Announcing: The Legion of Hysterical Fools

[img]/images/various_uploads/Legion_Hysterical_Fools_Silverman_Maher.jpg[/img]

I am pleased to announce that the Party, in its wisdom, has decided to create a new legion of merit to join the Long March to the Glorious World of Next Tuesday.

Lenin had his Useful Idiots.

We have our Hysterical Fools.

And to recognize the greatest of these masters of unfounded outrage and fantasy accusation, the Party has inaugurated the Legion of Hysterical Fools.

Each week, we will accept nominations for this great honor. Keep an eye to the ground and an ear on the horizon to locate the most Progressive Prog and lodge your nomination here on this thread. Look for the Prog with the highest level of unreasonable outrage, the most willful misunderstanding, the wildest conspiracy, the thinnest skin. These are the things that win voters' hearts, and are far more effective than a coherent policy or a reasoned argument. These are the things we need to reward and encourage.

Then tune in next Saturday, when we will review the nominees and select the newest inductee to this prestigious new award.

Votes will be tabulated by Broward County's own Brenda Snipes to make sure the count is speedy and accurate.

Winners will have their names engraved on a special plaque that shall be affixed to the door of the outhouse behind Tractor Barn #2 for all to see.

Just to kick things off, here is the first nominee for the first week: Hulu talk-show host Sarah Silverman.

On a recent appearance on Bill Maher's HBO program, Silverman remarked that she was surprised that Donald Trump, the president who moved the American Embassy to Jerusalem and whose family includes Jewish children and grandchildren, is such a Nazi that she is surprised he does not force her to sew a Star of David to her clothes.

This is the kind of Hysterical Foolishness that will propel the Party over the edge...where ever the edge might be.
Last edited by Red Square on 11/10/2018, 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason for editing this post: I like Stealth Editing

I nominate Van Jones of CNN for his stellar article and how-to on making sure Brian Kemp doesn't steal the Georgia gubernatorial election from Stacy Abrams.
He keeps the calculus so simple that even a prog with a degree could follow it:
a) Kemp is a white male
b) Abrams is a black female
c) Georgia is a southern state
Therefore, a Kemp victory is a return to Jim Crow and renewed cross burnings.
See what I mean? Concise and to the point with razor like logic. Really, what other conclusion is possible?
I'll bet Home Depot is running out of lumber as I write this.

A powerful nominee indeed.

But what about the son of a rich Irish family who raises millions of dollars in other people's money, changes his name to appeal to Hispanic voters, (Hispanics are now the majority in Texas) runs on the tried and true foolproof mantras of "hope and change" and blows it at the last minute?

I must nominate the People's Candidate, Robert Francis (Beto) O'Rourke.

Whoever the nominee is, this tag should work. One size fits all.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Legion_Hysterical_Fools_Medal.png[/img]

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 11.10.58 PM.png

Interesting. Just like the CEO of Reddit: he likes stealth editing too.

Hmmm... Reddit... Red Square...

Coincidence? I think not.

Red Square wrote:Whoever the nominee is, this tag should work. One size fits all.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Legion_Hysterical_Fools_Medal.png[/img]

Komrades,

I am nominating myself for this honor because I will be this hysterical (here is an example).....

if we don't find a way to renew the 1982 GOP Consent Decree immediately!....

Mystery item No. 1

What a world, what a world.....where are my smelling salts?!

(Don't forget to VOTE CIZ for this great honor! Just don't tell anyone I told you to do it.)

Are nominations open? Golly gee whillikers , is this a target rich environment or what?
VlFI0V.png

DScM88.jpg

I nominate California's Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif. who proposed outlawing "military-style semi-automatic assault weapons" and forcing existing owners to sell their weapons or face prosecution. As a good standing progressive replying to an angry Twitter post, Rep. Swalwell stated ... "And it would be a short war, my friend. The government has nukes. Too many of them. But they're legit. I'm sure if we talked we could find common ground to protect our families and communities." ........Comrades, California's Eric Swalwell deserves a special the legion of hysterical fools with cross atomic rifles and oak leaves…..

Let's see if this thing really works. I've got it set on the "Bloodhound" setting where it will track down every vote for Clara no matter where it may be hiding.

Let's see what happens when I turn it on.......

Holy Shit! I can't take that, let's see if it can be fine tuned.................

Oh yeah, much better.