Atheists demand display of Nothing next to Ground Zero cross

Nothing_Ground_Zero_300.jpg
An atheist group that tried to block the display of a Ground Zero Memorial Cross in a collection of 9/11 artifacts, is determined to fight a U.S. District judge's decision that the cross-shaped steel beam found in the rubble at the site of the World Trade Center was "non-religious" and thus didn't infringe on their right to believe in Nothing.

American Atheists, Inc. is a militant 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in Cranford, New Jersey, that advocates for the end of the existence of God by government mandate and defends the civil rights of its activists by filing discrimination lawsuits when the activists feel that their faith in Nothing is threatened - as in the case of displaying a symbol of survival after a national tragedy at Ground Zero.

The group has posted the following press release at Atheists.org:

It is an insult to our activists that the most recognizable historical artifact from the most tragic event in U.S. history resembles the symbol of Christianity. The judge obviously wasn't aware that the most important tenet in our non-religious faith states that we are the only ones who can determine what "non-religious" means.

If the Ground Zero cross is not going to be removed, the next best thing would be to reserve an equal space for Nothing. This can be marked with extra room inside the surrounding fence and moving the cross off center to provide space for Nothing on the opposite side.

Nothing_Sign_300.jpg
Other acceptable ways to show Nothing include blank canvases, jars containing air, or an empty display case. There must be a placard that states "Nothing," to let the viewers know they are looking at something that in no way, shape or form represents God.

Even though we at American Atheists, Inc. believe that matter comes from Nothing, we will be forced to fabricate our 9/11 symbol of Nothing out of something, whereas the Christians had their symbol conveniently formed by their God when the buildings fell. We always get the short end of the stick, and the judge's decision to throw out our lawsuit only adds insult to injury.

Since our belief in non-religion by default assigns all non-religious symbols to our faith, defining the Ground Zero Cross as "non-religious" effectively puts it among our symbols, which is absurd.

While the U.S. Constitution forbids the government to make laws governing religion, here we have a judge trying to regulate our non-religious belief in Nothing. This just shows how outmoded the Constitution is and how much we need to replace it with a new document that protects Nothing from regulation.

Militant American Atheists believe that the only way to achieve true religious liberty is to have the government issue a mandate that there is nothing to liberate. It goes without saying that freedom of religion also means freedom to prevent other people from having a religion, through lawsuits.

We vow to appeal this case until it reaches a progressive judge who will rule in our favor. Once that happens, Christians will also have Nothing to believe in. While Jesus may or may not have said, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above," we are confident the courts will find this statement to be false. The court's authority will be final, superseding that of any deity, imaginary or real.

Some critics, however, doubt the wisdom of this initiative, saying that the Christians may start using the same argument in reverse, demanding displays of "Something" in all places where "Nothing" is found. For example, they may argue that wherever air is present, there must also be a cross.

Others have argued that the precedent set by this court ruling may open the doors to other religious items being determined to have non-religious significance, or that Nothing may eventually be designated as a religion.

While many non-aligned individual atheists and agnostics have expressed their non-concern with display of the Cross, American Atheists, Inc. dismisses these people as "non-practicing Atheists" or "secularized secularists" who don't take their non-religious beliefs seriously.

"Our schools surely need improving, with so many atheists who can't tell the difference between Nothing and Something," said the group's representative in a separate statement. "There has to be a firm wall between us and them, because believers in religion believe in something, and we believe in something else, which is Nothing, and should not be confused with Something, particularly Something Else."

Such a position may complicate any future inclusion of militant atheists in displays of national togetherness as long as some people have something and others have Nothing.

What could help is, perhaps, a mutual acceptance of the possibility that God may have created everything including Nothing. One who believes in Nothing will then be rightfully treated as one who believes in anything at all, and vice versa. A subsequent court decision equating Nothing with Everything could then truly put an end to discrimination against Nothing for good.

Additional reporting by Red Square and Nomenclature-Climber
[img]/images/avatars/Cube_Hand.gif[/img] [img]/images/avatars/Nomenclatura_Climber2.png[/img]

Nothing_Here_Sign.jpg

Now that we're on this issue, here's a relevant video of a Serbian thoughtcriminal grandma telling off a liberal journalist.

Well.

CubeDisplay.jpg
As a born-again, Spirit-filled, tongue-talking, devil-stomping, radically-saved Christian, I DEMAND THAT THIS SYMBOL BE DISPLAYED EVERYWHERE!!!

Red Square wrote:Now that we're on this issue, here's a relevant video of a Serbian thoughtcriminal grandma telling off a liberal journalist.

I wonder what she REALLY thinks of his questions.

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:As a born-again, Spirit-filled, tongue-talking, devil-stomping, radically-saved Christian, I DEMAND THAT THIS SYMBOL BE DISPLAYED EVERYWHERE!!!
Comrade R.O.C.K., let's not forget the bible clinging and gun toting! Fortunately we have a Leader with nothing in his head other than redistributing the something so that soon we all will have nothing.

american atheists.jpg

Nothing produces something, much like how our complex genetic code developed and assembled over time from nothing. First there was nothing then something sprang forth and became increasingly complex. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is REASON. Thank you very much.

“People love others not for who they are, but for how they make them feel.”

ImageProfessor Irwin Corey

Now wait, if our Mooslim comrades object to everything, and we begin to progressively distribute NOTHING, (Government oversight will be needed!) How can we instigation of revolution based on nothing? And who's paying for all of this nothing? Nothing doesn't just grow on trees, you know. Dear Leader says " nothing is too good for Amerikka" and that's just what they'll get!

Hiya..... here in Cali we excel at nothing. As a matter of fact, we were the first to think of it. Funny thing, I was just trying to think of the last thing on my mind and nothing popped into my head.

If nothing is sacred then it's something the Party should tax out of existence!!

~

They're baaaaack....

Last year, a lower court rejected a lawsuit filed in 2011 by the New Jersey-based American Atheists that said the cross was an unconstitutional establishment of religion.

In his appeal, Kagin said his organization is seeking a similar object to be displayed at the museum, something like a plaque that would say “atheists died here, too.”

“We're arguing for equal treatment in some way, whatever that might be,” Kagin said after the hearing.

Perhaps Kagin would be thrilled if more symbols were found in the rubble, forming a Coexist motif, with Nothing in place of one of the letters.

1.jpg

I am sick & tired of these "Look At Me I'm Special" asshole Atheists and their incessant lawsuits against religion.

1. These cowardly pussies somehow NEVER file lawsuits against the Moslems. I reckon they're not into beheading.
  2. I always say Grace before my meal; sometimes aloud, sometimes silently, never ostentatiously. If I'm dining out, it's disappointing to occasionally hear the "EF Hutton awkward silence" at the tables around me. Image