Chavez & Che, like bread & butter

Kommander Kenneth
And the beat goes on........
And the beat goes on........

Welcome to Venezuela, the New Cuba! With Oil!

Che Guevara's Daughter Writes Chavez Bio
By ANDREA RODRIGUEZ, Associated Press Writer
2 hours ago

HAVANA - Revolutionary fighter Che Guevara's daughter has written a book about Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez based on interviews in which they discussed his childhood, family and relationship with Cuban leader Fidel Castro.

"It is always thrilling to know a bit more about a human being who has decided to transform society, especially when that transformation is meant to improve the lives of his people," Aleida Guevara wrote on the book's back cover.

The book, published by Ocean Press and titled "Chavez: Venezuela and the New Latin America," was presented in Havana Friday by the author and Adan Chavez, Venezuela's ambassador to Cuba and also the president's brother.

Guevara met with Chavez twice in February of 2004 in Caracas, Venezuela for the interview. In the 145-page book, the president talks about his childhood in the southwest region of Barinas, where he was born in 1954, and his close relationship with his grandmother Rosa Ines, who raised him.

The Venezuelan leader also speaks openly about his children, his political life and his friendship with Castro.

"Those who have tried to damage my personal or political image for the special relationship I have with Fidel don't realize that they've only given it more power," Chavez says in the book.

Chavez, who is a close ally of the Cuban president, says Castro is like an older brother - a father even - with whom he discusses ideas and receives health advice.

The book has a personal touch because the author's father Che Guevara and Castro were brothers-in-arms in the Cuban revolution and looming icons of the left in Latin America and around the world.

Distribution of the book has begun in English in the United States and Great Britain, and in Spanish in Venezuela and Argentina, according to Ocean Press. It will be released in Ecuador shortly.

Ay Carumba!

Joey Goebbels
Gee, I hope it makes "Book-of-the-Month" with a Red Light special at Che*Mart. I need a good book to read at the beach when I go to Havana for the International Truth Conference in August.

Can't wait for the screen version to come out of Hollywood. The Party has come up with a catchy name for it, "The Three-Wheeler Diary." Works on so many levels! Comrades Redford, Streisand, Sarandon, Asner, and some lower-ranking comrades have already received explicit instructions (we have Domestic Return Receipts PS Form 3811 from Beverly Hills).

All proceeds must go to the Party. We will then decide how much to give to Cuban healthcare system, Saddam Defence Fund, and International Action Center that houses a fleet of pesky little anti-American organizations all of which are conveniently located at one address, 39 W. 14th St. #206 New York, NY 10011.

Our comrades in the film industry will get enough moral satisfaction out of it and so material compensation shall be unnecessary.

I'm sure Holllywood will provide an unfair biased and completley accurate view of how the capitalists are far inferrior to terd, I mean, THIRD world countries.

Well, we tried!
"It is always thrilling to know a bit more about a human being who has decided to transform society, especially when that transformation is <b><i>meant</b></i> to improve the lives of his people," Aleida Guevara wrote on the book's back cover.

Pretty sad when you don't even believe the shit you are writing on the jacket of "your own" book.

Omitted from the jacket was this exchange between Hugo Chavez and Ms. Guevara:

<b>Hugo: So I have this book

A Guevara: Oh really

Hugo: And I need an author

A Guevara: OK

Hugo: Your name carries weight with the people

A Guevara: OK

Hugo: Will you be the author? I will give you money, a house and a limosine.

A Guevara: OK!</b>

Well, it did improve her life, didn't it? One can't posibly hope that every single person's life will be improved. So in a way she's right. That societal transformation is meant to improve the lives of (some of) his people.

Good Point
Comrade Square,

You bring up a good point. Based on the <a href="https://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopi ... 42#ZeroSum" target="_blank">zero-sum principle</a>, collectively, all losses and gains sum to zero. Therefore, to properly judge any collective, we must tally all and have an end result of zero. Obviously, the change in A. Guevara's life was necessary and evened out the equation. Sometimes I am so dense!