Gore Proposes 'Price' for Denying Climate Change

princessbride_themachine.jpg
Before an audience at the annual tech-fest known as SXSW (South By Southwest), former Vice President Al Gore said: “We have this denial industry cranked up constantly,” Gore said. “In addition to 99 percent of the scientists and all the professional scientific organizations, now Mother Nature is weighing in." Speaking of Cap and Trade, a program that would penalize companies that exceeded their carbon-emission limits, Gore said: “We need to put a price on carbon to accelerate these market trends, and in order to do that, we need to put a price on denial in politics.”

The former U.S. V.P. also offered up his eternal salvation to the Catholic Church, provided the Pope falls into line to endorse the pseudo-science known as Man-Made Climate Change, saying: “How about this Pope?” Gore said he was looking forward to the Pope's highly anticipated encyclical on the environment which is due to be released in June or July. “I'm not a Catholic,” Gore said, “but I could be persuaded to become one.”

It is unclear whether the Catholic Church is willing to return to the practices that characterized the Spanish Inquisition, especially with President Obama's comparison of those methods of persuasion to the current methods being utilized by the purveyors of the Religion of Peace.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

[img]/images/Al_Gore_Spanish_Inquisition.jpg[/img]

Alberto de Gorquemada in The Cross and the Thermometer.

But it's the deniers who are the real inquisitors!

I saw it in a Hollywood movie, so it must be true.

Reviews are in! Skeptic Morano as villain in warmist film is ‘terrifyingly impressive, sadistic' – ‘The doc's most engaging character' – ‘A magnificent antihero, a cheery, chatty prevaricator' – ‘Slick' – ‘Scary' – ‘A loathsome mercenary' – ‘Sleazy spin doctor'

New Warmist film by Sony Pictures, 'Merchants of Doubt', portrays Marc Morano as evil nemesis/arch-enemy of climate change promoters - Morano is ‘a grinning-skull nihilist'

Global warming movies sets out to smear skeptics, but ‘features 'a semi-affectionate portrait of professional attack dog Marc Morano'

It pains me to denounce Komrade Algore, but until he divests himself of his interests in companies looking to make profit (spit) from green marketing schemes, er, plans he must be considered a Capitalist.

Bill G wrote:It pains me to denounce Komrade Algore, but until he divests himself of his interests in companies looking to make profit (spit) from green marketing schemes, er, plans he must be considered a Capitalist.

I feel no pains in denouncing him, komrade. He IS an evil kapitalist <spit> pig. I was konvinced of that after he sold out his Global Warming Channel to Al Jiz-eera. He would rather make profit <spit> than Save the Planet™.

Gummipuppe wrote:
Bill G wrote:It pains me to denounce Komrade Algore, but until he divests himself of his interests in companies looking to make profit (spit) from green marketing schemes, er, plans he must be considered a Capitalist.

I feel no pains in denouncing him, komrade. He IS an evil kapitalist <spit> pig. I was konvinced of that after he sold out his Global Warming Channel to Al Jiz-eera. He would rather make profit <spit> than Save the Planet™.
Comrades, do not be so quick to condemn Comrade Algore. Remember that our ultimate goal is to affect the collapse of Amerikan Kapitalism from within. This will require us to adopt the loathsome capitalist methods that we so detest from time to time. Comrade Algore has sacrificed the life of contentment that only comes with the equality of mediocrity for something nobler. He has volunteered to serve our cause as a champion of Social Justice™ under the guise of Saving the Environment™ for the sake of The Children™. Let us not begrudge our dear comrade for the few extravagances he must partake of in order to find acceptance among the ruling elite so that he may be able to persuade them to join our struggle for equality and justice.

Just in time for Vox's endorsement of al Gore for president, the Wall Street Journal published an old quote from a speech by the late novelist Michael Crichton to the Commonwealth Club of San Francisco, 2003. I guess this is where the Goremon Church got its all ideas from.

Notable & Quotable: Environmental Religion

Environmentalism is a perfect 21st century remapping of traditional Judeo-Christian beliefs and myths.

Today, one of the most powerful religions in the Western World is environmentalism. Environmentalism seems to be the religion of choice for urban atheists. Why do I say it's a religion? Well, just look at the beliefs. If you look carefully, you see that environmentalism is in fact a perfect 21st century remapping of traditional Judeo-Christian beliefs and myths.

There's an initial Eden, a paradise, a state of grace and unity with nature, there's a fall from grace into a state of pollution as a result of eating from the tree of knowledge, and as a result of our actions there is a judgment day coming for us all. We are all energy sinners, doomed to die, unless we seek salvation, which is now called sustainability. Sustainability is salvation in the church of the environment. Just as organic food is its communion, that pesticide-free wafer that the right people with the right beliefs, imbibe. . . .

There is no Eden. There never was. What was that Eden of the wonderful mythic past? Is it the time when infant mortality was 80%, when four children in five died of disease before the age of five? When one woman in six died in childbirth? When the average lifespan was 40, as it was in America a century ago. When plagues swept across the planet, killing millions in a stroke. Was it when millions starved to death? Is that when it was Eden?

Hmmm...

Maybe I should switch political parties and run for president as a democrat. I can see it now.

"My fellow Americans. Do you want to know what's ruining your standard of living? Do you want to know why everything seems more and more screwed up by the day? Climate change! It's the climate change!

And do you know who's responsible? Not you. And not even America. No. We produce the least carbon dioxide of anyone. It's the rest of the world. The rest of the world. The rest of the world is the cause of all your problems.

Climate change! Climate change!

We have to stop the rest of the world before they kill us all! Do you hear the planet calling? We need a climate crusade. We have to create a great climate crusade. We have to create a great climate crusade army. We need a good crusade. We have to invade and take over those other countries that are killing the planet. We have to stop them. We have to stop them before they kill us all! We need to invade and take over those countries.

It's our duty.

The planet is calling.

Do you hear the call of duty? Do you hear the planet's call?

My fellow Americans, science dictates we launch a climte crusade and take over the world for it's own good. The poor ignorant people's of the world need us. It is our great burden, but we undertake that great burden happily - with joy.

For the planet! For civilization! For humanity!"

I'll bet you a dollar I can convince progs to vote for that agenda and be enthusiastic imperialist crusaders.

Yes, yes, I hear the trumpet call...

Algore Le Veult!