komissars (more than you'd think, most komissars I know keep a ring of bologna in their suitcoats for emergencies) or endangered species and use a special process to turn the wolves into oil almost on par with Pennsylvania Grade Crude.

Konservative_Punk wrote:
Stars Bars and Valvoline.jpg
The New York City based, and taxpayer funded radio program "Studio 360 with Kurt Andersen", which describes itself as: "public radio's smart and surprising guide to what's happening in pop culture and the arts" has commissioned the creation of a new flag for southern states of the former Confederacy. Their challenge was, in their words, "to come up with a symbol for the South free from the racism and divisiveness of the Confederate battle flag."

The NPR affiliate has tapped a Texas design firm called 70kft to create a new icon to replace the hatefully racist Civil War era battle flag known as the "stars and bars". 70kft undertook the task early last summer, and recently unveiled [highlight=#FFFF00]their effort[/highlight]. Unfortunately, the new flag contains iconography that is trademarked by a popular brand of oil, known as "Valvoline". This is seen as a clear attempt to paint the South as nothing but a bunch of big-oil supporters, who are not above stealing a new identity to hide their racist history.

In one of the paragraphs it says:

"Led by Gus Granger and Stefan Reddick, the team has been hard at work for the last month researching and designing their new concept."

Perhaps this explains the copyright-oversight.