EcoSexual teachers, students marry ocean in Santa Monica

Ecosexuals.jpg
Earlier this month, a professor at Santa Monica College led students in an EcoSexual Sextravaganza in which participants "married the ocean." After the ceremony, some students made their way to the shoreline, where they were urged by event organizers to "consummate" the marriage and "make love with the water," reports Campus Reform.

We here at The People's Cube welcome this expanded definition of marriage, which we believe opens up new horizons for legal experts and divorce lawyers, promising new government research grants and lucrative income opportunities.

While marriage to inanimate objects has long been an acceptable practice in California, the ocean presents the sum of all living and inanimate things within its waters, including all of the planet's water itself, as well as mineral and oil deposits, sunken ships with treasure chests, plankton, large predators, and microscopic parasites.

Will this hyper-polyamorous marriage mean these human spouses will be able to claim their share of the ocean resources and sue the developers? On the other hand, can they be sued by governments and individuals for any damages resulting from storms, hurricanes, tsunamis, and shark bites? And, most importantly, will the current spouses, who file for divorce, be able to claim 50% of the other's property as it is common in California?

The future will tell. In the meantime, let's congratulate the happy newlyweds who recorded their wedding in this film, which we like to call Ocean's Twenty:

Red Square wrote: After the ceremony, some students made their way to the shoreline, where they were urged by event organizers to "consummate" the marriage and [highlight=#ffff00]"make love with the water," [/highlight]
aid.jpg
Never again do you have to be far from your lover. Just dip and cap this inventive fulfillment aid and go Al Natural in the privacy of your own home.

[OFF]

I'm not Catholic, I'm not even Christian, but these people sure are pushing it. I've read a lot about Paganism, mostly to try to get an idea of the new agey-type of people. What I've found is that the older varieties, the old European and especially the Ancient Greek and Roman varieties, could be seen as respectable or at least somewhat sane. It's sort've like Catholicism, less Jesus and all the Catholic holidays. But these people in the video seem to be doing some sort of Wiccan stuff, and Wicca is, to put it lightly, out there. If you were in Philadelphia and Harrisburg was "out there", then most Wiccans would be in San Francisco. Even Hinduism, in my opinion, isn't that high (A low Youngstown to a high Indianapolis, in case you're wondering). Although I did hear the term "handfasting" in there. That's the Wiccan version of marriage, and why they call it that is that the "priest" (the actual term, in my opinion, can only be used by Catholic Priests) says some stuff, the couple kisses and holds hands, and (and this is the crucial bit) the "priest" puts a length of rope, I'd estimate it to be 10 feet, around their hands and ties them together like they're handcuffed together. But what gets me is that if you're doing a handfasting to the ocean, where the hell would you tie the rope on? A gob of water that just happened to be solid and hand shaped? I've heard the phrase "God works in mysterious ways", but the ocean working mysteriously? I've also heard of parting the sea, but making the sea a part of your joint tax filing form?

so, the kaleidoscope of Western Ongoing Decadence (spiritual/intellectual/emotional) was enriched by just yet another sparkle, this one of nauseating sentimentality and sheer idiotic ersatz-otherworldliness.

And they didn't read from the REAL Bible, the UNFCCC/IPCC AR5 aka The Most Recent Edition Of Climate Whatever Indisputable Truth, by UN ? phew.

Eventually, was Kubrick's / Gen. Ripper's "bodily fluids" thing PROPHETIC ???

Red Square wrote:...We here at The People's Cube welcome this expanded definition of marriage, which we believe opens up new horizons for legal experts and divorce lawyers, promising new government research grants and lucrative income opportunities.
point-blank !

US.2010.08.18.Lester.LGBT.gay marriage.California ruling.SSM.jpg
Mike Lester, August 2010

( ML : yet another genius of (contemporary) Ami cartoon, more e. g. here )

I question the appropriateness of the Pacific's decision to wear white ...
bill-clinton.jpg

Red Square wrote:Earlier this month, a professor at Santa Monica College

Santa Monica is, of course, Spanish for "Saint Monica."

Saint Monica?? Hmmm... I wonder if there's a blue dress somewhere? With, uh...

Sea-men on it...

Oh, wait a minute...

Chairman Meow wrote:
bill-clinton.jpg

I guess that answers the question.

Sounds like really becoming the Next New Thing :

Environmentalist gets 'married' to 1,000-year-old cypress tree in Mexico [color=#999999]([/color][url=http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/nlifestyle/2016/05/10/environmentalist-weds-1000-year-old-tule-tree-in-south-mexico/][color=#999999]here[/color][/url][color=#999999], May 10, 2016)[/color] [color=#ffffff].[/color] wrote:... The ritual began Sunday around 11:30 a.m. in the presence of dozens of environmentalists and inhabitants of the Oaxaca town of Santa María del Tule, most of whom had no idea why the man was kissing and "marrying" the tree, a type of cypress whose trunk, at nearly 140 feet around, has the largest diameter in the world.

The wedding was part of the "Marry a tree, save your oxygen" project, whose mission is to stop deforestation around the world, and has already been initiated in Peru, Colombia and Argentina.
Closing Q : but.. but.. but - how is that Gender thingy resolved with ze / zir / zirs Comrade Tree ?
And isn't a gigantic cascade of, uh, Interspeciesist Cultural Appropriations mega-triggered here ?

At that point it's obvious : starting a plethora of Interdisciplinary Scholarly Activisms is a Marxian historical necessity, complete with requirements of establishing suitable {wildcard}-Studies Institutes including all Intersectionalities and Performativities as well as all {wildcard}-Hyphenated- and {wildcard}-Colored Student Centers with climbing walls, safe spaces, gender-oriented and gender-disoriented urinary facilities, furthermore gyms, rape-safe intergendered showers, assembly halls, corridors, rectors, deans, cabinets, files, computers, printers, rolodexes, pencils, erasers, sheets of paper, and cute secretaries (callipygian brunettes first).