I Switched to Pixelmator to avoid Capitalist Photoshop!

Comrades,

shithole copy.jpg

I wanted you to view my fabulous debut at using Pixelmator. (I just refuse to pay the monthly payment required by the capitalist pig Photoshop. )

I found this photo on Drudge the other day and thought it perfect for my "debut." I was inspired by disgusting Trump's reference to Shithole Countries. I mean, like REALLY?

My image does indeed suck but, I couldn't think of a more perfect image to express my abilities than the decaying Hollywood Sign. Oh yeah, and the crap being deposited in downtown Los Angeles.

Gosh, I hope you like it! Oh and, I tried to be as politically korrect as I could by inserting the "asterisk" (nudge, nudge, wink wink) Don't you just love my asterisk?

(Comrades, I believe Dear Pamalinsky is asking if her image makes her asterisk look big.

Proceed with caution.)

Pamski, it looks just great! Congratulations on redistributing ill gotten gains away from the Kapitalist. Orange man will cry himself to sleep this night.

Good job, Ms. Alinsky, with fair and just redistribution of pixels. Anything more vibrant than black-and-white is bourgeois decadence and must be denounced.

I do love the asterisk. It seems to have been manufactured and installed instead of the "I" to make the sign more family-friendly.

Next, we must similarly replace the actual feces in the streets of California cities with asterisks to make them more family-friendly and save The Children™.

If we figure out how to replaces every embarrassment with an asterisk in real life, the Glorious World of Next Tuesday will be a smidgen and a half away. Maybe two smidgens. At most, two and a quarter smidgens, but not more.

I have heard State-approved rumours that General Image Manipulation Programme (G.I.M.P.) is also a most equal alternative to kapitalist Photoshop

Red Square wrote:... replace every embarrassment with an asterisk in real life ...
Nice trick!
As we approach NT™, we will reforge all those "asterisks" into Glaring Red Five-Pointed Stars.
You go, Pamsky!

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:[OFF]... asking if her image makes her asterisk look big ...
yee-haw (as they say in Texazistan), you clearly go beyond "just shirt"!
[/indentr][/indentr][/indentr]

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Image
(Comrades, I believe Dear Pamalinsky is asking if her image makes her asterisk look big.

Proceed with caution.)

Pamski, it looks just great! Congratulations on redistributing ill gotten gains away from the Kapitalist. Orange man will cry himself to sleep this night.
Dear Ivan,

I, like, totally, understand your fear of another Me-Too assault. Rest assured that I am not offended and know that my asterisk, missing one appendage, looks much like a manpersonhole cover. So, we're good, right?

The People's Anthony Sullivan wrote:I have heard State-approved rumours that General Image Manipulation Programme (G.I.M.P.) is also a most equal alternative to kapitalist Photoshop
Yes, I have checked GIMP out as well. Thank you so much for your recommendation. There are several and I just have to choose one. Or, maybe two. I'm gonna upgrade to Pixelmator Pro and see where that gets me. I still have a Mac that has not upgraded it's latest that accommodates Photoshop snobs like me. Those days are numbered and I'm trying to adapt.

One more trip to HR, and I get a 100% authentic styrofoam imitation caviar spoon to complete the set...

I'm OK with that.

One thing about the womyns of the People's Cube, nice asterisks...

Red Square wrote:Good job, Ms. Alinsky, with fair and just redistribution of pixels. Anything more vibrant than black-and-white is bourgeois decadence and must be denounced.

[highlight=#ffff00]I do love the asterisk. It seems to have been manufactured and installed instead of the "I" to make the sign more family-friendly. [/highlight]

[highlight=#ffff00]Next, we must similarly replace the actual feces in the streets of California cities with asterisks to make them more family-friendly and save The Children™.
[/highlight]
[highlight=#ffff00]If we figure out how to replaces every embarrassment with an asterisk in real life, the Glorious World of Next Tuesday will be a smidgen and a half away. Maybe two smidgens. At most, two and a quarter smidgens, but not more.[/highlight]
I'm so glad you like my asterisk, which is missing an appendage but still looks like an installed manpersonhole cover. This is the finalultimate solution!

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:One more trip to HR, and I get a 100% authentic styrofoam imitation caviar spoon to complete the set...

I'm OK with that.

One thing about the womyns of the People's Cube, nice asterisks...
Oh, Ivan, you're so sweet! You always say the right thing.

[OFF]

Pammy,

If you ever decide to switch from the hell-spawn known as Mac to Windows, I would recommend paint.net. It's quite simple and easy to use. Photoshop is for the birds, it needs a monthly subscription now and has invasive and abusive licensing terms, not to mention Adobe's trademark lack of customer service.

If you ever feel brave and decide to take GNU/Linux for a spin, the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) would be your ticket; a lot of GNU/linux distro developers include the GIMP as part of the starter set of programs.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:[OFF]If you ever feel brave and decide to take GNU/Linux for a spin, the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) would be your ticket
GIMP is available for Windows, I installed it out of curiosity and found it to be pretty good, but I continue using Photoshop which I'm more used to, and I have an older, pre-subscription version of it.

mi
Comrade Stierlitz wrote:If you ever feel brave and decide to take GNU/Linux for a spin ...
FreeBSD, товариши, Linux for Dummies...

In other news...

The meme of Los Angeles being a sh*thole is all over the internet!

It's everywhere! Gosh, maybe my Pixelmator effort paid off! WOW!

Maybe I don't have to switch at all! All I have to do is just keep on spewing the same ol' same ol' and I win!

I'm going to run for President! Yeah, that's the ticket!

p.s.: Dear Comrade Red. Sometimes excessive exclamation marks are required. Just sayin'.

It won't happen again.

Love, Pamsky

Use one of these free (open source) apps:
  • The Gimp - Photoshop equivalent (Bitmap Graphics, animated GIFs)
  • InkScape - Illustrator equivalent (Vector Graphics)

Pamalinsky wrote:
The People's Anthony Sullivan wrote:I have heard State-approved rumours that General Image Manipulation Programme (G.I.M.P.) is also a most equal alternative to kapitalist Photoshop
Yes, I have checked GIMP out as well. Thank you so much for your recommendation. There are several and I just have to choose one. Or, maybe two. I'm gonna upgrade to Pixelmator Pro and see where that gets me. I still have a Mac that has not upgraded it's latest that accommodates Photoshop snobs like me. Those days are numbered and I'm trying to adapt.
Glad to be of help. Always required by State happy to help a fellow kollektive member. When being helpful, be most equally helpful and unhelpful. Is is why Al Blogunov was thrown under the bus chose to sacrifice the quality of my helpfulness to him for the quality of my help to you. That lesson of the Motherland is truly not lost upon me.

I recently made a poster featuring my husband who completed a very difficult hike in the Chricahuah mountains in AZ. He had to provide a photo in front of a rock formation in order to get a badge for doing so. He provided me with a 72 dpi image taken from his phone. I made the poster which looks great online but, I wanted to enlarge to at least 11” by 14” so I could put it on our wall.

First, I was denied by Kinko's whose assistant said I was violating a copyright by using “Indiana Jones” font so they couldn't print it. (Kinko's has been sued for such copyright violation) Look it up.

I found that, in order to get good resolution, all I had to do is jack it up to 500 dpi, resample the image, and the deed was done. My friend and I did this using Fireworks but I think it could be used with any program. Once done, you cannot turn back. It worked!

I cannot believe, after all these years, I did not know this was possible. An embarrassment of glitches. I got my final print at Walgreens! Here it is:

Actually, Pixelmator would not let me save to the size and form allowed by TPC. This is why I hate Pixelmator, for now.

Edit: I deleted photo because I thought I should. It was too "off prog"

This is fabulous! We've just added three new genders (at least) to the smorgasbord of oh-look-how-unique-i-am choices of self-identity:
I'm a PhotoShopper.

I'm a GIMPer.
I'm a Pixelmatorer.

Now, just add the necessary pronouns and other prefixes, and everybody gets their own flag.
I reckon this moves us 1.5 metric smidgens closer to the GWONTdom.

This just in! New! Wow!

G*MP!

P*xelmator!

Spread the uniqueness!

I like TVPaint because the price tag keeps the riff-raff out.

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:...
I'm a PhotoShopper.

I'm a GIMPer.

I'm a Pixelmatorer. ...
Annotation (Zentrum für transdisziplinäre Geschlechterstudien der Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin)

Herr Komissar!

Das nix korrekt:

I'm a PhotoShopper.
I'm a GIMPer.
I'm a Pixelmatorer.
Das korrekt:

I'm a PhotoShoppx.
I'm a GIMPx.
I'm a Pixelmatorx.
Profx. Drx.
Profex Drex
Professx Drex Lann Horn _ (ze No 1 of ze Cherman Chender Sajns)

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:this moves us 1.5 metric smidgens closer to the GWONTdom.
I'm glad you specified "metric smidgens" because we could have missed the mark if we were to calculate the coming of the GWONT in imperial smidgens.

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:This just in! New! Wow!

G*MP!

P*xelmator!

Spread the uniqueness!
There is no "I" in NEXT TUESDAY! (But there is in Ivan...)

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:

G*MP!

P*xelmator!

Spread the uniqueness!
You can't spell Ivan w*thout *, but ne*ther can you spell Glor*ous.
Also, should we call our esteemed comrade Pamal*nsky s*nce she *s the People's Guard*an of the Aster*sk?

Red Square wrote:
Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:this moves us 1.5 metric smidgens closer to the GWONTdom.
I'm glad you specified "metric smidgens" because we could have missed the mark if we were to calculate the coming of the GWONT in imperial smidgens.
Very true. You use imperial smidgens, and the next thing you know you're putting a man on the moon. It's the very nature of imperial smidgens to compel the unsuspecting to imperial tendencies that always results in flag planting.

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:
Also, should we call our esteemed comrade Pamal*nsky s*nce she *s the People's Guard*an of the Aster*sk?
I am reminded of a song of my youth:

Mary had a little plane
And through the air she'd frisk.
Oh, wasn't she a silly fool
Her little *?

Such frivolity, levity and devil-may-care attitudes in this era of concentration camps on our Southern Border??

AOC_Cry.jpg

Papa Kalashnikook wrote:Such frivolity, levity and devil-may-care attitudes in this era of concentration camps on our Southern Border??

AOC_Cry.jpg

Absolutely brilliant analogy, Papa. Analogizing AOC with cartoon characters makes it so much easier for us proggies to understand. I feel so much better with that uncertain feeling of certainty. If you get my drift.

p.s.: I hope you get my drift because I don't. Still, I feel so much better, at least for now.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:

G*MP!

P*xelmator!

Spread the uniqueness!
You can't spell Ivan w*thout *, but ne*ther can you spell Glor*ous.
[highlight=#ffff00]Also, should we call our esteemed comrade Pamal*nsky s*nce she *s the People's Guard*an of the Aster*sk?[/highlight]
* accept th*s honor w*th great hum*l*ty, and would l*ke to offer th*s leaked *mage of Trump's d*ck:

potato photo.jpeg

Pamalinsky wrote:
Papa Kalashnikook wrote:Such frivolity, levity and devil-may-care attitudes in this era of concentration camps on our Southern Border??

AOC_Cry.jpg

Absolutely brilliant analogy, Papa. Analogizing AOC with cartoon characters makes it so much easier for us proggies to understand. I feel so much better with that uncertain feeling of certainty. If you get my drift.

p.s.: I hope you get my drift because I don't. Still, I feel so much better, at least for now.
I now see why I was so flummoxed stymied and perplexed. It is all about feelings as you say. I have, for the longest time, applied the brilliance of my logical mind to understanding the left, what motivates it and what keeps it warm at night. Feelings, that's the answer. Mostly hatred.

Knowing this is a family-friendly site, I, in my feeble attempt at word/image play, posted a tater as a surrogate for Trump's package. It was actually a statement about what kind of leader Trump really is.

Hint: It loosely rhymes with dictator. Get it? (Heh, heh, heh). I post this with all due respect to those who didn't get it, and even more so for those who chose not to comment on it. I mean, sometimes you just gotta spell things out for the Greater Good™.

Love,

Pamsky

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Image
the "tater-tot"

Did someone say "tater-tot"?

images.jpg

Pamalinsky wrote:Knowing this is a family-friendly site, I, in my feeble attempt at word/image play, posted a tater as a surrogate for Trump's package. It was actually a statement about what kind of leader Trump really is.

Hint: It loosely rhymes with dictator. Get it? (Heh, heh, heh). I post this with all due respect to those who didn't get it, and even more so for those who chose not to comment on it. I mean, sometimes you just gotta spell things out for the Greater Good™.

Love,

Pamsky

Great deflection and denial there, Komrade Komissarka. You are nearly as good as Her Holiness Hillary. You just forgot to include comments about racism, islamophobia, the border, and LGBT.

Comrade Stierlitz,

[highlight=#ffff00]"Great deflection and denial there, Komrade Komissarka. You are nearly as good as Her Holiness Hillary. You just forgot to include comments about racism, islamophobia, the border, and LGBT."[/highlight][highlight=#ffff00]
[/highlight][highlight=#ffff00][highlight=#ffffff]

Duly noted. (Cough, Cough)[/highlight]
[/highlight]

RedDiaperette wrote:
[highlight=#ffff00]I am reminded of a song of my youth:

Mary had a little plane
And through the air she'd frisk.
Oh, wasn't she a silly fool
[/highlight][highlight=#ffff00]Her little *?
[/highlight][highlight=#ffff00]
[/highlight][highlight=#ffff00][highlight=#ffffff]Oh, RedDiaperette! This reminds me so much of our darling AOC! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and coincidentally, outside! Such a brilliant feel-good post! [/highlight]
[/highlight]

TheFineReport.com wrote:Gidget Cortez's latest crisis
Spilled starbucks.jpg

Comrade Fine, this just about sums it up regarding AOC. Good work!

Comrades, sometimes ya just gotta take advantage of an opportunity when you see it.
Ya gotta snatch and grab it!

In the spirit of this opportunistic view, I offer this new view of my original post. All it is is a zoom out view of my original post but, man, is it awesome, or what?

Shithole Panorama.jpg

Way back in 2006, I was working in Los Angeles and a homeless person had dumped a very large one in our parking lot. We called the police and they said they could do nothing unless we actually saw it happening, even though some were “residing” under the nearby freeway underpass, which they were entitled to do.

Cut to my Brit colleague, who came lashing out, with great Brit indignation, asking the officer, “Excuse me officer, are you on bum duty? I have a complaint!"

We spent days laughing at this silly metaphor. True story!

GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg
Please refer to Comrade Red's new book, HOTEL USSR. Buy it! You'll be glad you did.