McCartney Apologizes For 9/11 Song

Image Songwriter in 'ongoing self-criticism' after apprehension on suspicion of
pro-Americanism

New York -- Giving in to public pressure, singer and composer Paul McCartney issued a statement on Monday, apologizing to the progressive artistic community for his "pro-American lyrics and compulsive right-wing behavior" in the days following the 9/11 attacks in New York City, when he organized Concert For New York and performed the "ill-conceived" patriotic song called Freedom.

"I don't know what came over me," says McCartney, 64, who was widely criticized by peace activists as a "pro-war Beatle" for writing and singing a jingoistic tune containing such lines as "I will fight for the right to live in freedom. " In his statement, McCartney acknowledges that he had been experiencing "right-wing sentiments" for several weeks following 9/11. "Please know from my heart that I am not a patriot. I am not a even an American," he said.

According to sources close to the ACLU, on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, McCartney was on a plane at the JFK airport when his flight was grounded due to terror alert. The moment he saw the World Trade Center collapse, the ex-Beatle launched into a profanity-laced tirade, hurling openly pro-American, jingoistic, and patriotic statements at the skies, the ACLU source said. It was in this inebriated right-wing state that co-author of "All You Need Is Love" and other politically correct songs canceled his tour and unilaterally organized a benefit for the 9/11 victims. This was completely out of sync with the rest of the artistic community who correctly responded to the attack by renewed unanimous efforts to undermine US imperialism from within.

George Michael:

"I don't want to minimize for a moment the hurt and anger, the anguish that song has created among us. But we're glad that Mr. McCartney has finally owned up to the fact that he wrote a right-wing pro-American song, and we welcome his efforts to repair the damage he has caused."

Neil Young:

I hope his apology is sincere and heartfelt. But McCartney needs to show tangible actions of repentance - like marrying a dolphin or something.

Bob Gendolf:

"Once he completes his rehabilitation for freedom-loving nonsense, we will be ready and willing to help him with his second rehabilitation to combat this disease of pro-Americanism."

Natalie Maines:

"McCartney would probably be spared if somewhere in the second verse he would explain that by freedom he meant not the American ideal of Liberty with its fixation on individualism and responsible behavior - but rather free healthcare, housing, social services, and all kinds of permissiveness in general. Let his example be a stark reminder to all musicians. The Party discipline has to be enforced."

"Now I realize there is no excuse, nor should there be any tolerance, for anyone who thinks or expresses any kind of pro-American sentiment," McCartney said in a statement issued by his publicist. "I want to apologize specifically for the vitriolic and harmful song that I wrote and performed to an audience of New York firefighters, police, and rescue workers after 9/11."

It was during that performance that the ex-Beatle's pro-American sentiments went way above the posted limit. When the ACLU squad approached McCartney they smelled "Jefferson and the Bill of Rights" on his breath, and a thoughtcrime test showed that his pro-American content was 0.9, while the New York legal limit is 0.001.

"My pro-Americanism was a moment of temporary insanity," the embattled author of Let It Be said. "I am grateful to the ACLU, my fellow celebrities, and members of the media for apprehending me before I caused any setbacks to their plans for America, and thus had my artistic license revoked. I apologize to the artists and musicians who have always been there for me and indeed probably saved me from myself. Especially I would like to apologize to heroic MTV producers whose tireless counter-cultural efforts have helped to create the perfectly uniform climate of artistic expression that we enjoy today."

ImageAn award-winning example of a progressive knee-jerk artistic expression.

"I used to sing with John Lennon, so whenever I sing about politics today, my words carry additional weight in the public arena," McCartney said. "Therefore, I must assume additional responsibility for my actions and apologize directly to those who have been hurt by those lyrics, especially to Billie, Mike and Tre of Green Day whose profound award-winning song 'American Idiot' I cynically snubbed with my inane blather about freedom. Perhaps if I had responded to 9/11 by writing 'American Idiot' myself, I would not be in this situation today," said the author of Yesterday, adding that he has "suffered from the disease of freedom-loving" all his adult life, especially while writing Blackbird, and that he profoundly regrets this "horrific relapse."

"After my mistakes have been pointed out to me, I understand that I should have never sung that freedom is 'a right given by God,' and instead of 'I will fight for the right to live in freedom' I should've said 'I will compromise,' or 'I will rely on the United Nations for the right to live in freedom,"' said the embattled Sir Paul.

"I have disgraced myself with that song and have taken necessary steps to ensure my return to conformity," McCartney said, announcing that he is embarking on an "ongoing self-criticism program" to battle his relapsed jingoism and wants to meet with community leaders to help him "discern the appropriate path for healing."

"I am in the process of understanding where those freedom-loving words came from, and I am asking the progressive community, whom I have personally offended with my pro-Americanism, to help me on my journey through recovery," the statement continued. "I know there will be many who will want nothing to do with me, and that would be understandable."

McCartney denied his apology was meant to limit any career damage. "It's about existing in harmony in a world that seems to have gone mad," he said.

Members of the artistic community, who have speculated about the fallout from McCartney's reported pro-freedom slurs, have greeted his most recent statement favorably.

In an effort to help Sir Paul on his journey through recovery, our orbital correspondent Laika the Space Dog has re-written some of his earlier songs to show him how he can improve his image and writing skills:

----------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Sept. 24

The People's Cube disclaimer:
since many people have posted this link elsewhere on the Internet as a true news item, we must reveal that in reality Paul McCartney still hasn't apologized for the hurt and anguish he has brought upon the progressive community with his pro-American song. If the story looks so real to so many, it must have correctly captured the alternate reality cultivated by most music celebrities, in which wishful thinking stands for the higher truth, and knee-jerk anti-Americanism stands for the higher morality. Somehow Paul McCartney has managed to stay away from all that - which brings up a question: where is the Music Kommissar and what he/she is going to do to force McCartney to conform to the narrow margins of diversity in Party-approved artistic expressions?

-- Red Square

Shhhhh.......

If you play "I'll Follow Islam" backwards it says "Bush is Dead"
If you play "Bungledjob Bill" backwards it says "I Bury George"
If you look at Paul at the top of this article, Paul is making a fist with his right hand while cupping his left hand over the right hand fist like a crescent moon. That means solidarity with Islamofascism.
If you look at George Michael, he just saw a very large penis....ohhhhhhh...

If you look at Paul at the top of this article, Paul is making a fist with his right hand while cupping his left hand over the right hand fist like a crescent moon.

Actually, if you look into the sky when there is a crescent moon out, you can see a planet (I don't know which one) near the moon that will be in perfect position like the star and crescent. I don't know when it will be like that, but it sure is close.

Dear Premier Betty,

It happens every time there is a planetary conjunction with the moon on the elliptical arc. (It happens facing south in the northern hemisphere and visa versa in the southern hemisphere) The next one is Friday when Mercury and Mars are in conjunction with the crescent moon. No shit! read your Old Farmer's Almanac.

L.

Een Old Rue-shun Farhhrmurs allmean-ack zere ar Ohhnly Peek-sheers ovf aK-47 ant shue-vel eat vas seetink necxt tewe leel-tul blue meeny's booh-ck!!!I Deed- int meen to luke at eat!!

You say you want a revolution? We know we can count sir McCartney out...

I am OFFENDED! How dare he tote a title of nobility! How dare he! He has openly offended countless numbers of womyn worldwide that can only dream of having "sir" before their name. This is an outrage, this is a social issue that needs to be addressed in street demonstrations. Paul, denounce your allegiance to that white protestant woman who wears a bra and come into the servitude of Her Excellency Hillary R. Clinton, then you can have a green NLG cap and wield the power of forced labor on others.

National
Lawyers
Guild

Music Commisar

Chairman Meow-Say-Pun wrote:I am OFFENDED! How dare he tote a title of nobility! How dare he! He has openly offended countless numbers of womyn worldwide that can only dream of having "sir" before their name. This is an outrage, this is a social issue that needs to be addressed in street demonstrations. Paul, denounce your allegiance to that white protestant woman who wears a bra and come into the servitude of Her Excellency Hillary R. Clinton, then you can have a green NLG cap and wield the power of forced labor on others.

National
Lawyers
Guild

Music Commisar

When is somebody going to break it to Hillary?....She's white. Poor lady.

(Pulls comrade Traci aside)

Comrade, do not say anything in the negative of Her Excellency, never ever say she is "white" or a "poor lady", you never know when she is listening, she is everywhere and always watching, you must praise her at all times. She controls everything comrade Traci, everything! Oh Lenin help us, she might be monitoring this forum right now as we speak, she might send them after us, oh my, quick comrade Traci, cut your hair short and take all that make-up off in case she walks in... Oh no, I can hear her jack boots clicking and that grunting noise she makes when she recieves a generous campaign contribution... quick comrade Traci, run! make a run for it! get out of here while you still have a chance!!!

Busted!
I don't have time to deal with you two now, but I will.
$oro$ has demanded that I show some poll numbers before he gives me another $10M.....that and all the other crap I have to do to win this chumpshit Senate race. Who the fuck wants to be a Senator? Shits like McCain, Byrd, Specter, and Boxer, that's who! Washed up hacks....oh never mind!
I'll be back for you two....mark my word.
How about a limo ride to Ft. Marcy Park?

Hillary

Your Excellency! We are honored by your presence, how much $$$ is it going to take to get me out of this and who do I make the check payable to, you or an offshore account?

The Lippo Group still works. Lorel also. No Whitewater, that's over, capice? You could wire it into my Swiss account via Aruba, that way you could avoid those nasty wire tags in the Patriot Act. Your choice....but you better damn well do it.

H.

Dammit Ka-Ching,

I told you not in front of the Cube!
Oh, I do miss you darling....Janet and Maureen mean nothing to me...Space, yes space! I'll support Captain Nelson, I'll even do a fundraiser for him. He's very handsome, the epitome of Democratic Party manliness.
$oro$....that man means nothing to me also, you know I'm only using him....I'd never use you...ohhhhh.... how I'd love to feel your money grubbing fingers run through my Bush....HAHAHAHA...did I say Bush?
You know what I mean...you're making me blush.
Honey, I've got to run, I've got another fundraiser to whor....er...I mean attend, I must go.
We'll be in touch, but please keep that soft money coming.

Hillary

I am heartbroken! McCartney's gut reaction to 9/11 was to drop all the BS and become a human, free thinker for once. Now that he's had time, he's taken back all the Marxist BS again, and has denounced the civilization upon which he depends. Shameless.

UPDATE: Sept. 24

The People's Cube disclaimer:
since many people have posted this link elsewhere on the Internet as a true news item, we must reveal that in reality Paul McCartney still hasn't apologized for the hurt and anguish he has brought upon the progressive community with his pro-American song. If the story looks so real to so many, it must have correctly captured the alternate reality cultivated by most music celebrities, in which wishful thinking stands for the higher truth, and knee-jerk anti-Americanism stands for the higher morality. Somehow Paul McCartney has managed to stay away from all that - which brings up a question: where is the Music Kommissar and what he/she is going to do to force McCartney to conform to the narrow margins of diversity in Party-approved artistic expressions?
-- Red Square

Maybe it was the Rove-Cheney-Bushler mind control machine that made Paul write that song.
You see, that mind control machine made those poor, peaceful Muslims do that plane hijack thing and shortly thereafter they used that machine on Neil Young. Here's the proof:

"Let's Roll"

I know I said I love you,
I know you know it's true,
I've got to put the phone down,
and do what we got to do.

One's standing in the aisleway,
Two more at the door,
We've got to get inside there,
Before they kill somemore.

Time is runnin' out,
Let's roll.
Time is runnin' out,
Let's roll.

No time for indecision,
We've got to make a move,
I hope that were foregiven,
For what we got to

How this all got started,
I'll never understand,
I hope someone can fly this thing,
And get us back to land.

Time is runnin' out,
Let's roll.
Time is runnin' out,
Let's roll.

No one has the answer,
But one thing is true,
You've got to turn on evil,
When it's coming after you,
You've gota face it down,
And when it tries to hide,
You've gota go in after it,
And never be denied,
Time is runnin' out,
Let's roll.

Let's roll for freedome,
Let's roll for love,
We're going after satan,
On the wings of a dove,
Let's roll for justice,
Let's roll for truth,
Let's not let our children,
Grow up fearfull in their youth.

Time is runnin' out,
Let's roll.
Time is runnin' out,
Let's roll.
Time is runnin' out,
Let's roll.

It took brain surgery and 5 years of intense therapy to erase the horrible memory of writing this hateful, class dividing song.
All is well now. CSNY is touring the land with "Freedom of Speech '06" and it's the model of proletarian thought and art.

https://www.neilyoung.com/lwwtoday/index.html

::SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT::

Comrades, my office has just received a special communiqué from Directorate No. 2 of Party Censorship, Purges and Accusations that I am being forced to share with you.

-Directorate No. 2 of Party Censorship, Purges and Accusations.
-Dated: 9/29/06

Dearest Comrades of the Cube:

Directorate No. 2 has heard your immediate pleas of retribution for Thought Offender #187623 McCartney, Paul. Our staff here at Directorate No. 2 are in Party talks with #187623 and have come to a conclusion on how best to handle this blatant assault on progressive values. We are proposing the following.

- #187623 must immediately refrain from making any further statements glorifying the imperialist entity the "U.S.A'.

- The record and all mention of #187623 comments have been stricken from all records and under Article 27 Section 2.2-3 of the Party Entertainment Clause must be forgotten and purged from the consciousness of the masses.

- #187623 has accepted 72 hours of self-criticism sessions and is making a considerable donation to the [ PARTY EDIT] campaign in 08'

All musicians/actors/artist have been warned, the Party will not accept any deviance in the Party Entertainment Clause. Offenders will be met with swift Gulag sentencing and a minimal fine of 100,000,000 U.S.D.

Censoring you,

Allenton C. Ensor Esq.

Kommissar of Music, Art and Entertainment

A logical development - McCartney is now pro-Obama.

This fits into the "Life imitates the People's Cube" category.

NY Daily News wrote:WASHINGTON -- After all those hits along the long and winding road to fame, you'd think nothing would fluster Paul McCartney. Think again.

Sir Paul confessed he was "slightly nervous" in the leadup to Wednesday's big concert at the White House, where President Barack Obama was presenting McCartney with the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song.

"He's a great guy," McCartney said of Obama, "so lay off him."

To which iOwnTheWOrld.com responded with this:

I Buried Paul's Brain

by HippieCritic - June 2, 2010

I am of certainty that Dear Leader will be of asking Sir Assbag if he to have any of the solutions on how to be fixing of leaky Gulf.

Hmmm... I think the Sir Assbag can sing to Dear leader this new song he was to have written. It is tune to 'Blackbird' - ('black'bird - you to get it?)

Big leak gushing in the dead of night
Made the Gulf a pond of dirty slime
Now's the time
Barry we are waiting for the moment when you try

Fix that sunken hole deep in the sea
Now's the time
Barry we are waiting for your moment when you lead

Big gush leak
Inside the Gulf there's a big black leak

Made the Gulf a pond of dirty slime
Now's the time

I to add to Peoples Karaoke™

Mrs Al Czarweary -

Thank you for writing the crown jewel of People's Karaoke! Now we'll have something to rattle with the next time McCartney performs for the Politburo in the Bunker.

A proof that moving to an elite Midtown Manhattan neighborhood (next to MOMA) doesn't make one smarter, more open-minded, or appreciative of one's blessings. Which is great news for the Party. The prog spirit in swanky Manhattan areas is so strong, it burns all the non-compliant thoughts out of you in a day.

You have to understand, comrades. If you live there long enough, you'll also become an unthinking conduit for Party approved Current Truth™.

Oh my! Listen to what the man said! Comrades, for years I have listened to Paul sing, but not until last night--and when he wasn't even singing--did I--I--ohhh--ohh whoa, I feel like letting go!

Yes, when he spoke those words so sweet and true of the past eight years, just like that he brought me coming up like a flower to throbbing, pulsating, liquid hot Hate Bush Orgasm! I can't tell you what I feel, my heart is like a wheel; I was rolling on the floor, howling and banging my shovel at the speed of sound.

Some people think the world is full of silly Bush hate . . . and what's wrong with that? I'd like to know. 'Cause here I go . . . again!

I haaaate Bush . . . I haaaaate Bush . . .

You were banging your shovel....the mind boggles at the picture within,

Betinov, you have a dirty mind for a brain soaking in so much sterile fluid. What I meant was I was whacking my shovel . . . oh, still snickering and leering I see. Perhaps I should demonstrate exactly what I did with the shovel.

I swung it up, and at the speed of sound brought it down LIKE THIS!!!

Now, where's the Commissarka of Housekeeping? Paging the Commissarka of Housekeeping! Cleanup in the McCartney thread, Post 26. Broken glass . . . spilled vodka . . . spattered brains . . .

29742_122976621067529_100000655745005_167743_2241152_n.jpg

A message from Red Square

Dear French comrade: for now I've hidden your off-topic ravings under the Groucho mask. The next time they'll be deleted. But thanks for the nice picture of Paul McCartney playing Back in the USSR.
- RS

Mystery item No. 1

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Paging the Commissarka of Housekeeping! Cleanup in the McCartney thread, Post 26. Broken glass . . . spilled vodka . . . spattered brains . . .
Oh my, it seems that Venus and Mars are alright tonight...

Red Square wrote:Mrs Al Czarweary -

Thank you for writing the crown jewel of People's Karaoke! Now we'll have something to rattle with the next time McCartney performs for the Politburo in the Bunker.

You are of most welcoming, Red Square. It is all for The People™. But now you make for me to do the blushing.

Mrs. Al, is not the veil intended for such tell tale cheeky female flushings of the face?

(ah geez, now you got me talking like a mooslim)

B.......ahhhhhhh!!! You guys are funny!!!

Oi've 'ad worse! Nothing but a flesh wound.... But unfortunately, I have no flesh. Help me, Obamacare!

Comrades,

I am surprised at the surprise here. As a participant in the song "When I'm 64," Sir McCartney (who is thus more equal than most of us, which is only fair) crooned, "Will you still feed me, will you still need me, when I'm 64?"

How old was he was that was penned? In his 20s? Now he is 64, needs to be fed, and knows his vote is needed. Comrades, when asked "Who's your daddy?" Comrade Sir McCartney rightly came to his progressive senses.

Whether he has begun penning new songs for a swimming pool, for the masses this time, I do not yet know. However, I have Hope™ for such a Change™!

Citizens

My favorite "dead" Beatle!

Publius

McCartney was denounced by Lennon years ago.