I denounce Trump for not tweeting in iambic pentameter!

[img]/images/Shakespeare_Tweet_Computer.jpg[/img]

We are just so sick of Trump's vulgar tweets, you know, where he says simple things in just a few words to rile and topple his opposition. We, the people of good will, rightfully expect him to "fill it out" with garrulity, prolixity, and logorrhea, but he refuses to do so. For this reason, we are so worried for our Democracy.

So, I propose this:

We have long since deplored the works of Shakespeare because of his viewpoint on human nature, and squeezed it out of our schools in order to establish our own supremacy. But, in this case, Shakespeare is a great tool with which we can shame Trump and expose his writing style as being less than Shakespeare.

We'll use him as long as necessary and then squash him like a bug!

[img]/images/Shakespeare_Quote_Wise_Man.jpg[/img]

Red Square wrote:#WWST - What Would Shakespeare Tweet?

Trump art a rump-fed mumble-news! #Resist #Remain #ItsMuellerTime

This webpage may aid in ideas for inciendiary tweets.

Nice idea you got here, dear Pammie
to bigly drive Trump to infamy
only: why shake a spear
when Karl Marx better here,
to pent-iamb that Trump cockamamie.

Perhaps we should go beyond Shakespeare -- who was, after all, an Anglophone, the whitiest of the white -- and demand epic dactylic hexameter, in the manner of Virgil, who was, at least, a bit less pale.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:
Red Square wrote:#WWST - What Would Shakespeare Tweet?

Trump art a rump-fed mumble-news! #Resist #Remain [highlight=#ffff99]#ItsMuellerTime[/highlight]

This webpage may aid in ideas for inciendiary tweets.

It's a bit early in the day for Jackalopelipsky...but if you're buyin'...Jackalopelipsky is there, Stierlitz...t.h.e.r.e. #ItsMuellerTime #BigHandGonnaPaddleSomeBehind

Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549

RedDiaperette wrote:Perhaps we should go beyond Shakespeare -- who was, after all, an Anglophone, the whitiest of the white -- and demand epic dactylic hexameter, in the manner of Virgil ...
So korrekt.
At evening, back from the fields - you tending the catnip patch - it should be a lick of KitKat Vodka for you.

BUT then.
Let's go all out. Trumputler must deliver buḥūr taf‘īlah qāfiyah (بحور تفعيله قافيه), with sha'ir (الشاعر) of 'akbar-'akbar (أكبر-أكبر) beats, in hexapenta iambadactylo (تفعيل سداسي البنتاغون تفعيل داكتيل) al-strukturiyah!

Comrades,

I was really tired when I first posted this, and, in my usual impetuous way, I ignored any possible sloppiness and posted anyway and hoped for the best.

When I awoke the next morning to check my post, after enduring nightmares about it, I found it to be way better than I expected. Perfect, in fact.

Well now, that's what friends are for, right, Comrade Red? (I saw what you did there) Covering for our fellow comrades is what we do! That's the Prog way!

Even though I denounced Trump for not using iambic pentameter in his tweets, I, myself, am speechless because I can't use it either. However, that is no excuse for Trump's lack of “cultural” language usage.

When Comrade Red asked: “What would Shakespeare tweet?” I became paralyzed with writer's block. I knew I was busted.

Then, Comrade Steirlitz, by providing a most useful link, and the rest of you came to my rescue! I am so grateful!

I will address this in my next post.

Thank you!

Pamalinsky wrote:Comrades,

I was really tired when I first posted this, and, in my usual impetuous way, I ignored any possible sloppiness and posted anyway and hoped for the best.

When I awoke the next morning to check my post, after enduring nightmares about it, I found it to be way better than I expected. Perfect, in fact.

Well now, that's what friends are for, right, Comrade Red? (I saw what you did there) Covering for our fellow comrades is what we do! That's the Prog way!

Even though I denounced Trump for not using iambic pentameter in his tweets, I, myself, am speechless because I can't use it either. However, that is no excuse for Trump's lack of “cultural” language usage.

When Comrade Red asked: “What would Shakespeare tweet?” I became paralyzed with writer's block. I knew I was busted.

Then, Comrade Steirlitz, by providing a most useful link, and the rest of you came to my rescue! I am so grateful!

I will address this in my next post.

Thank you!

Love your post Comrade Pammie! and I agree, it is really nice when the hands of a master takes over with a bit of a makeover.

Comrade Steirlitz's link is a GOLD MINE. (Thank you Comrade Steirlitz!) I have book marked it and have a feeling I will be quoting some Shakespeare in other 'speakeasies' I frequent. Time to brush up your Shakespeare Komrades.............................

A Facebook comrade suggested these lines:

- Something is rotten in foggy bottom

- Spying on an opposing campaign by any other name would smell as fetid

- Begone witch and take thy bleachbit with thee

Clara Illbustyourballs Zetkin wrote:... Time to brush up your Shakespeare Komrades.............................

But.. but.. what Kubic Shakespeare-Wynn-Whitmore-Stierlitz-Clara connection @3:30 is this?

Genosse Dummkopf wrote:
Clara Illbustyourballs Zetkin wrote:... Time to brush up your Shakespeare Komrades.............................

But.. but.. what Kubic Shakespeare-Wynn-Whitmore-Stierlitz-Clara connection @3:30 is this?

Komrade G.D., I am TOTALLY FLUMMOXED that my musikally trained ear from the School of Columbia Record Club missed THAT........GREAT CATCH KOMRADE!!!!

Me worried, the iambic, the penta, so full of injustice it is.
We should, and we would, as time goes, kollektively switch to Kube-meter.

You ask - How it's done, such a revo? See here, so it goes:

syllables-all-equal-all-equal-all-equal-all-equal-all-equal-all-equal-and-justice.
kol-lek-tiv-lek-tiv-kol-tiv-kol-lek-lok-kel-vit-kel-vit-lok-vit-kel-lok-lol-kek-tvi-lol-kek-tvit.
ku-ku-ku-be-be-be-and-ku-be-and-be-be-be-ku-ku-ku-and-be-ku-and-ku-ku-ku-be-be-be-and...

Clara Illbustyourballs Zetkin wrote:... my musikally trained ear from the School of Columbia Record Club ...
Studio Columbia Records, and genius extraordinaire ...

Mystery item No. 1

More Shakespearian Tweets from the same Facebook comrade:

- Oh what fools these Marxists be

- Yon Schiffty hath a lean and pencil necked look

- Methinks yon Comey doth protest a bit too much

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:... This webpage may aid in ideas ...
Clara Illbustyourballs Zetkin wrote:... Comrade Steirlitz's link is a GOLD MINE ...
"Ho, ho, ho... Well, if it isn't stinking Billygoat Billyboy in poison. How are thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou."

For sure a result of brushing up Shakespeare using Stierlitz's GIG, the Glorious Insult Generator.

Though comrade Alex, somewhat prole-ish, shook here his spear exactly as great Pushkin once depicted (
Не мог он ямба от хорея,
Как мы ни бились, отличить.

He couldn't iamb from trochee,
No matter how we fought, distinguish. _
[referring not Alex, but a certain Eugene]
[/indentr][/indentr][/indentr][/indentr][/indentr]
) he - Alex - will improve his iambics in next 5-Year Plan.

For now, recall Alex Nadsat-shakespearizin':

Mystery item No. 2

Genosse Dummkopf wrote:
Clara Illbustyourballs Zetkin wrote:... my musikally trained ear from the School of Columbia Record Club ...

Mystery item No. 1
Oh, good grief, Genosse, I have always loved Glenn Gould, crazy mofo that he was, he made Bach a very exciting thing to listen to. Which Bach does on his own. Very mathematical, very honest, truthful and virtuous.

Comrade Dummkopf!

The Party(™) is always available for a litlle "Ultra-Violence", Eh my Drugies (Comrades)?

Dimitri

Pamalinsky wrote:
Genosse Dummkopf wrote:

Mystery item No. 1
Oh, good grief, Genosse, I have always loved Glenn Gould, crazy mofo that he was, he made Bach a very exciting thing to listen to. Which Bach does on his own. Very mathematical, very honest, truthful and virtuous.

Komrades Pammy & Genosse & et al,

Can anyone else hear him humming along as he plays on his records?!

Or are they just special messages intended for my ears only...?

Komrade "Monster-Whistle" Grendelssohnovovich

(brrrUUUUUURRRP!)
Sorry, that last Geat did NOT agree with me...

Red Square wrote:More Shakespearian Tweets from the same Facebook comrade:

- Oh what fools these Marxists be

- Yon Schiffty hath a lean and pencil necked look

- Methinks yon Comey doth protest a bit too much
TRUMP to BIDEN: Thou fawning, Clapper-clawed, hugger-mugger self will never win! You are the most measle-infested (due to unvaccinated illegal immigrants,) mold-warped, codpiece we have ever seen.

Pamalinsky wrote:TRUMP to BIDEN: Thou fawning, Clapper-clawed, hugger-mugger self will never win! You are the most measle-infested (due to unvaccinated illegal immigrants,) mold-warped, codpiece we have ever seen.

Nice iambic pentameter you got there Komrade Pammie! I dig your photoshopping too.

Genosse Dummkopf wrote:.
Awesome trenchantness! Awesome!

Pamalinsky wrote:
Genosse Dummkopf wrote:.
Awesome trenchantness! Awesome!
Limerick, Pammie, limerick. As zey say, Limerick über alles*!

* ..über alles: except, of course, iambic pentameter (plus dactylic hexameter, for sure).

Shakespeare today would have been a Trump supporter, as evidenced by his Sonnet 66, where he lists all the wrongs the Dems and the progs are doing to us.

On the other hand... If things were just as bad 410 years ago and the world didn't end, that gives me hope.

Sonnet LXVI

Tired with all these, for restful death I cry,
As to behold desert a beggar born,
And needy nothing trimm'd in jollity,
And purest faith unhappily forsworn,
And gilded honour shamefully misplaced,
And maiden virtue rudely strumpeted,
And right perfection wrongfully disgraced,
And strength by limping sway disabled
And art made tongue-tied by authority,
And folly, doctor-like, controlling skill,
And simple truth miscalled simplicity,
And captive good attending captain ill:

Tired with all these, from these would I be gone,
Save that, to die, I leave my love alone.

Comrade Red,

Wow! Just WOW!

I happened to happen upon this handy-dandy link that names those phrases we use daily without knowing Shakespeare wrote them. (I'm sure you are familiar with the image of the Bard at the beginning.)

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/21-p ... ket-newtab

Thing is, I don't recall Trump using any of them.

Grendelssohnovovich,

[highlight=#ffff00]"Can anyone else hear him humming along as he plays on his records?"[/highlight]

Why of course we can! That is an essential part of Glenn's shtick!

RedDiaperette wrote:Perhaps we should go beyond Shakespeare -- who was, after all, an Anglophone, the whitiest of the white -- and demand epic dactylic hexameter, in the manner of Virgil, who was, at least, a bit less pale.
Oh, good grief, Comrade RedDiaperette, I looked this up and can only handle things as simple as 1-2-3. It's already complicated by those who insist upon actual thought! Why add to it?

At this juncture, I feel it appropriate to post a previous post of mine:

I am very proud of it. In it, I translate Hamlet's soliloquy as said by Hillary.

Hillary: To Be or Not to Be, Is That the Question?

https://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog ... 17032.html

p.s.: I forgot how to insert the post into it's appropriate headline. Arrgh!

[img]/images/Shakespeare_MAGA.jpg[/img]

Red Square wrote:Shakespeare today would have been a Trump supporter, as evidenced by his Sonnet 66, where he lists all the wrongs the Dems and the progs are doing to us.

On the other hand...[highlight=#ffff00] If things were just as bad 410 years ago and the world didn't end, that gives me hope.[/highlight]

Sonnet LXVI

[OFF]

There's a Billy Joel lyric I constantly tell myself, from his song "Keeping the Faith".

" 'Cause the good old days a-weren't always good,

And tomorrow ain't as bad as it see-e-eems"

And his "We didn't start the fire, it was always burning since the world's been turning" is a great reminder too.

Red Square wrote:
Shakespeare_MAGA.jpg
This is so good it actually made me cry.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:
Red Square wrote:Shakespeare today would have been a Trump supporter, as evidenced by his Sonnet 66, where he lists all the wrongs the Dems and the progs are doing to us.

On the other hand...[highlight=#ffff00] If things were just as bad 410 years ago and the world didn't end, that gives me hope.[/highlight]

Sonnet LXVI

[OFF]

There's a Billy Joel lyric I constantly tell myself, from his song "Keeping the Faith".

And his "We didn't start the fire, it was always burning since the world's been turning" is a great reminder too.

So, like maybe this whole culture war revolution breaks down as simple as just Good vs Evil thing? That's pretty simple...iffin's a comrade can tell which is which. Like the Bard said, "And simple truth miscalled simplicity".

Jackalopelipsky channels StateChurch of Sacred Heart of No Redeemer Saint, Rodney King, "Can't we all just lead a simple life?"

Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549

jackalopelipsky wrote:
Comrade Stierlitz wrote:

Sonnet LXVI

[OFF]

So, like maybe this whole culture war revolution breaks down as simple as just Good vs Evil thing? That's pretty simple...iffin's a comrade can tell which is which. Like the Bard said, "And simple truth miscalled simplicity".

[highlight=#ffff00]Jackalopelipsky channels StateChurch of Sacred Heart of No Redeemer Saint, Rodney King, "Can't we all just lead a simple life?"
[/highlight]
Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549

Dearest Jackie,

I was in L.A. when this occurred and I recall Rodney King saying "Can't we all just get along?" That's because I saw it on the "news."

Here's the video that more accurately exposes what he said:

Genosse Dummkopf wrote:Me worried, the iambic, the penta, so full of injustice it is.
We should, and we would, as time goes, kollektively switch to Kube-meter.

You ask - How it's done, such a revo? See here, so it goes:

[highlight=#ffff00]syllables-all-equal-all-equal-all-equal-all-equal-all-equal-all-equal-and-justice.
kol-lek-tiv-lek-tiv-kol-tiv-kol-lek-lok-kel-vit-kel-vit-lok-vit-kel-lok-lol-kek-tvi-lol-kek-tvit.
[/highlight][highlight=#ffff00]ku-ku-ku-be-be-be-and-ku-be-and-be-be-be-ku-ku-ku-and-be-ku-and-ku-ku-ku-be-be-be-and...[/highlight]

In other words, everything is FLAT! The Japanese, for one, pride themselves on this description of their language. No emphasis on any syllable. Every syllable is equal!

On the other hand... If things were just as bad 410 years ago and the world didn't end, [highlight=#ffff00]that gives me hope.
[/highlight]
Sonnet LXVI

"Hope is patience with the lamp lit."

H/T Tertullian

Pamalinsky wrote:"Hope is patience with the lamp lit."

H/T Tertullian

Surely you meant to say "Ushanka tip to Tertullian," comrade Pamalinsky.

Tertullian.jpg

Red Square wrote:
Pamalinsky wrote:"Hope is patience with the lamp lit."

H/T Tertullian

Surely you meant to say "Ushanka tip to Tertullian," comrade Pamalinsky.

Tertullian.jpg
Why, of course I did! I just LOVE those ushankas! Yeah, that's it, USHANKAS! Long live the Ushanka!