Classism, sexism, anti-environmentalism bordering on racism?

Sensitive Comrades of The People's Cube,

Craptek NEWS Service recently received a parody article submission for evaluation. The article was sent by Tracy Van Slyke, contributor to The Guardian.com Her question?

"Do I qualify as a staff writer for 'The People's Cube' or does my stuff need more work to reach your high standards?"
Personally, I was impressed with Tracy's parody article. But as we all know, truly korrekt decisions can only be reached through group-think evaluations. Therefore, I am requesting your feedback on Tracy's article. Is it real, or parody...truth or fiction. You decide.

Sample excerpts from Tracy's article:

"Thomas the Tank Engine had to shut the hell up to save children everywhere.
Classism, sexism, anti-environmentalism bordering on racism: any parent who discovered these hidden lessons will be glad the show's star just quit."

"I'd like to think there was a good environmental message in there, but when the good engines pump out white smoke and the bad engines pump out black smoke – and they are all pumping out smoke – it's not hard to make the leap into the race territory."

"Well guess what? It's not OK. You think a little boy watching Thomas is going to file away the lesson that pink is OK for boys? No, what kids remember is that James was laughed at, cruelly, over and over again, because he looked different and was clad in a "girly" pink color."

"Last year, the British Labour shadow Transportation Secretary even called out Thomas for its lack of females, saying that the franchise <is> setting a bad example for girl wannabe train engineers everywhere."

Captain Craptek wrote:
Sample excerpts from Tracy's article:

Classism, sexism, anti-environmentalism bordering on racism: ...
[/indentr]

To start with, BORDERS are racist and exclusionary...

Tomaski the T-72 Glorious People's Army Tank Engine is good example for young comrades.

Right-thinking hard working comrade will be allowed to work even harder out in glorious fresh air for glory of People.

Lazy capitalist revisionist sympathizers being sent by People's Judge to solitary gulag in walled-up cave. Without cask of Amontillado.

FatController.jpg
KulakReward.jpg

And no amount of running will save you.

I simply could not believe [color=#C0392B]Captain Craptek[/color] when he wrote:Sensitive Comrades of The People's Cube...

You're damn right I'm sensitive and I would never ride around on Thomas like this!

thomas-the-tank-engine-and-craptek.jpg

It certainly appears to be brilliant parody except that it's posted on a newspaper website that is supposed to be serious. Not that I can take The Guardian all that seriously. She has valid points that The Party™, I suggest, should be considering. I suggest the liberation of the island from the tyrannical Mr Hatt might be a good first move.

Lev Termen wrote:Tomaski the T-72 Glorious People's Army Tank Engine is good example for young comrades.

Right-thinking hard working comrade will be allowed to work even harder out in glorious fresh air for glory of People.

Lazy capitalist revisionist sympathizers being sent by People's Judge to solitary gulag in walled-up cave. Without [highlight=#ffff99]cask of Amontillado[/highlight].

KulakReward.jpg

Comrade Termen!

Have you received authorization to read those evil, disruptive E. A. Poe stories? Well,... have you?

Does this Amontillado come in a 40-oz, or just in a cask?

At last! I knew my opportunity had finally arrived when Tovarichi wrote:Does this Amontillado come in a 40-oz, or just in a cask?

Captain Craptek wrote:Comrade Termen!

Have you received authorization to read those evil, disruptive E. A. Poe stories? Well,... have you?

There was comrade named Poe in Alan Parsons Project writing of stories, Comrade Captain Craptek?

Lev Termen wrote:
Captain Craptek wrote:Comrade Termen!

There was comrade named Poe in Alan Parsons Project writing of stories, Comrade Captain Craptek?

Yes, at one time Comrade Termen. Nevermore.

Is Comrade Captain possessing tail mysterious of imagination?

For my own part, I have never had a thought which I could not set down in words, with even more distinctness than that with which I conceived it.

Lev Termen wrote:Is Comrade Captain possessing tail mysterious of imagination?

For my own part, I have never had a thought which I could not set down in words, with even more distinctness than that with which I conceived it.

In that case Comrade Termen, we have a predicament. Thou art the man with the purloined letter. I'm certain of this since it's written in the manuscript I found in a bottle! You may say you've seen a black cat to explain away your tell-tale heart beat - but be careful comrade. A premature burial in an oblong box - from which no light-house or new spectacles can keep the devil in the belfry from his task - awaits you.

(If you understood anything I just said, blink your eyes three times)

Captain Craptek wrote:
Lev Termen wrote:Is Comrade Captain possessing tail mysterious of imagination?

In that case Comrade Termen, we have a predicament. Thou art the man with the purloined letter. I'm certain of this since it's written in the manuscript I found in a bottle! You may say you've seen a black cat to explain away your tell-tale heart beat - but be careful comrade. A premature burial in an oblong box - from which no light-house or new spectacles can keep the devil in the belfry from his task - awaits you.

But do not blink as you are being ushered into the house. Especially by Annabel Lee. (Oy, the bells, the bells, the bells!)

Captain Craptek wrote:In that case Comrade Termen, we have a predicament. Thou art the man with the purloined letter. I'm certain of this since it's written in the manuscript I found in a bottle! You may say you've seen a black cat to explain away your tell-tale heart beat - but be careful comrade. A premature burial in an oblong box - from which no light-house or new spectacles can keep the devil in the belfry from his task - awaits you.

I understood the part about blinking 3 times, which I did. In my opinion, there's far too much thinking and thought occurring in this thread. It's far too confusing.

Repeat after me ....
" Thinking is not tolerated by The State. Blind obedience is. "

Krasnodar wrote:Repeat after me ....

Much better, comrade. The aching in my brain is starting to subside. I'm just a poe worker surviving on beet poeboys and poe quality, aged 7 days, beet vodka rations. This concept of thought is really not good for my overall disposition and my local commissar tells me that it's really quite dangerous for my health. He showed me some photos of some rather unhealthy looking individuals that were convalescing at State managed health spas and said that their condition was a result of too much thought. It convinced me to never attempt thought again.

WIK_Ebensee-concentration-camp-prisoners_1945.jpg

Krasnodar wrote:Repeat after me ....
Thinking is not tolerated by the State. Blind obedience is.