Michelle's food enforcement meets wall/new historic recipes

With all this excitement about Michelle's "Let's Move" campaign and so many protests by children having to eat her food, let's look at this alternative - food from the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s.

7 Gross Foods Your Grandparents Ate (That We Taste Tested)

Vintage_Food.jpg
Glace Fish Mold.jpg
Really, I just want to help. Nuthin' like some yummy dyed mayo to whet (as in dampen) one's appetite.

I double dare you to watch this without laughing your gluteus maximus off.

Pamalinsky wrote:With all this fuss about Michelle's "Let's Move" movement, let's just give her some slack here. I mean, since there are so many protests by children having to eat her food, I offer this alternative from Cracked.com. Food from the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s.

Really, I just want to help.

I double dare you to watch this without laughing your ass off. There! I said it!
H/T Cracked.com.

Thanks, Cracked! Awesome!

Edit: Just wanted to make this post more concise. (Forgive my impatience)
LOL. Thanks for posting Comrade Pamsky. It reminds me of a yarn my dear old grandpapp used to spin about his bachelor days when he and his buddies would whip up a batch of "son-of-a-bitch" stew after a long night of drinkin and brawlin at the pub.

In a 'coincidental' twist on this story, I read an article this morning that featured a 'racist cake' which the food police have claimed is a depiction of an oversized female of African descent. Could this have been merely an ironic accident? Or was it something more sinister aimed at our Dear FLATUS? Let the kollektive be the judge:

racist_cakes.jpg
racy cake.jpg

If your stomach offends the Party, cut it out. I can do it for you. Bring your ACA voucher and some beet vodka.

After Paul Robeson visited the USSR in 1949 with a tour, he became so popular that the Soviet culinary establishment developed a chocolate cake in his name, and it was included in the official Party-approved cook books. My grandmother used to make the Paul Robeson chocolate cake for big government holidays.

Paul_Robeson_Album.jpg
In the early 1990s, already after the fall of the USSR, an American visitor to Russia complained to me that he stayed in a house where they fed him what they called the Paul Robeson chocolate cake and he thought it was racist. I told him that his hosts had no idea it could be racist and probably went out of their way to bake the only food they knew had any connection to the United States. It was supposed to be an honor.

It appears to be a popular cake even today. When I tried to Google "Paul Robeson chocolate cake" in Russian, the resulting page was full of recipes and pictures at different Russian culinary sites.

торт поль робсон

Paul_Robeson_Cake.jpg

Here's a clip from a Soviet newspaper of the time, about Paul Robeson visiting a model Young Pioneer summer camp called Artek in the Crimea. The expression of the two girls in the second row behind him are priceless. They'd never seen a black man before.

Paul_Robeson_Pioneers.jpg

My, how little Pinkie and Putout have grown....

Komrade Punk,

I'll bet your grandpapp and his buddies did a little purgin' too! No?

Regarding the French pastries depicting fecund African women: I really don't see the problem here. I mean, women of any race, with oversized gluteus maximi are considered desirable! A no-brainer. Jeesh! What's the matter with people? I will refrain from any mention of the member on the other pastry, however. (this mention does not count)

Pamalinsky wrote:Komrade Punk,

I'll bet your grandpapp and his buddies did a little [highlight=#ffff00]purgin'[/highlight] too! No?

Regarding the French pastries depicting fecund African women: I really don't see the problem here. I mean, women of any race, with oversized gluteus maximi are considered desirable! A no-brainer. Jeesh! What's the matter with people? I will refrain from any mention of [highlight=#ffff00]the member on the other pastry[/highlight], however. (this mention does not count)
On the former, I had to look it up in the urban dictionary, then I laughed my arse off. Gran'pap never mentioned it, but I'll bet yer right. That S.O.B. Stew and Schlitz could not have mixed well.

On the singularly endowed pastry, that's the one that could be construed as an insult to the direktor of the food police, our own Glorious FLATUS herself.

Komrade Red,

While the Paul Robeson Chocolate Cake looks absolutely delicious, there is yet another recipe for dessert called the Beer and Kraut Fudge Cake.

The author says, "A red flag went up when the cookbook I was using didn't have an image for it, but it's cake, and the words "beer" and "fudge" were being bandied about. Surely the "kraut" portion was just the author's lingering beef with the Central Powers, right?"

After building this concoction, he concluded with, "the interior eerily mirrored Munich's sewage system during Ocktoberfest. Yes, the sauerkraut and beer had collected at the bottom during the baking. It tasted like a big glop of caramel cabbage. If that sounds tolerable, think about why nobody eats pike Starbursts. Or tripe Oreos. Or ..."

What a pleasant surprise - [color=#C0392B]Ivan the Stakhanovets[/color] wrote:My, how little Pinkie and Putout have grown....
We have!

You know that's not a plastic shovel, right?

(Is that guy giving you a shoulder rub?)

pinkie-is-cute.jpg

But Wait! There's more!

Since we have no other options that children will buy, why not offer/impose BLUE FOOD?

This will allow them to actually play with their food! Yeah! That's the ticket!

Blue cheese mousse
Blue Cheese Mousse.jpg

[url=http://]Aspic Aquarium[/url]
Aspic Aquarium.jpg

Ah yes, Comrades! A piece gastrononique de resistance! (Hey, I may not write French very well but I am a personal friend of John Kerry who, by the way, speaks French, which he learned while serving in Vietnam)

Comrade PUTOUT!

Good to see you again!

As a matter of fact, I did play with toy shovels when I was a little girl. That photo, which Putout has obviously posted in conjunction with TBT, or "Throwback Thursday", was taken in the days before government regulations required all toy shovels to include orange safety tips lest anyone mistake them for real, shovel-ready shovels.

I'm glad that was before I grew up. Even as a little girl, I would've hated it if no one cowered in fear of my shovel simply because it had that telltale orange tip.

Comrade Putout wrote:
What a pleasant surprise - [color=#C0392B]Ivan the Stakhanovets[/color] wrote:My, how little Pinkie and Putout have grown....
We have!

pinkie-is-cute.jpg

Dr. Worddust wrote:If your stomach offends the Party, cut it out. I can do it for you. Bring your ACA voucher and some beet vodka.
Comrade Dr., I always appreciate your willingness to be "at the ready." Thank you!

Comrades,

The struggle goes on in all media--print, radio, menu. The scope of subliminal input is indeed unlimited, as red food coloring can--pardon my Party-pun--revolutionize any dish, not just those that need a few eggs cracked.

While currently working for the People here in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, I can vouch for similarly uplifting fare, but nothing can ever stifle my hunger for the Party line, with a side of hook and sinker.

Comrade Putout wrote:
We have!

pinkie-is-cute.jpg
I always assumed Pinkie's bulbous nose comely appearance was attributable to some hard knocks suffered at the hands of some ungrateful prole she was disciplining good breeding, but I see that she may have come by it the natural way. No wonder she is perpetually pissed pleasant. She was probably reduced to tears by her oppressive classmates voted 'most likely to cause internal bleeding by blunt trauma' men to swoon for the cause of equality.

Comrade Red said: "It appears to be a popular cake even today. When I tried to Google "Paul Robeson chocolate cake" in Russian, the resulting page was full of recipes and pictures at different Russian culinary sites."

торт поль робсон

Paul_Robeson_Cake.jpg

Comrade Red,

You know as well as I do that I always do my best to understand what others are saying, no matter what the language. It's a matter of appreciating diversity, political correctness, et. al.

Phonetics helped me, in this case, a soon-to-be-lost way of interpreting things.

Re: The previous recipe you mentioned: торт поль робсон: There is no way, phonetically, this doesn't translate to “Topped with Nutty Popcorn.”

Seriously. Am I right?[/quote]

FLATUS has won. The science is now settled, and the government of Dear Leader (PBUH) decrees we must eat vegan.

I personally have never tried eating a vegan, I hope they go well grilled over a bed of mesquite coals, perhaps served with fava beans and a nice chianti...

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... vegan.html

[color=#C0392B]Ivan the Stakhanovets[/color] was probably lying when he wrote:I personally have never tried eating a vegan...
They look lean and tasty!

vegan-ivan-card.jpg

Comrade Putout,

You must realize that this isn't a problem when you, as a vegan, love to eat bark! A reasonable alternative to protein-enduced madness. Oh yeah, and the environment!

Comrade Putout,

I just wanted to say how much I loved your illustration with me peeking out and others involved. Very sweet and very funny. Love it! XXX!

Ivan the Stak,

Vegans have artificial bacon flavors to cover their vegan asses. Not to worry.

This just in: Should we eat more insects? The U.N. thinks so.

Carpenter-Bee1.jpg
Why, just today, we did our part for the environment by zapping a carpenter bee while it was burrowing into our balcony beams. Instead of wasting it in the garbage, we sautéed it in butter. It tasted just like fried chicken. True story! (except for the sauté part)

I see a fast-food trend here, a ground floor opportunity! Grab it while you can, Comrades!

Pamalinsky wrote:Ivan the Stak,

Vegans have artificial bacon flavors to cover their vegan asses. Not to worry.

I'm vegan and my ass is covered in denim. I don't know what it tastes like since I've never tried to eat my pants or my shorts, for that matter.

No artificial flavours for me! I'm entirely happy with the flavours of the vegetables. :-)

Komrade KKK,

I was referring only to the self-righteous ones, of course! Not you, perish the thought!
; • )